The Future of Mutiny Bay

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
schmatt

Been thinking of ways the park could expand insize to add new attractions without removing older ones and though that the storage area? (Correct me if wrong) behind MB could be used for a large expansion to the area. This would however means new storage areas would need to be created but do Alton really need it all on site? I don't believe Thorpe or Chessington have any where near as Alton does. If all the storage areas were to be moved there would be multiple areas the park could expand with MB being one of the largest.

I came up with a little plan of what I would like it to look like if such an expansion was to occur:

As you can see I moved Spinball to the new area as its more tucked away and hidden from direct view of the entrance I could imagine queue lines decreasing as you would have to choose to head towards it first as apposed to it being shoved in your face the moment you walk through the entrance. This would allow for Adv. Land to be used for an extension of Storybook Land or other childrens area.
Sonic would have a theme similar to maelstrom at DMP passing through destroyed buildings accompanied by water and sound effects. It would also result in Spinball's third colour scheme.

In the centre of the area there is a large shipwrecked pirate ship which will be similar to 'Me ship, The Olive' at IOA essentially making it a walkthrough attraction with funhouse style effects.

All original storage warehouse buildings will remain but will have a nice pirate town facade to them. The larger of the 3 (bottom left) will become a new dark ride, a vekoma panoramic flight simulator with 4d effects where you join Captin Blackbeard on an adventure out at sea, with battle scenes and kraken attacks.

The 2nd largest (top right) will house a theater for an more elaborate version of pirates of mutiny bay along with other pirate esque shows. It will also house a meet and greet stage which will be transformed into a maze for scarefest.
The long building along the back of these two buildings will remain a storage building as I believe it is used for storing the skyride cars.

The other building will become a new eatery. The area also extended onto the staff car park area to include some family friendly flat rides such as a newly improved swinging ship to replace the blade. I also added a diving show area similar to legolands.

I designed the area to be a more tweener area but also allow for younger and older guests to enjoy the area. Its also designed to be able to have most of the attracts open year round to increase the line up for winter openings. Please point out the flaws in my design, love abit of criticism, and also post your ideas on the future of mutiny bay.
Last edited by schmatt on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ollboll9

This all looks great, I think the Flume should be removed and replace with a Water ride, Pirate themed. My guess is it's the next SW thanks to the poster from a while back.
Poop. Always
Themeparksandy1981

The staff really need to be dressed as pirates and if poss talk like them as well. I really think the blade needs to be rethemed back as a pirate ship.
Jack

ollboll9 wrote: the poster from a while back.
What poster? :?
Maseyg123

Really, really good plan! If only you worked for Alton Towers :D
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
scruffy_

What are the light blue parts?
ollboll9

jackandylan123 wrote:
ollboll9 wrote: the poster from a while back.
What poster? :?
There was a poster a while back on the sales and information booth (I think, I never saw it myself but have seen pics on this forumm) saying stuff like, 'The Ducks days are numbered' and 'Captain Black has a New SW coming from Switzerland but is unsure how long it will take', Interesting. I'll try and find it for you.
Poop. Always
Maseyg123

I found this on t'interweb...

Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Toonsville

schmatt wrote: All original storage warehouse buildings will remain but will have a nice pirate town facade to them. The larger of the 3 (bottom left) will become a new dark ride, a vekoma panoramic flight simulator with 4d effects where you join Captin Blackbeard on an adventure out at sea, with battle scenes and kraken attacks.
Or Pirate Adventure ride relocated from Drayton Manor Park which I was thought about when I went on that ride at Drayton Manor today before it closed for the maintenance.
Trumpet

Great idea, and I agree that the staff need to talk like Pirates to have complete immersion in the area. However, a water thrill ride should replace the flume or maybe re-theme the baths into mini boats
"Science is not an exact Science"

Rick and Morty - 2014
Burniel

Trumpet wrote: Great idea, and I agree that the staff need to talk like Pirates to have complete immersion in the area. However, a water thrill ride should replace the flume or maybe re-theme the baths into mini boats
Totally agree we can't leave the flume without a good replacement
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
schmatt

Toonsville wrote: Or Pirate Adventure ride relocated from Drayton Manor Park which I was thought about when I went on that ride at Drayton Manor today before it closed for the maintenance.
Unfortunatly Pirates adventure is far too large for any of the maintenance building, plus the cost to relocate it all would probably outweigh building one from scrap.
scruffy_ wrote: What are the light blue parts?
The light blue parts would represent water with rockwork surrounding them.

As for the flume replacement, I did come up with an idea a while ago for a ride similar to Valhalla although with ourdoor sections including the final drop. I'll scan my computer and see if I can find them, I also believe I drew some concept art although these are probably long gone, however if anyone is interested I'll try my best to locate them.
Last edited by schmatt on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam-AltonTowers

Here's an image I quickly put together, it shows some unofficial plans of a family roller coaster named Mermasnatch located in Mutiny Bay layered onto whats there now. These plans were create by John Burton Creative and this ride, if ever built would replace The Flume.

Here's the topic about these plans by the way: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-to ... ept-37007/

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
schmatt

That would work great over the lake and with a flume style ride located on the storage area than mutiny bay would feel much more of an area as apposed to just that place with the teacups. However this may mean Spinball would need a new location or potentially be sold to another park.
Themeparksandy1981

I do think they really need to add more theming to the area as to me it still looks like Merrie England with just a new paint job. They done a good job in retheming the tea cups&adding 2 new rides to the area but I think it's really missing cannon balls sticking out the Walls,a stunt show,staff dressed up&a pirate ship play area for the kids.

The biggest chance I think could be down to the flume site they got two options:

1) A outdoor/indoor pirate thrill ride

2) Reroute the queue area so it be in the Katanga Canyon and theme it as a African adventure where on the way you get to meet Africa's wildest animals like Elephants and at the end up hitting  rough waters and go down a high drop themed to look like a waterfall. The boats could be themed as rafts.
Fish777

Bu then the two main water rides would be the same theme
JammyBand

Its looks like an extremely good plan. Well thought out and definately possible. Are you sure that is enough space for spinball?
schmatt

JammyBand wrote: Its looks like an extremely good plan. Well thought out and definately possible. Are you sure that is enough space for spinball?
Thank you very much  :D I took the size of spinball from google maps and placed it here so yes im pretty certain that it'd fit in.
UKCoasterB

I myself think that Mutiny Bay needs a roller coaster as it's really close to the entrance so it looks good walking in plus the west side of the park is really lacking roller coasters compared to the east side. I think Mutiny Bay would be perfect for Knightmare (from the now defunct Camelot) as it's under the 30 metre height limit, I checked. Also it would attract thrill-seekers and families to the east-side of the park because of it's no inversions but it has that 4-G's. You could easily change the cars from the steam train cars to a Zierer elevated seating car as they also created the rollercoaster. It could be themed around the kracken or a battle at sea. I think it could go over the lake where the flume is or in the area behind the Eastern express and Towers street. I personalley think it should go there :lol :D
Ryan.B

Would spinball fit there size wise yes, would it fit there height wise,no. The trees there are quite small and you walk past them on the way in so I imagine spinball could be visible from pretty far away as it would be about 3 times the height of the trees on the monorail side and you would easily see it from the entrance I believe, only other option is paint it dark green.