Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Con

[Edit - This discussion was initially centred around the type of coaster Thorpe Park would choose for 2009.  In November 2007, the planning application for a Eurofighter was released online.  Discussion about the application and this coaster begins on page 41.

Click here to go directly to the beginning of that point in the discussion.]

I forgot to add for those who were unable to find TempTTF A picture appeared on south parks about some trees being tagged around logger's leap. See I'm not a liar

Also I'm so clever i remembered that these trees were also tagged a few years ago but have only been tagged again recently.  :D

Could this be for the new coaster?
Last edited by Con on Thu May 17, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Con""]
Also I'm so clever i remembered that these trees were also tagged a few years ago but have only been tagged again recently. :D

[/quote]

No you didn't! Adz was the one that told you that they were tagged a few years back. Don't lie Con.

As for the 2009 coaster, I'm hoping they put a bit of effort into it rather than just pick an off the shelf design like Colossus and Stealth (I'm not saying that the rides are bad, but I feel they did not put as much effort into those two rides as compared to Nemesis Inferno). I'm sure they will put a bit more effort into it this time around with it being there anniversary year, so they will obviously want something special to mark it. But we will have to wait and see.
Con

[quote=""Dr Pop Rocket""][quote=""Con""]
Also I'm so clever i remembered that these trees were also tagged a few years ago but have only been tagged again recently. :D

[/quote]

No you didn't! Adz was the one that told you that they were tagged a few years back. Don't lie Con. [/quote]

:( I thought no one would notice. Anyway I didn't know that it was their anniversary year. How many years will it be?

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
Wes

Concidering how close they are to the water ride (i.e. right next to it) chances are, they are doing general tree clearance, be it due to the fact they are too close to parts of a ride and may cause damage if they were to fall down, or just their age.

But, that might just be me looking into it too much, could just be slamming a ride there :P

Would go thinking that just yet though.

:D
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Con""]

Anyway I didn't know that it was their anniversary year. How many years will it be?[/quote]

Not sure, I believe it would be there 25th or 20th anniversary. That was the reason why this coaster was put back to 2009 from 2008 so it would open on there anniversary. Well thats the supposed reason anyway.
Ram737

The park was initially built in 79', so its going be the 30th Anniversary.

Yeah really hope they put alot of effort into this one, just something that really stands out in terms of theming.

They also have the Hotel planned to open that year, so they are hoping to make an impact on that with a superb ride im guessing.
HAJiME

I've given up caring about themeing. The 2009 coaster will be exacly the same as the trinity before it - average.

Tussauds took over Thorpe and started making a difference too late. They are in their lazy days now.

I'm personally hoping for a B&M mega. I don't want a flyer. A Floorless would be okay. Whatever it is, i hope it's somthing the UK ain't already got. A B&M floorless seems unlikley, because then it would just be like a forceless Colossus... And why woudl Thorpe want that? Mind you, this is Tussauds - nothing make sense.

Fact is it won't be a mega, i think it's unlikley to be a B&M at all - Intamin have given Thorpe both their signature coasters, Inferno means little to the public.

So, if it's a B&M - it will be a flyer i suspect. Hateful. Eugh. They will do exacly what they did with Inferno - try and build a coaster on the sucess of an Alton ride. Which probably means a more intense, but lacking in consideration and badly designed Air. Inferno is, afterall, a more intense but lacking in consideration and design Nemesis.

Intamin mega? Unlikely. But i can dream. No, wait... if Thorpe did get a mega that would call for more bashing from American enthusiaasts.

Lets face it, Thorpe can't win enthusiast's hearts. Not now.
TenZero

I'd quite like a flyer to be honest, although some people will complain about them 'copying' Alton, at the end of the day they are run by the same company and a flyer down south aswell as up at Alton wouldnt do much harm. Im a bit sceptical about the themeing though.
Ram737

Yeah im hoping that they get something that we dont have here either, but as you say prob will be a flyer.

IMO i think Thorpe has just grown to fast for there own good, I thought Colossus was a great addition as it put them on the map, i think they really could of done leaving a new coaster (inferno) until at least 2004/5 and then say stealth came in 2007.

During the years just put some real effort like they did on Tidal Wave on theming into the thrill rides they installed, instead of just wooden fences and trees.
Lauren

Imo Thorpe, is probably taking alton towers no 1 spot.
With stealth ONLY released this year. And another coaster supposidly on its way , could this mean thorpe getting rid of one of its current coasters?
TenZero

Thorpe will never get rid of any of their current coasters except possibly X: but the pyramid will be kept probably. The new coaster is planned to be in Canada Creek, I think, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Ram737

Yeah think your right there Matt, Canada Creek hasn't really had anything added to in in some time, apart from Slammer but you cant really tell what area thats in.

Hopefully if they pull the 2009 coaster of and Hotel, Thorpe will be pulling in the guests.
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""Ram737""]Thorpe will be pulling in the guests.[/quote]

They already have. In 2006 they pulled in an amount of guests WAY over their target.

The 2009 coaster will be something special I reckon, and hope. I'm not worried about theming that tussauds wont do a good job as Thorpe tend to be excellent with theming :).

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
TenZero

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""][quote=""Ram737""]Thorpe will be pulling in the guests.[/quote]

They already have. In 2006 they pulled in an amount of guests WAY over their target.

The 2009 coaster will be something special I reckon, and hope. I'm not worried about theming that tussauds wont do a good job as Thorpe tend to be excellent with theming :).

Dan
[/quote]

You class Stealth's themeing as excellent? Inferno's themeing is falling apart, Colossus has very little themeing and Amity Cove & Tidal Waves themeing is either not used or isnt there! (or poorly sponsered)
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""Matt_""][quote=""Danzaw*nk""][quote=""Ram737""]Thorpe will be pulling in the guests.[/quote]

Dan
[/quote]

You class Stealth's themeing as excellent? Inferno's themeing is falling apart, Colossus has very little themeing and Amity Cove & Tidal Waves themeing is either not used or isnt there! (or poorly sponsered)[/quote]

Stealth's theming does the job but they have the atmosphere around there. I just love the atmosphere around there! And I genually think the area looks brilliant. Inferno? It is brilliantly theme. If it's falling apart then that's some closed season job. The atmosphere around there is excellent. If they fix the lights in the tunnel they'll be better. I wasn't very clear, the ride seems very theme because it is very terrained, like Colossus. You both come very close to the ground on those which makes the ride excellent. Right side on Inferno shows you how close you come to the ground after the twist. :).

I think Thorpe will produce comething better :D.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
TenZero

The way the terrain is formed isn't really themeing, Inferno could be excellent in the themeing area if they fixed the lights, mist, geysers, patched up the volcano, fixed the lava chippings, cleaned up the ponds and things, but Thorpe don't seem to care about that. I'd like to see Thorpe prove me wrong, but I don't think the 2009 coasters themeing will be any good.
Danzaw*nk

Hmm, I think it will :D. Surely Ninferno's theme is not meant to look amazing if it's a volcano?

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
TenZero

It's not just the Volcano though, it's the surrounding area, like the lakes and ponds, the station and the tunnel!
Danzaw*nk

Meh well, to be honest I think it looks fine and you're the first I've heard to say it looks tacky. :)

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
TenZero

It's not tacky, I'm just picking the ride out as an example of how Thorpe's themeing isn't amazingly good.