Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
DeadJack5

I'm pretty sure it was obvious this but for some concrete information, it does look like there are still more attractions to be announced!

I'm very much happy to see the amount of variety being given to us, the only thing that worries me is I do hope they have the appropriate amount of actors in each attraction. I hope they don't plan all these amazing attractions and they don't have the correct amount of actors to create that great scare attraction!
Swarm Chris

There is certainly some irony for a full reveal, to umm, not fully reveal everything... :lol

Whatever they are, they're important enough for logos to have been made for them. Maybe new food offerings? There was meant to have been a churro stand opening this year near the Angry Bird's arch, but that opened over summer without any churros for sale.
Justin

They did have a rib challenge at Bush BBQ one year, but I doubt that food offerings will be included. I do hope they have enough actors and that queues are not ridiculously long. Hopefully, the sheer number of attractions will disperse the crowds.
Dom

The line up is very interesting. My personal thoughts of the new attractions are as follows:

The Big Top Showtime - We've gone from stand out scare maze to what I can only assume will be a show followed by the clowns running about in the dome. Not sure how I feel about this as its such a drastic change but it might be one that pays off,

Vulcan Peak - I feel that this is Thorpe trying to do two things. I feel they are trying to find a use for IAC when its stood closed, and I also feel that this is them trying to do TP's version on The Welcoming. It feels like a copy. Also, hooded mazes I've never found good. Its by far the weakest part of The Welcoming so I worry it will have the same affect on this, but i'm very excited to see what they do with this. (This is assuming that this will be in the IAC building of course)

Horror at Amity High - Vampires aren't new, but I think out of all of them, this is one i'm most excited to see. Its nice that that side of the park is finally getting in on the FN action. 

Screamplexx - An excuse for a sit down and to watch some horror films. I think this may be the black sheep of the event and i think it could surprise people, but i'm not holding hope as they have tried this before with Saw Bites. Could work, might not.

The Walking Dead Do or Die - Sanctum but with a new face. Thats what I get from the description on the website. its an outdoors maze with a similar theme to Sanctum. Sorry, but not looking forward to that one. 

I do feel there is more still to be announced given the leafs are covering them. I'm hoping that one will explain the container marks on the old Big Top space that seem to have gone unannounced. Unless Vulcan Peak goes in containers :lol 

It also looks like this years event will be sponsored by Kiss
Eternalyz

I found this image on the Thorpe Park Website and was wondering which of the announced mazes it is for?
Justin

This would be for Saw Alive :)
Swarm Chris

Dom wrote:I do feel there is more still to be announced given the leafs are covering them. I'm hoping that one will explain the container marks on the old Big Top space that seem to have gone unannounced. Unless Vulcan Peak goes in containers :lol 

It also looks like this years event will be sponsored by Kiss
I feel there's a reasonable chance Do or Die will be moved into this section. A bunch of shipping containers have been moved there this week, plus it's close enough to the Walking Dead ride for some theming consistency. It would mean that the old Sanctum site is potentially empty.

Sponsorship?
Justin

Yeah, this year's event is sponsored by Kiss FM :)
Dom

Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook have posted a construction update. 
Swarm Chris

Great set of photos. Thorpe have been extremely busy the last few days.

Looks like a fair amount of work happening to the front of I'm a Celebrity.
Dom

What I find interesting is the tunnel leading into the woods that isn't Platform 15 related. I assume its Blair Witch, but why does it need a tunnel :lol
timmy1372

Really looking forward to this now but is anyone else thinking that Thorpe are leaving it awfully late to release the tickets for the Annual pass preview event? or even just to confirm the date?
Dom

timmy1372 wrote:Really looking forward to this now but is anyone else thinking that Thorpe are leaving it awfully late to release the tickets for the Annual pass preview event? or even just to confirm the date?
They may not have a annual pass event this year. I don't think they had one last year. Just the media event. But I could be wrong.
Swarm Chris

They had a passholder event last year, I believe on the Monday after the first weekend. There was an email back in March with passholder dates, with a Saturday listed as an event. So it's possible that there won't be a dedicated day this year.
Dom

Swarm Chris wrote:They had a passholder event last year, I believe on the Monday after the first weekend. There was an email back in March with passholder dates, with a Saturday listed as an event. So it's possible that there won't be a dedicated day this year.
Ah see now you mention that I can remember it because it was on such a random day :lol
timmy1372

Yes the email in March said it would be Saturday the 29th I think, but with only a couple of weeks to go it's not been confirmed yet! We went last year on the Monday, it was brilliant.
SNCoasters

Just noticed there seems to be some red markings right at the bottom of the Fright Nights background image on Thorpe's website. They weren't there before, so I assume they were added after the announcement. Any guesses?

Piggins

So reports from another forum state that the far right maze that is covered by leaves is actaully "Deadwood Creek" as someone who works there has over heard some of the actors discussing this and their job role. Presume this would be more of a scare zone than maze as the term "nowhere is safe" would then be more appropriate.
Justin

Deadwood Creek is an actual place. They also have a gold mine, so could that relate to the theme? It sounds like it could be an Old Town style too!
H8223R

On the site of Zombie Hunt perhaps?