Nemmy's 20th Birthday

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Danny

As crazy as the waterfall idea is, it is so unrealistic!! Also it could ruin the track that goes under it by making it rusty. I know that's what Nemesis is meant to look like but could be potentially dangerous.

I wouldn't mind seeing the turn around before the loop made into a tunnel with special effects maybe. Expensive but would be so cool!

But let's be honest I don't think they will do anything to the ride itself. Maybe have a party in celebration and return the name back to the old style but that's about it. Pretty depressing, but that's Merlin…
Last edited by Danny on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

I would love them to upgrade the ride station as I never understand what the theme is supported to be inside. They should also have the staff wearing the same clothing as sub terra staff. The Monster needs work doing to it but the ride it is doesn't need any major work doing to it.

Love live the King
DeanGaryCox

I think the ride should be given a bit more than general maintenance, by removing the extended queuline by the station that is never used due to fast track, or add more growth to make it actually look overgrown which would fit into the theme better. I think the pit needs cleaning a bit in terms of rubbish and debris in it, and my main moan about Nemesis has to be it's station and the break run. It looks like a warehouse inside, as well as the maintenance shed which could have had rock fascia added down the side to stop it from looking out of place

The whole idea of the themeing around the station is that the nemesis creature is in / on top of the station (and the the ride is how the creature is tamed / locked down), so the fact it just looks like a warehouse is a bit naff. I would like to see some effort put into the station, as well as a new speaker system as the current one is rubbish, and they don't even play the Nemesis theme tune, or not loud enough to hear it (unlike Nemesis Inferno which the loud theme playing creates the mood so well!)
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
Mark.aa

Just been looking through old park maps and I think I rode nemisis the first or second year it as there was still beastie and thunder looper.
Looked in my loft and found a original set of nemisis playing cards,had a mug too but broke that :cry:
how would I post photo with a iphone? :roll:
lf2001

I would like to see something to celebrate! But all they'll probably do is do maintenance work on it, and that'll probably be it I think  :|
tallicay2k

lf2001 wrote: I would like to see something to celebrate! But all they'll probably do is do maintenance work on it, and that'll probably be it I think  :|
Tbh that's all I'd like to see. Bit of paint here n there, maintenance on the trains and keep the red of the water/waterfall.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
KoasterKraver

I could see a water fountain placed into the Nemesis pit? It would be great, red water shooting from the unknown!!!
Last edited by KoasterKraver on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

Mark.aa wrote: how would I post photo with a iphone? :roll:
Using safari, you can usually upload it to an image sharing website (it may ask for permission to use your photos, just let it)
Then use the link and put it into your post surrounded by . It helps to preview your post before submitting so to know whether you've done it correctly.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
SamTP

Would be nice to see them cut the bushes around the area to make it look like what it did in 1994! Also make the blood more red! Like this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATgO0ZIl1-Y
Last edited by SamTP on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeanGaryCox

so as for Nemesis' 20th birthday... alton towers have pretty much just confirmed nothing will be happening this year - but planning on celebrating her 21st birthday next year!

from facebook...

'I hope you guys plan on giving Nemesis some sort of special 20th birthday sometime this season. After all it's not everyday a roller coaster reaches that age, especially one by B&M.'

'As for Nemesis - we're planning to celebrate it's 21st Birthday next year in style!'

I think either they were planning to celebrate her 21st all along and ignore the 20th... or the time and budget is being spent fixing up the smiler for this season, and conveniently 21st birthday is a big one for humans - the later one seems more appropriate to me.
Image 2014
Zach

DeanGaryCox wrote: so as for Nemesis' 20th birthday... alton towers have pretty much just confirmed nothing will be happening this year - but planning on celebrating her 21st birthday next year!

from facebook...

'I hope you guys plan on giving Nemesis some sort of special 20th birthday sometime this season. After all it's not everyday a roller coaster reaches that age, especially one by B&M.'

'As for Nemesis - we're planning to celebrate it's 21st Birthday next year in style!'

I think either they were planning to celebrate her 21st all along and ignore the 20th... or the time and budget is being spent fixing up the smiler for this season, and conveniently 21st birthday is a big one for humans - the later one seems more appropriate to me.
Just to clarify to anyone wondering this was stated as a comment in there RMT trivia question not as an actual post :P but yes dean this does seem very odd as I was under the impression they had plans for her 20th, well I'll be celebrating her 20th along with anyone else attending on 22nd (opening day) then I guess we'll have to wait & see what the resort has planned for her 21st because as they say it'll be in style so it could be anything! maybe a weekend break/party sort of thing ? who knows
DeanGaryCox

i've probably posted something similar a while ago in this post, not sure though.

I would like to see a lot of effort being put into nemesis...

I feel the extended queueline before entering the station, which is now never used, just looks out of place, so should either be removed (as it's never going to be used again due to fast track), or add a lot more growth to it to make it look overgrown, to make it fit in with the theme.

I don't even think I know what the Nemesis theme tune sound like, don't ever recall it being played in the outside queueline, and being far too quiet in the station (that's what I loved about nemesis inferno in 2013, the great tune playing full blast), so would like to see it played outside or speakers added if there isn't any, and for the inside of the station to have the theme tune playing louder, without that rubbish quality shouting voices saying like nemesis, the worlds most intense ride experience (they could redo these, but as they're probably back from when it opened, the sound quality of the sound bites are awful).

The themeing on Nemesis is actually great, but could do with a little tidy up and refurb here and there... my main hate about nemesis is about the inside of the station, and the outside of the maintenance shed by the break run, with all the great themeing on the outside of the station, you go inside guessing expecting to be inside/underneath the creature, and all you get is a warehouse with some light fittings which doesn't even have lights in any more, and the corrugated outside on the maintenance shed, could at least do with some rock facade or some ivy covering it etc.

Fortunately due to theme of the ride, the paint on the track fits in perfectly and doesn't need a repaint... as long as if they keep the restraints nice every year.
Image 2014
Themeparksandy1981

A bit off topic but it's also Enterprise and the twirling toadstools 30th birthday this year and Spinball 10th birthday.
Inferno Attractions

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: A bit off topic but it's also Enterprise and the twirling toadstools 30th birthday this year and Spinball 10th birthday.
but they aren't quite as popular and significant as Nemmy's Birthday
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
BenBowser

I'm not surprised at all that this is happening, towers did nothing for Corkscrew in 2000 for it's 20th but they held and event in 2001. Same with Vampire at chessington. I think that merlin seem to find it more significant, for some reason.
SamTP

I want the vegetation to be cut back like this -
Inferno Attractions

SamTP wrote: I want the vegetation to be cut back like this -
to be honest I actually like it sort of hidden away in the bushes, it makes it more Mysterious

but back then the blood looked more like blood though
Last edited by Inferno Attractions on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
NemeJaney

Inferno Attractions wrote:
SamTP wrote: I want the vegetation to be cut back like this -
to be honest I actually like it sort of hidden away in the bushes, it makes it more Mysterious
I'd have to agree with both of you. I like the raw, unsettling look it had to start with, but I also think the green adds a more mysterious look, especially when the train and track whizz in and out of it. In my opinion, I think they should have bushes and things around the higher parts and less of it in the lower areas, so that it creates a sense of unnatural forces underground(?) or something.
Rollermad

BenBowser wrote: I'm not surprised at all that this is happening, towers did nothing for Corkscrew in 2000 for it's 20th but they held and event in 2001. Same with Vampire at chessington. I think that merlin seem to find it more significant, for some reason.
Stole my words ;) If they got Nemesis Nosh back I will be happy :D
Vladimir Bobinski

This is going to be a controversial one.  I for one certainly don't want to see any changes to Nemesis, but if there is ever one complaint I hear about it, it's those that can't deal with not banging their head, with the new record B&M Invert "Banshee", opening, question is, is it time to treat the old girl to new trains.....in the original black and white of course.

(Credit to coasterforce)