Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ash

It wont be a a woodie, it would be built on the wrong ground. I think it can be ruled out. Also its not Thorpes style.
Danzaw*nk

To be honest, I think a 4D would be a fantastic move. Thorpe have the budget and I think it would be a great step to the UK's coaster industry :D.

The LOADS of supports it needs would indeed look ugly but if it's behind all the trees with loggers leap then nobody would really notice.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Ash

Im not too sure if the ground can support that kind of coaster? Although it has been rumored so perhaps it can :D

I wondered does anyone have plans on where exactly thorpe will be expanding in the future? Ive looked at the hotel plans recently and they are superb. The views will be great from there. Very Disney-esque with hotels around a lake.
Anonymous

More chance being a B&M then anything else.
Ash

B&M dont even have a prototype though do they?

There have been lots of rumors about this B&M 4D but ive seen nothing concrete!
Anonymous

They have 2 4D coasters going in this year around the world. 1 at
Linnanmäki and one Terra Mítica according to RCDB. The chances of it being one are very small. remember this plan for a coaster has been going on for many years. Way way back. i spoke to some thorpe staff when they came to alton in may. They said they didnt think it was a 4D. But something new. B&M havent doing anything new now for many years. So i think they have been working on something with thorpe.
Danzaw*nk

I sense something special :D.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Ash

Those 4D coasters are Intamin?

I hope it is something different. Id love to see a stand up inverter :D Im sure it could be done.

However what other ways can you have a coaster?!
Anonymous

Theres about 3 different types lol. X is arrow, The two new ones are iIntamin and Eejanaika is S&S power lol.

Sorry my mistake.
Nick

X and Eejanaika are the same design, just S&S took over Arrow after X was built, so technically they are the same type.
Ash

So theres no information on a BnM 4D or new type of ride anywhere?
Anonymous

Not that we know of. But how long did it take to find out about air. We didnt know until plans where released and a model. So maybe there is. who knows. I think what we can expect is something new and different.
Thorpes changing very fast. And with the investment of the islands they wouldnt do it unless there was a great idea behind it
Ash

Sad thing is though. Thorpe isnt Alton. And Thorpe has been getting most of the investment recently not us.
Anonymous

sadly :( :( . I dont think that the roper case and the RMT *cough* has helped alton at all. Then there is the muslim fun day which failed and now there not wanting fireworks. Thorpe just seems to have something we dont. And at the moment its the investment.
John

I think its just down to lazyness, as AT is so hard to get planning for we don't get as much investment as thorpe, where pretty much anything seems to be allowed (they have a max building height of about 100ft ish IIRC but that didn't get in the way of stealth much).

Back to the coaster, I believe there is a possible layout floating around somewhere on the medium term development plan. I only saw it once, but it didn't look like a mega coaster as it was fairly compact. I don't remember any obvious signs of inversions (loops and corkscrews are fairly easy to spot on plans), so it could be a air style flier, but its still far to early to say.

On a related note, does anyone know where a high-res copy of the MTDP can be found showing the proposed layout of the coaster?
Dr Pop Rocket

The plan on the MTDP is not the final plan, it was Air's layout and they placed it there as an example to show the sort of size of what the ride would be, this is what sparked off the B&M Flyer rumours.

It's not the final plan, so dont worry it's not going to be an Air clone. :P I also highly doubt it will be a flyer. :)
Last edited by Dr Pop Rocket on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Surely Thorpe will hit a time when they cant keep expanding at the rate they are now, one space & two they will have to start removing rides for new ones which in some cases isn't good, also i thought Thorpe this year had been hitting maximum capacity so with more development comes more people so where everyone going to go?

Thomas
Ash

I thought they were expanding onto the lakes etc?

Where can one view the MTDP?
Anonymous

There filling thr lakes in. They have already started to do it. If you look in the side where stealth is theres sand at the edges, Which is being increased. Then the islands will be created. Then there areas created will have bridges and stuff to them in which will be rides. But most probs the coasters will be based over the water.
Thomas

But i thought filling the lakes flooded another part of the park, the farm or something so your loosing space to create space?!?!

Thomas