Nemmy's 20th Birthday

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
lucy2244

I'd like to see that damn skeleton moved from the rocks.
Danny

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
danny.g97 wrote: I'd like an Incredible Hulk lift hill! Like enclosed in a tunnel, you start climbing very slowly and you hear a doctors voice saying something like, it's near completion, it's starting to wake, prepare... For... Nemesis! Then the launch begins and and you hear the monster noises from sub terra for the rest of the tunnel. It's only a launch with a speed so the car could reach the top. Going over would give some great airtime and make it more obvious that nemesis is based on a monster.
Not to be rude but how more obvios do they have to make it with a giant alien creature sat smack back in the middle lol

Maybe a flamethrower positioned on the stall turn could be cool, so just as the train exits the zero g a "Phalanx Gun" fires regardless of the victims Nemesis holds, The Flame would be on central post and would give the effect of a close call as you swoop into the valley before the stall- Or maybe just return the old Camp up and the hill and add some more scenery around
Well when I first saw nemesis just from looking at it I was none the wiser that it was an monster, unless your from that era there not much that gives it away
TsungUK

Just replace restraints with lap bars.. Much more intense :)
Vladimir Bobinski

I'm not sure if I would wanted it repainted, I like how it's aged in some ways, the whole rustic look.  Certainly some of it could do with some TLC.  As a ride, I can't fault it.
TsungUK wrote: Just replace restraints with lap bars.. Much more intense :)
Interestingly Banshee (Kings Island) is having lap/wing-rider style seats.  First for an B&M Inverted.
Last edited by Vladimir Bobinski on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrReeve

TsungUK wrote: Just replace restraints with lap bars.. Much more intense :)
and its a world first :P
Image credit to Lewis97
Fishfingerish

lucy2244 wrote: I'd like to see that damn skeleton moved from the rocks.
What, Geoff?!

Nononononononono! Trust me, he is the highlight of the day for me and my friend...
Towers Times' resident Muser

Oh yes! Please check out my YouTube channel if it's not too painful:
www.youtube.com/user/hpvideosofficial
Wedjie

Cars and Station could definitely do with a bit of TLC.

Like the idea of a hulk style lift, but if you were launched rather than dropped of the end of the hill then the rest of the circuit would be very fast (leading to problems with comfort and probably noise).
Danny

Wedjie wrote: Cars and Station could definitely do with a bit of TLC.

Like the idea of a hulk style lift, but if you were launched rather than dropped of the end of the hill then the rest of the circuit would be very fast (leading to problems with comfort and probably noise).
This was my idea but I would make it so the launch is just enough to fly you over the top for some airtime, like one of those moments when you don't think it will make it over but it does :)
Jack

I just think now...just get new trains, repaint the station as it seems to be fading atm...then a night where only nemesis is open, have JW there and a better place on the map, that is all I ask
Owen

jackandylan123 wrote: I just think now...just get new trains, repaint the station as it seems to be fading atm...then a night where only nemesis is open, have JW there and a better place on the map, that is all I ask
The new B&M invert trains FTW! (The swarms restraint)
leammiles

I would love for there to be a small ad campaign, either on TV or just on park along these lines.

After being restrained for 20 years, the Nemesis monster has tried to escape once again.

This could then lead to new scenery being added/edited.

Now my photoshop skills are awful, so you will have to bear with me.

The loop could have a tentacle coming out of the cliff face coming through the center.

the Bus could be crushed by another tentacle.

There could also be an adventure park in one of the more spacious areas, which could be themed around another part of nemmy that has tunnelled out of the ground.
Whoguru5

I would love a Nemmy themed monorail can you imagine how cool it would look  8)

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
jamesc

Just one thing to say, refurbish it like it was new with new trains.

Make it like on opening day again.

Relive that moment in history, and rename and open the ride as, Nemesis: Reborn. :lol:
Last edited by jamesc on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Jamie

I would hope for some sort of special event - a birthday celebration where Nemesis and Nemesis Sub Terra (or if they are going all out, the whole of Forbidden Valley) are open until late (i.e. 11pm, same as the Big Dipper celebration at BPB) with a party atmosphere.
Also for the ride itself a general cleanup would be nice, including a major cleanup of the ride station exterior.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Stern John

Has it been confirmed anywhere that the park will be open for Nemmy's birthday on 19th March?
Tryst

I'd like to see some serious TLC spent on Nemesis during the winter. A lot of the theming needs repairing and painting, and FV could do with a general spruce anyway. If they change anything about the ride, I'd like to see the new B&M restraints. Other than that, I think the ride is more or less perfect.

As far as the birthday party goes, I expect that it will be a similar affair to the 10 year one.
tallicay2k

A wrote: Blood soaked birthday cake :D
The cakes a lie!
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Lee

There won't be any themeing adjustments IMO.

I would love some additional station PA though for the year.
'NEMESSISS - 20 years of fright time!' Etc
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

I think the tentacles could provide a good near-miss element and make it more intense. A fireworks celebration will probably happen. Personally, I think a video in the station of the Nemesis legend would be cool. A bit like The Lord of Darkness on Oblivion.

Best ride in the park. Long live Nemmy!!
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
Deejay

I think we can safely say that ATR won't be spending any money on it over the closed season unless they have to. The rot is a bit of a worry, I hope they aren't waiting until it is beyond repair ala chessie with Dragon Falls and Mine Train.

In regards to an event, we will definitely be doing something for our members to celebrate Nemmys 20th!