Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Kirsty25 wrote: Isn't it Lionsgate who are also involved with HHN?
Yeah... This could really be a major step to a Halloween event of similar standard!
Kirsty25

lewis97 wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote: Isn't it Lionsgate who are also involved with HHN?
Yeah... This could really be a major step to a Halloween event of similar standard!
Might have to plan in a Thorpe trip to see their Fright Nights then too :D
Lee

I definitely intend on visiting this year. It's obvious that Thorpe have really stepped the game up this year. As Halloween scare attractions grow both in popularity and size across the country, Thorpe have really pulled their finger out this year to become the 'scare capital' of the country.

I'm a little frightened that this is really going to leave Towers behind the majority of UK scare attractions.
jamesc

One maze could fit in the old Pirates 4D building, sometimes I forget that it is just sitting there.

They may have to rip out the stage, screen and chairs in there anyway, as I have a funny feeling they are going to put something in there for the 2014 season anyway!

READ more on that possible 2014 attraction here: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/merlin-attractions/are-we-missing-something-thorpe-coaster/msg758243/#msg758243
Last edited by jamesc on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
kingbling11

Which day in the half term week is usually the quietest? I know it'll be rammed anyway, but want to minimise the damage. I'm guessing any day other than the weekend?
The Oblivious One

Usually the closer to Halloween, the busier it is, but I think the park notmally just reaches full capacity most days in the half term anyway?
Jamie

I am excited for Fright Nights this year, but I will miss the atmosphere (both in the maze and when queuing) that The Asylum had.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
beanz32101

hi everyone. ive only been to thorpe once and was wondering, now that the dates have been released for fright nights 2013 what date would you all recommend that will be quietest?

i see that every night that is fright night this year is either a friday or saturday or the bank holiday so when would be the best time to go for shorter queues based on your experiences.

thanks everyone
mike
TheBoyWithOneEye

Didnt fright nights close at 9? http://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-vis ... times.aspx. Looks like we have a 10pm closing time  :O
Jamie

beanz32101 wrote: hi everyone. ive only been to thorpe once and was wondering, now that the dates have been released for fright nights 2013 what date would you all recommend that will be quietest?

i see that every night that is fright night this year is either a friday or saturday or the bank holiday so when would be the best time to go for shorter queues based on your experiences.

thanks everyone
mike
Sundays are always the quieter day (aside from in the school holidays) so I would recommend going on a Sunday.
Also, the first weekend of Fright Nights always seems to be quieter than nearer Halloween itself (and with the event starting on the 5th October this year, that gives us longer!)
Hope this helps!  :)

Regarding the 10pm close, it is usually 10pm but last year it was 9pm (although they seemed to keep some rides/mazes open until 10 anyway).
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thorpe Park have updated their Fright Nights website, and will be revealing details on each maze over the next five days. Today further information on 'The Cabin In The Woods' maze was released and is as follows...
For the first time ever in the UK, Halloween fans will have to decide their own fate in a scare maze

With multiple routes to be taken in your hunt to escape to safety, The Cabin in the Woods will disorientate all those brave enough to face what lurks in the shadows.
This could be seen as a somewhat interactive concept, and seems like it would allow you to experience it multiple times without knowing what to expect.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Okay with yesterday's underwhelming announcement of Saw Alive, today further details have been released regarding the 'My Bloody Valentine' Maze, which by the sounds of it, will be where 'The Asylum' once was...
Face a claustrophobic and isolated journey into the depths of an abandoned mine in the My Bloody Valentine live action horror maze.

Enter the bloodied hospital ward where Harry Warden went on his gruesome rampage, face separation from your friends in the dark, then search for escape through the tunnels of the mine with the screams of his victims ringing in your ears. Will you reach freedom before the pickaxe wielding murderer catches up with you?
Dom

i think it sounds more like experiment 10
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Pizzazz wrote: i think it sounds more like experiment 10
You're right according to ScareTOUR :P
Kirsty25

Why did i ever mention I might want to go to these things o.O
Dom

there not as bad as you think. its all mind games
Owen

The Blair witch project is 'outdoor experience along the long forgotten paths right at the back of the park'. Could this possibly be where storm surge was suppose to be built, but the 'monks' were there first?

So, so far we've got 3 titles

1-Scare Maze (the cabin in the woods)
2-Live Action Horror Maze (saw&My bloody valentine)
3-Scare Zone (Blair Witch)

So, what I'm getting is that 1-is interactive more than actors ect, 2 is obviously actors, as we know with Saw:Alive, and 3 is a large outdoor experience

It's also being rumoured that The Asylum will be returning this year, because an image was supposedly 'leaked'...
Last edited by Owen on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom

i saw that blair witch had been revealed and got excited. this could actually be amazing. the blair witch project is such a legend of a horror film
Owen

The next 'All Over Park' attraction is, You're next

'All over park' meaning, nowhere is safe, the 'You're Next Mob' could get you anywhere!

(Credit to FN website for image)
Last edited by Owen on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

You're Next has been incorporated into the park through free-roaming actors by the sound of it...
Nowhere is safe at THORPE PARK this Fright Nights.

A mob of masked killers from the summer horror release You’re Next have been set loose upon the Park. On the hunt for fresh victims… they’re looking for you.