As an Alton Towers fanboy/fangirl, what comments hurt you the most

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
LiamWhitehurst

Hearing or being told by people about deaths on rides that never happened. (Eg. Someone was decapitated on the black hole)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Morgan

I overheard a comment a while back, goes somewhat like this:
"Smiler flew off the rails, killed 5, that's why I was scared to ride Stealth".

Another time, I was sat at School, eating my lunch, with Creating my own Nemesis in front of me. A girl comes up to me and asks:
"Did he design Smiler? He should be SACKED."
Georgie

Morgan wrote:"Did he design Smiler? He should be SACKED."
"John! You're fired!"
"But I'm already retir-"
"I SAID YOU'RE FIRED!"
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
cianjs

wioeddeceedddddeeedeeddeedddddeedddeededdddededddeededeeqGThing64 wrote:
Morgan wrote:"Did he design Smiler? He should be SACKED."
"John! You're fired!"
"But I'm already retir-"
"I SAID YOU'RE FIRED!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liam.W

In the smiler queue the other week, my friend said this (bare in mind he said this with a ride host not to far away): "I hope I'm not sat at the front, I need my legs for everyday life!"

That out me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

My other friend also said: "when is the new ride, 'Air ambulance' opening?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

S.J_O'Grady

My nan keeps telling me rollercoasters are unsafe and I shouldn't go on them. Baring in mind she knows I'm obsessed with Alton Towers :-(
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Rita Fan

In a restaurant in town. I'm looking at The Smiler. Bear in mind this happened today.
"I saw that on the news this morning. I think they should close it down."
Absolutely disgusting. That's the last time I eat in that restaurant.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
DrKelman

I was at a wedding last weekend and got the chance to catch up with some relatives who i don't see very often. One of my relatives asked me if i still visit Alton Towers and of course i said yes, then came the unnecessary comment about The Smiler (probably because of the recent news about the ride stopping) At this point i had to walk away from the conversation which was a shame.
Nickolai

It annoyed me once when a teacher noticed that I was reading a book on Theme Park Design (Im sure you have heard of it) and asked me if I was interested in it. I said yes and she stood up and asked everyone "Gents is that normal?" Luckily everyone said yes :hug: but what she said hurt me inside and has put me right off of having her for her lesson. Oh wait, BREAKING NEWS, I have her for a lesson this year. :roll:

Also, because everyone in my class knows I love theme parks, they ask me whats new. I tell them and they either don't believe me, or say it's a bad idea. So yeah, if only there was a theme park enthusiast at my school... :-k
Formally Smiler313
Theo

"Nemesis is boring" .....Get out of my company right now.
nemefan08

When someone WANTS to leave before the day is over because we have done every coaster. You the. Do flats/dark rides and then reride, not go early!
Aidan Lowe

nemefan08 wrote:When someone WANTS to leave before the day is over because we have done every coaster. You the. Do flats/dark rides and then reride, not go early!
Before I got myself a Merlin pass I went with someone like that. He drove me there and we ended up leaving between 12-1 we did the majority of big rides and he wanted to leave early due to traffic concerns... #-o I was like "You got me up for this.."
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Stan.H

When people call the Alton Towers Waterpark, Splash Landings! It winds me up so, so much!
Rita Fan

Stan.H wrote:When people call the Alton Towers Waterpark, Splash Landings! It winds me up so, so much!
Sorry, I do that.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Stan.H

Rita Fan wrote:
Stan.H wrote:When people call the Alton Towers Waterpark, Splash Landings! It winds me up so, so much!
Sorry, I do that.
:no:
AltonOperator

The 'rollercoasters hurt people' stuff really gets to me and its not helped by all these top 10 dangerous rollercoaster videos that show moderately scary rides and say this is so dangerous I would never ride this and have the fake thumbnail of the loop with missing track. Really annoys me
Thanks Jack
Ismail

Anything about The Smiler Crash. I think 3 years on, it's so unnecessary and needs to be left behind now. Towers have learnt their lesson. It is just annoying hearing about it, whether it's in the news or people talking about it on park. Stop, please!