Air possible retheme!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Clarky

I was at Alton Towers today and when I asked a member of staff, they replied that there was a rumour Air will be rethemed if SW8 was built on the car park nearby, what do you think of this?
Alex

Ride ops are notorious for making things up, when the Smiler was being built I got told that there needed to be 600 hours of testing and that the unique feature was tilting trains..... look how that worked out :lol:
Jack

Ready_23 wrote: Ride ops are notorious for making things up, when the Smiler was being built I got told that there needed to be 600 hours of testing and that the unique feature was tilting trains..... look how that worked out :lol:
but then also remember, they told us the date that the smiler opened ;)
Clarky

I know what you mean ready but if the new coaster did arrive, would the theming fit in with forbidden valley (I don't think air does anyway), so could these 2 coasters not form a new area?
Lee

jackandylan123 wrote:
Ready_23 wrote: Ride ops are notorious for making things up, when the Smiler was being built I got told that there needed to be 600 hours of testing and that the unique feature was tilting trains..... look how that worked out :lol:
Which date is this? The original opening, the failed openi, the rumoured openings that's never occurred? Or how about the 18th may? My point is, staff at alton towers love wowing guests with information they have, which in fact is almost always rumour and spin.
Jack

Lee James wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
Which date is this? The original opening, the failed openi, the rumoured openings that's never occurred? Or how about the 18th may? My point is, staff at alton towers love wowing guests with information they have, which in fact is almost always rumour and spin.
nah, the one that they actually got right :lol: 31st may
Clarky

Well that's good then isn't it!
cookiee_munster

its kind of inevitable that if SW8 were to be built on the car park next to air (please god no) then yes, i believe that air and this other coaster will have a land of their own. hooray!
Clarky

Why do you not want it built except there? Yes it is off the beaten track but where else could they build a good sized coaster?
cookiee_munster

the flume site, the coach park just near to katanga canyon, coaster corner (indoor ride)

there are other area's of land they could use. i just wish they'd spread their coasters around a bit...
Clarky

fair point, the flume area might be used for a different water ride, or perhaps a refurb though so that area wont be used