Nemmy's 20th Birthday

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Ripsaw Raver

I Have to admit here, I'm not sure if the new trains would suit her. Afterall isn't the train supposed to be the feeding system? I just think back to the Nemesis Advert when those 2 tentacles push down the restraints. If Nemesis was to have these then I really think it would have to look really organic and the big handles would have to look like muscle or somthing
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
TomL

I disagree Vlad... After riding her several times yesterday, I encountered no headbashing. The further you go back, the more force and slight roughness you are subjected too however she is smooth but still forcefull (which is a good thing)! The new trains wouldn't suit her. In my mind the current trains are iconic and sort of make Nemesis, if you get me...
Last edited by TomL on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vladimir Bobinski

Tom, just to reiterate what I said.

"I for one certainly don't want to see any changes to Nemesis, but if there is ever one complaint I hear about it"

I for one don't think it's too rough at all, the fact it's still picking up pace right up to the brake run makes it still fun to this day, but it can certainly throw you around on the back row.

I'm just throwing it out there, I'm curious as to what sort of changes if any people are willing to see or not see.  The ride is going to be around for a long time, somethings will inevitably renewing at some point, question is do you stick with the status quo.  I agree with your point on the iconic look of the trains.
stealthsmiler

I understand what everyones saying about the old style, but Last few times i went on her i thought ahh corkscrew!!! quite headbangy. I think styled right, these new ones would look good as you look like your trapped more due to the soft padding bit (and its more comfy).

Then again they could get new restraints in the old style but have extra padding next to the head to cushion the blow.
awsomelycoolboy

Simple fix. Create new trains same style, more padding, but have the restraints that The Smiler has, simple but I have no idea what all this fuss is about! Last time I went in it I experienced no headbaningness although... Last time I went to Thorpe Park when I went on Nemesis Inferno, my head was bouncing all over the place, this never used to happen before!