As an Alton Towers fanboy/fangirl, what comments hurt you the most

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Zach

Sam198 wrote: But Rita does suck? ;)

For me, anyone who answered "Yes" in this poll:

#Nemmyfanboyandproud
Would like to apologise but I can't Sam unfortunately although it has it's faults, The smiler is better, all down to personal preference of course ;)
AltonTowersLiam

Referring to the towers as a castle has already gone so I'll go for the ignorance of people concerning Hex. Not only do people talk during the pre-show video but I often hear how 'boring' it is...pleased to inform that it is a brilliantly themed dark ride actually!  :)

Credit to lewis97 for the signature and Danny for the avatar
George B

"Have you been on the new nemesis?"

" Yeah, it's set in hell"  :evil: (referring to N:ST)

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
GreatCatsby

"Smiler has laughing gas OMG shouldn't that be illegal???"

"Oblivion is the one with the freefall, isn't it?"

"Go to Thorpe Park it's better it has Swarm and the original Nemesis (Which spawned a terrible copy at Alton Towers and another, much worse copy also in Alton Towers that is just a lift and a tiny drop.)!"
GreatCatsby: Needs help implementing Sig-Pic into signature
Altontowersbarlow

Now that above post has annoyed me :x
Dr_emmett_brown

When people say... "oh yea dat ride Is like soooo unsafe, someone died on it so they had to remove a loop innit"
"oh yea I remember that innit so many people got killed"
Hmmmm sure.... *facepalm*
NemeJaney

When people say ''loop the loops'', especially when referring to any non-loop inversion. In fact, I think the worst I've ever heard is ''circles''. ](*,) :no:
Danny

Rita is the fastest ride in the park
lf2001

When people say other theme parks are better :(
tori_swift

When I went on Hex on a opening weekend of Scarefest, when a certain unwanted clientèle had turned up as usual, they were talking, shouting, running around and throwing things in every room. It hurt me that they could be so entirely disrespectful! :no:
stealthsmiler

I can't really blame people for thinking Rita is the fastest as AT do emphasis the speed, you would expect it to be the fastest.

What annoys me is when people at "the" in front of a rides name, I feel a desire to punch them in the face, correct them of the error and the personally drag them out of the park by their hair (I refrain of course and sometimes go with the simple "there's no the in the name"). Can't say it annoys me when people drop the "the" though as I have been guilty of doing that with the swarm.

It also really annoys me when people say "Thorpe park had nemesis first, alton towers just stole it".

When people stand outside a ride saying it's too scary them when at the other side of the park, they say they want to go on it.

And the other thing is when people say "nemesis is like 20, it's time they should get a better ride in its place" and then I reply with "no, no they shouldn't, it's 20 and still the best coaster in AT".
scw55

This is applicable to the vast majority of other things.

People who describe things as "bad" when they mean they "don't like it". (I'm not talking about morality. I'm talking about quality)
I wish humans would be able to seperate "Personal Enjoyment" and "Quality" of an experience. But I highly doubt that.

Just because you hated the Swans, doesn't neccerily mean that they were a bad ride. Those two aspects are independant.
You can hate a bad ride.
You can hate a good ride.
You can love a bad ride.
You can love a good ride.

What counts as a "good ride"? Probably a ride that doesn't cause you physical or emotional trauma. Other than that, the only thing you can state about the ride is if you enjoyed it or not.
-----------------------------------------------------
I personally am not bothered by people who comment on the safety of rides. In a way, some rides creates a threatening atmosphere, so you can excuse their minds running away and believing people have died. (Oblivion even states riders periodically die riding it (vanish from existance).

Probably doesn't help people in the queue who have been bullied to ride the ride and this talk about injury and death isn't helping them.
stealthsmiler

It annoys me when children are forced onto the big rides. I don't mean when people nag them and call them a chicken but when they are crying to get off. I remember queuing for air and there was this girl only just big enough to go on. Her mum forced her on and she was crying her eyes out, the staff came over to her and was reassuring her for 5 minutes it was alright. She just about stopped crying and the seats went up, and she started again. Then it set off. I felt so sorry for her. That annoys me a lot. Although I do pester people to ride because they don't know what there missing and often are letting there imagination monsters run wild, forcing someone on like that is cruel as I could see she was genuinely terrified. The staff should have let her off, even though her mum and said no. I'd never force someone on a ride when they're in a state like that
TsungUK

Thanks everyone, I now have a list of all the things that annoys you. I'm sure to quote them the next time I visit "Alton Park" or "Thorpe Towers" :D
KatangaZebra

1. When people put "the" in front of a ride's name that doesn't have "the" in it.

2. When people get rides mixed up.

3. When they get rides mixed up with Thorpe Park's rides.

4. When people say that the corkie memorial is a new ride.

5. When people say Thorpe is better than Alton
Popweasel267

This isn't completely related to Alton Towers, but when people say Chessington is for 'young children' or that 'you're not allowed to put your arms up on Stealth or they'll break'.
palaydion

I hate when people say that nemesis and swarm are the same because they are two different things!
Credit Lewis97

Coasterfellow

I hate it when i ask people coaster questions and they have no idea what im on about.
I asked my brother which inverted coaster he preffered, nemesis or Oziris? He replied;
Whats an inverted coaster????

^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
stealthsmiler

When people stand 'informing' people on how much they know about alton towers and they are wrong. That is what has been annoying me at the park at the moment.
NemesisRider

People who do not know who John Wardley is.

To those people, never talk to me.