Alton Towers Scarefest late opening petition.

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Do you want Scarefest to stay open untill 9pm in the first week as well as the second?

Poll runs till Thu Mar 22, 2057 2:58 am

Yes the 9PM closing is the sole reason I go.
65%
I go for the Halloween attractions but I still love the 9PM opening.
25%
No, I would prefer the park to close at 7PM.
1%
I never want to use it anyway.
1%
I would prefer a compromize where the park closes at 8pm on all days.
7%

Total votes: 72
Count-Vonduel

Let's see how many answers we can get in 20 days time.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Fish777

I just go cos I like alton towers. The extra time is just an added bonus.
TheOutpatient

definitely should stay open till 11 pm (had to vote 9pm though).

I wonder what lead to a 7pm close, that makes me feel like crying.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
SuperWill

I think closing at 7PM doesn't sound right at all! So Alton Towers should listen to us enthusiasts for what we want! We want a 9PM closing for Scarefest, not a daylight (7PM) closing for Scarefest! 

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Lotty

Here Here!!! We've already booked our rooms for the 21st was planning on going in the park on the monday and the tuesday, This has just ruined it for me. We go so we can ride Nemesis, Oblivion & Th13teen in the dark and thats not going to happen in 1 hour of mid darkness! We go religiously every year and this is a big blow on our plans! 

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
PeteB

Scarefest did actually used to run until 11pm when the mazes were at the hotels. Ride close was at 9pm but at least there were still other things to do.

It was only in 2011 when they moved the mazes to the theme park that it got cut down to 9pm.  Nobody liked it, and they still don't. Now we're seeing cut backs to 7pm.  Funny that all Alton Towers seem to be able to do with their Halloween event is cut it down and hack it to bits, when throughout the rest of the country the Halloween market is absolutely booming with entire Scream Parks popping up all over the place year on year - all of which are open later than Alton Towers.

It's a result of the idiotic, pretentious, moronic, mentally retarded buffoons at Alton/Merlin that are running the show (you know who you are, reading this). Such a shame when creative talent at the park is among the best in the country.
Last edited by PeteB on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Double H

got my vote in. We have all paid the price to attend this event, especially those tht have paid a small fortune to stay at the hotels (which a week in disneyland paris is practically the same price by the way) and then they treat us by doing this. If its only dark for an hour and your only there for a day, you won't have much ride choice. Baring in mind it take a good 20-30 mins walk from forbidden Valley to the dark forest!
beanz32101

closing earlier has to be the stupidest idea they could have had.
i go every year to scarefest in the first midweek as its quieter, wouldnt go when kids are off.

if it stays as it is then me and around 20 friends who also come each year will not be coming at all.
it was awesome when the mazes were at the hotel and could do them as late as 11pm

i voted that 9pm reason is why we go, any earlier and we wont be going  :x
themealgang

7pm close is quite hard to hear. At night, Alton Towers is pure magic.

Personally, I loved the days when the whole place stayed open until 10pm. That's what the Scarefest should be about.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Themeparksandy1981

I guess that last year the first week of the event wasn't busy enough so they thought to cut the hours back. I wouldn't be suprized if Merlin cut it back next year to just Oct half term.
maliluph

I don't think that this has much to do with AT / Merlin, more the residents of Alton & Farley complaining about constant noise and traffic. Lets be honest, it's an awful road snaking its way through the village.

When I was a young 'un, I used to play football for Alton (just behind the village hall most of you pass on your way) and the noise from the park back then (early to mid 90's) carries more than you would think.
SuperWill

I have some good news guys! Alton Towers have decided to reverse the 7PM closing back to 9PM!

VICTORY AT LAST!

:D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
iBacon

Yep, I'm so happy and here is the conformation...

Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Themeparksandy1981

I think Merlin do this to see if guest demand is high enough to open to 9pm during the whole of scarefest. It worked last season as well with them stopping the 4pm closing time in Sept and having the sky ride open each day.