Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
TenZero

If B&M and another company would build a launched flyer, it would be amazing! I think Thorpe could easily pull of one of those and its pretty unique.
Thomas

I dunno if i like the sound of launched flyer, also for Thorpe it would be too samey to Stealth, as for Hulk ideas, that would be brill something different to anything in any Tussuad's park & would look amazing on Thorpe's line up of rides

Thomas
Anonymous

I think the problem is thorpe and alton have almost the same rides now. And thorpe will want to be very different from alton. So i think a flyer but only make them more similar and 1 of the less popular. If tussards are clever they will know that they need to have difference in the two park but offer as good rides. Thorpe are more likely to have something that alton dont so they stand out.
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""Thomas""]as for Hulk ideas, that would be brill something different to anything in any Tussuad's park & would look amazing on Thorpe's line up of rides

Thomas
[/quote]

Wouldn't it just. The Hulk is very photographic and just looks amazing from the lake at IOA. Considering Thorpe are doing this whole lake islands thing. Imagine looking a huge cobra roll before entering the park, how good would that be?! :D

I can really see something like this happening to be honest. I hope aswell.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
iriderides101

I think the idea of the height limit if they pushed they could get another coaster +150ft mark meaning there would be room for a 4th demension. If the plans for a s&s 4th went ahead it would be completly differnent to a flyer or floorless and would give the park more individuality instead of copying At with the same rides. Thorpe park could have some serious potential with a new coaster somethin different something that not may parks have and that ride is a 4th dimension
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""iriderides101""]I think the idea of the height limit if they pushed they could get another coaster +150ft mark meaning there would be room for a 4th demension. [/quote]

I doubt they'd even consider even getting something of over 150' as Stealth was 100ft over the limit which the public wernt too happy about but accepted it.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Thomas

If I'm honest i dont think i like the idea of a 4D coaster, they look ugly & look painful, maybe I'm wrong on the painful bit but still they look ugly, massive mounts of steal & the trains look just as bad!, also they seem to be massive & coasters (well IMO) look better more compact & blend a bit into the nature, very much like Air, Nemy & Colossus. As i said i think a Hulk ride would be cool, even if on a slightly more smaller scale I'm sure it could pack a punch

Thomas
Ketchup

A Hulk style B&M won't happen.

1. B&M don't do launches. Universal added the launch themselves or either withthe help of another company (Premier?)

2. Why invest more money into a launch/inverting coaster which will help make Stealth and Colossus look obsolete. In the GP's eyes both coasters will appear almost identical.

3. With Thorpe's insane downtime issues they will want a proven reliable ride, and after there reliability issues with Steath, another launch coaster within the next 5 years seems unlikely.

Seriously it won't happen.
AstroDan

[quote=""Thomas""]If I'm honest i dont think i like the idea of a 4D coaster, they look ugly & look painful, maybe I'm wrong on the painful bit but still they look ugly, massive mounts of steal & the trains look just as bad!, also they seem to be massive & coasters (well IMO) look better more compact & blend a bit into the nature, very much like Air, Nemy & Colossus. As i said i think a Hulk ride would be cool, even if on a slightly more smaller scale I'm sure it could pack a punch

Thomas
[/quote]

Agreed. The ride may be good (don't know, but sounds it), but they are truly hideous to look at! People may slag off the likes of Air, but it is one beautiful looking thing. So graceful and stuff (god what do I sound like). Be really good if Thorpe got a 'beautiful' B&M!
Thomas

[quote=""KI-netic""]A Hulk style B&M won't happen.

1. B&M don't do launches. Universal added the launch themselves or either withthe help of another company (Premier?)

2. Why invest more money into a launch/inverting coaster which will help make Stealth and Colossus look obsolete. In the GP's eyes both coasters will appear almost identical.

3. With Thorpe's insane downtime issues they will want a proven reliable ride, and after there reliability issues with Steath, another launch coaster within the next 5 years seems unlikely.

Seriously it won't happen.[/quote]

It doesn't have to be a launched, it can be a normal lift hill, i was referring it to its layout, also if they really wanted to do a launched they could, if Universal did then why cant Thorpe?

Also B&Ms don't tend to have as way much downtime as say Intamin (or whoever manufacturers launched coasters like stealth)

Thomas
Last edited by Thomas on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""KI-netic""]A Hulk style B&M won't happen.

Who said anything about a launch? I was merely using the Hulk as en example.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Ketchup

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""][quote=""KI-netic""]A Hulk style B&M won't happen.

Who said anything about a launch? I was merely using the Hulk as en example.[/quote]

Without the launch it's just a less rough version of Colossus, a traditional sit down looper. An identical looking coaster to Colossus won't draw in the guests like a unique coaster to the region (B&M Flyer/Floorless/Hyper) would, and would therefore not be a worthy investment.
Thomas

[quote=""KI-netic""][quote=""Danzaw*nk""][quote=""KI-netic""]A Hulk style B&M won't happen.

Who said anything about a launch? I was merely using the Hulk as en example.[/quote]

Without the launch it's just a less rough version of Colossus, a traditional sit down looper. An identical looking coaster to Colossus won't draw in the guests like a unique coaster to the region (B&M Flyer/Floorless/Hyper) would, and would th
erefore not be a worthy investment.[/quote]

No one was saying they would get it just merely discussing what would look good & be good, also if your saying that colossus has nearly every inversion going so any coaster that went up side down in your case would be too same to colossus

Thomas
Ketchup

No one was saying they would get it just merely discussing what would look good & be good,
Yes, and i'm saying it won't happen, it's called speculation and i'm just giving my own viewpoint which probably from a business sense is probably correct. A forum like this would be a dull place if everyone agreed.
also if your saying that colossus has nearly every inversion going so any coaster that went up side down in your case would be too same to colossus
No it doesn't have every inversion it lacks an upside down top hat, zero g roll, sea serpent roll and batwing but in the GP's view it all just looks like twisted track.
so any coaster that went up side down in your case would be too same to colossus
Put it this way, from the GP's eyes.
You sit down on Colossus in a typical steating position, you sit down on a B&M Sit Down in a typical steating position.

You traverse inversions on Colossus, You traverse inversions on a B&M Sit Down.

Not lets compare this to a B&M flyer.

You sit down on Colossus in a typical steating position, you lie down suspended below the track on a B&M Flyer.

You traverse inversions on Colossus, You feel the sensation of flight on a B&M Flyer.

and also the B&M Invert.

You sit down on Colossus in a typical steating position, you sit down suspended below the track on a B&M Invert.

Now there are similarities in the traversing inversions part but to be fair, I think even a moron could tell the difference between an Invert and Colossus.

No, all inverting coasters aren't the same but Intamin and B&M's equivalent on the traditional looper are near as damnit identical in appearence, and therefore wouldn't attract the GP to Thorpe, and therefore wouldn't be a wise investment. When on the other hand you could create a ride such as a flyer for a similar price and it attracts people into the park as it is unique to that region. A ride like that would be a much better investment.
iriderides101

Well although the 4th deminsion does look ugly it would be an experience to which the general public (welll the majority) would of not experienced and it due to one being in japan and one in america. I think the downtime issues with them has been resolved. I think any sitdown coaster floorless or not would be a waste of time due to its too much like colosuss. A flyer is not indidvidual at all.
Dr Pop Rocket

After having a look over some of the MTDP I could not help but think that the 2009 Coaster could be a Mine Train....

It does not seem the type of ride you would expect to see Thorpe build but I honestly believe it's something they should strongly consider. The actual ride would bring something new to the park, they do not have to have it like a family mine train, they could have a more thrill orientated mine train to appeal to the target audience (Teenagers).

The theme would fit in well with Canada Creek and it's surroundings, and in the MTDP they stated this would be a coaster with no inversions (As people have said Thorpe do not always stick to there plans so it could be wrong but it's something worth thinking about).

A more thrill orientated Mine Train would be awesome, some good points of airtime and some good points of strong positive G's would be fine by me. Plus it would give some good theming possibilities.
Ash

Dr Pop stealing my idea :D!
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Titler""]Dr Pop stealing my idea :D![/quote]

Sorry I did not see the earlier posts, My Bad! :P
Kaz

Infilling has started for the 09 coaster - click
It is marked as area H on the MTDP - click
Thomas

Jeez its going to take a hell of a long time with one digger

Thomas