Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

so theres 3 mazes, a scare zone and roamers
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Pizzazz wrote: so theres 3 mazes, a scare zone and roamers
Yes, but there is still one attraction left to be announced, but there is clearly quite a good variety of attractions. Seeing as The Cabin In The Woods has the unconventional format of having multiple routes, and also My Bloody Valentine will feature some crawling...

(Image from Thorpe Park's Facebook)
Adz
Admin
Admin

The Cabin In The Woods will be inside the back of X. This maze will feature multiple routes and a certain level of interactivity.

Blair Witch Project is running from Canada Creek behind Burger King and Nemesis Inferno and will exit by Rumba Rapids. Construction seen so far implies there will be indoor scenes as well as extensive outdoor sections. This is no Zombies Scare Zone!

My Bloody Valentine will be in the arena and is essentially a rethemed Experiment10. The main trick of which is still in place and it has a few new nasties up its sleeve this year.

The Asylum will feature all new inmates for 2013 along with some subtle changes to the interior. Expect to see more of the Lionsgate back catalogue of film characters and many more!

You're Next will be, as suspected, parkwide roaming actors. They will also have a few technological tricks available as well.

Saw Alive is slightly refreshed with a few minor changes but won't be too different from last year.

Overall this year the event is making a huge leap forward and looks to be the most terrifying event in the country for scare attractions!
Last edited by Adz on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom

oh. so the asylum is back even though thorpe park havent actually announced it yet. you heard it here first
tharrison4815

Pizzazz wrote: oh. so the asylum is back even though thorpe park havent actually announced it yet. you heard it here first
Yeah it was pretty much known. I tweeted about this a few days ago that the 6th attraction would just be Asylum based on some image URLs I worked out:

http://t.co/BkHyBIxzoS

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by tharrison4815 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom

sorry. i was being sarcastic lol, but it isnt actually on there website yet
tharrison4815

Pizzazz wrote: sorry. i was being sarcastic lol, but it isnt actually on there website yet
Ah fair enough. It is strange, you'd think they would have announced SAW and Asylum first since they were obvious.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The announcement of the return of The Asylum, completes the 2013 Fright Night maze line up!
Enter a chaotic environment of noise, light and live action, as The Asylum opens its doors to new patients.

Watch your back as you encounter dead ends, hidden corners and eyes that watch you from the shadows.
Having never experienced the maze I'm making the assumption that the actual maze concept is new. By this I mean that there isn't a set route through the maze, and you could actually get lost inside...
Jamie

Less than two weeks until the start of Fright Nights now!
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Danny

Trying to persuade the family to go for fright nights on the 5th, as various people have pointed out the earlier you go the emptier. I have been before but haven't done any of the scare mazes. Could some one tell me either on here or DM what it really is like and the story of asylum please?
Jamie

danny.g97 wrote: Trying to persuade the family to go for fright nights on the 5th, as various people have pointed out the earlier you go the emptier. I have been before but haven't done any of the scare mazes. Could some one tell me either on here or DM what it really is like and the story of asylum please?
Firstly, the evening atmosphere during the park at Fright Nights is amazing.  The queuelines for the horror mazes are generally very atmospheric and tension building, making them more fun than they would be without the booming scary music.

The Asylum is basically supposed to be an insane asylum where the inmates have taken control and broken out.  As you go round the maze you see inmates with broken cells.
The maze as a whole is brilliant - it utilizes strobe lighting really well to a great effect.

I would very highly recommend Fright Nights, it's a brilliant event and I agree that the first weekends are generally quieter (with Sundays usually being quieter than Saturdays).
Hope this helps :)
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Danny

Yes that's a huge help thank you! Would anyone have a link to a review of asylum please?
Jamie

danny.g97 wrote: Yes that's a huge help thank you! Would anyone have a link to a review of asylum please?
If you click here http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/featur ... 2012.shtml you can see a review of it (and all the other mazes) from 2012.
That particular website has reviews of Fright Nights from every year and is an interesting read :)
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Danny

Thank you, when I visited earlier this year The Passing was still up so just assumed this would be returning for this year. After reading that review I'm gutted now that I won't be able to experience experiment 10! Sounded brilliant! Now I suppose none of us know really what to expect but I know these animal masked killers from your next are going to be wandering all over the park. I have a 10 year old sister who will do any roller coaster you give her but is a bit of a scaredy cat with things like that, understandably I supposes considering those films are a 15 but from previous experience, are there many actors walking round, like will you definitely see them?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

danny.g97 wrote: are there many actors walking round, like will you definitely see them?
Well with the complete revamp of FN this year, and with Lionsgate's input, I think it's going to be very hard to avoid the roaming actors. Lionsgate also work with Universal Studios for HHN, and  from what I've seen and heard about that event, whilst I doubt it will be quite to that level, simply entering the park will be like entering a scarezone...
Danny

Sorry to be annoying but last question!! What sort of prices are scare maze fast tracks? They had them last year but there's been no mention this year?

Just realised that Halloween horror nights at universal also have a cabin in the woods horror maze, if anyone has experienced that I would've thought they would be pretty alike
Last edited by Danny on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittlestarRed

Does anyone have any idea as to how busy the Passholder preview night on Friday the 4th is likely to be?

One of our group hasn't been to Thorpe in years (lives about a 7hr drive away) and we're hoping to get as much done as possible for their benefit!
My Kids wanna live in Cloud Cuckoo Land!...
Liam-AltonTowers

so say if I went to thorpe park fright nights on the sunday 6th october on the opening weekend it would generally be quiet?

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Jamie

danny.g97 wrote: Sorry to be annoying but last question!! What sort of prices are scare maze fast tracks? They had them last year but there's been no mention this year?
Scare maze fastrack costs £18 to fastrack all four, I'm not sure about individual ones.
A bit pricey, but that's good in my opinion as it means that less people will buy them, meaning that the main queue moves faster :)

I think it's worth mentioning that Thorpe Park's website has been updated with lots more information about Fright Nights.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Danny

Do they say they are offering fast tracks for mazes this year?
Last edited by Danny on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.