Nemmy's 20th Birthday

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
dazza4783

Would be interesting if they changed the trains for the new style (wing rider style restraints) as long as the vests don't tighten as you ride and become uncomfortable like on Swarm. Also, would love to ride it backwards, maybe they will turn it backwards for a while, It has already been done on Batman: The Ride so we know it can be done.
Evostance

Personally I don't think they should touch the track at all.  The only thing which won't happen would be to get rid of the concrete and use some faux rock instead.
Thorpe Towers 13

Honestly I would be utterly gob smacked if they missed this!!! Only things I could see happening are maybe some refurb's to return the beast back to its former glory, actors and even maybe some new stuff on (god help us) nemesis sub terra. Maybe some smoke affects? Fire? keep the vimto sorry blood flowing etc.
hands in the air and scream!
Vladimir Bobinski

dazza4783 wrote: Would be interesting if they changed the trains for the new style (wing rider style restraints) as long as the vests don't tighten as you ride and become uncomfortable like on Swarm. Also, would love to ride it backwards, maybe they will turn it backwards for a while, It has already been done on Batman: The Ride so we know it can be done.
Completely agreed on updating the trains, a much as I like the rustic look of the track, a new lick of paint wouldn't got a miss, sort out the blood river permanently, rescue some of older theming from the over growth, perhaps update the sound/audio tech in the station with subtle LED lighting, better control the mood, especially for times like fright fest.

The only thing about the ride experience that I wouldn't mind changing or improving are those awful friction brakes at the end.  Would be lovely if the initial speed could be killed with magnetic.
Jack

^I don't think I've ever seen a B&M with magnetic brakes, so wouldn't mind seeing how that would work :)

but the only thing I wow paint is the station, it's faded so much and needs some attention, I hope to god that AT remember to paint it this closed season
Fish777

They should clean out the blood pond under the loop, its got maps, shoes, hats, wallets etc in it.
Mark.aa

Clean up the ride and station .
but don't repaint the track that's part of the charm'
it fits in with the theme ( things don't get repainted post disaster ) 
Anybody moaned that the mushroom cloud tours bus is dirty and needs restoring?
The overgrown ivy adds to the abandoned theme too.
It adds to the added tension to riding it ,it looks old and worn,makes you doubt it's safe?

What would you want it to look like?
It would look like a American ride if you repaint it.
Repainting it beige again!
I think towers know this too and only repaint sections to preserve track metal not the whole track.
whats the point? Leave it as it is.in 5 years it would look the same and waste of money.
Oblivion needed a repaint as it screamed faded next to a newly painted smiller
It's the one ride that looks good dirty and mold stained.
Normally parks try to fake ageing with paint.
Indiana jones in Paris ride took 10 years to genuinely look weathered as they intended.
Last edited by Mark.aa on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awsomelycoolboy

jackandylan123 wrote: I am hoping fire jets on top of the station and on the night have the park open really late 8)
This is nemesis, not nemesis inferno, but great idea anyway!
[move]The Smiler is a correctional device, not a toy to be used for your own pleasure and entertainment[/move]
Jack

^just for the night, just to make it more spectacular (if thats possible) ;)
Vladimir Bobinski

jackandylan123 wrote: ^I don't think I've ever seen a B&M with magnetic brakes, so wouldn't mind seeing how that would work :)

but the only thing I wow paint is the station, it's faded so much and needs some attention, I hope to god that AT remember to paint it this closed season
They are not meant to stop the train but do a fantastic job of killing the majority of the speed and smoothly. Have you ridden The Swarm? They've been used on every Wing Rider and the more recent non-looping coasters. I haven't seen them used on an inverted train yet, Oziris stuck with standard Friction Brakes, but seeing Kings Island having the latest inverted with a new train design, it's likely that one of the improvements will be a redesign to accommodate the fins.  Currently there is only room for the contact surface for friction brakes along the spine of the train.
Last edited by Vladimir Bobinski on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glen191

It just needs a good once over on the paint front but don't change the ride itself, it's still the best coaster in the UK. I think they've got a lot of work to do to get The Smiler up to this class. The Smiler has had more major faults already than Nemmy's had in 20 years.
Last edited by glen191 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

I would hope for some sort of celebration for this to be honest.
The station could do with a clean too!
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Danny

Realistically I'd say a small touch up of the station, the age looks good. The car restraints, I don't want them to change to the new ones, but just a paint as the seat I was in the restraint was completely black where the grey paint had worn away. Other than that leave it as it is as it still looks great!
Last edited by Danny on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NemeJaney

Permanent changes: I don't think she needs too much repainting, because the ragged look adds to the theme. Perhaps there should be queueline TVs telling the story of Nemesis, so numbers of chavs saying ''OMG it's the dragon themed one, innit''(for example) decrease.
Anniversary celebrations: There certainly needs to be a staff-and-enthusiasts-only party somewhere appropriate in the park(the loop pit itself?), with John Wardley etc, both on the day and for the entirity of the two neighbouring weekends. For this, there needs to be a themed cake and the blood from the pit served as drinks. There should be at least a tiny bit on the news about it and perhaps there should even be a film of the Nemesis story shown cinema-style in the Forbidden Valley.  :D
Meanwhile, I'll be celebrating on the day at school, and nobody will know why until I tell them.  \:D/
tallicay2k

Therideman11 wrote: They should clean out the blood pond under the loop, its got maps, shoes, hats, wallets etc in it.
I disagree, love seeing what's new down there everytime I go.
Besides, nemmy might have a fond taste for park maps and shoes. :)
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
KoasterKraver

They could add a blood waterfall over the track, so when the trains go under, they get soaked in nemmys blood! Plus at the speeds nemmys goes they won't feel the blood, they will just see it. It probably won't happen, but you never know.
Lee

KoasterKraver wrote: They could add a blood waterfall over the track, so when the trains go under, they get soaked in nemmys blood! Plus at the speeds nemmys goes they won't feel the blood, they will just see it. It probably won't happen, but you never know.
And ruin peoples clothes? Can't see that being a popular idea with the resort management or guests.
Fish777

Lee wrote:
KoasterKraver wrote: They could add a blood waterfall over the track, so when the trains go under, they get soaked in nemmys blood! Plus at the speeds nemmys goes they won't feel the blood, they will just see it. It probably won't happen, but you never know.
And ruin peoples clothes? Can't see that being a popular idea with the resort management or guests.
Could have it so it turned off right before the train went under... But if it failed to turn off there would be a problem...
Last edited by Fish777 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollercoasterGEEK100

jackandylan123 wrote: ^I don't think I've ever seen a B&M with magnetic brakes, so wouldn't mind seeing how that would work :)

B&M's use magnetic brakes now since about 2007!? The Swarm uses magnetic brakes...
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider
Jack

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:

B&M's use magnetic brakes now since about 2007!? The Swarm uses magnetic brakes...
Sorry for being incredibly stupid, I'm very much an idiot :lol: forgot about all wing coasters. Krake, and all new B&M's :lol:
Last edited by Jack on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.