If you had to, which ride would you remove?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

If you had to which ride would you remove?

Oblivion
1%
Rita
9%
Air
1%
Nemesis
3%
th13teen
4%
Smiler
1%
Mine train
6%
Flume
55%
Sub-terra
19%

Total votes: 210
Danny

lf2001 wrote: Don't like Sub-Terra and none of my friends do. I think they should've put something else in its place. I'd liked to have seen another coaster that goes past the Nemesis track, so when you're riding it you think your going to hit the track, but you just miss...
I would totally disagree. Another coaster interacting with Nemesis would take away its beauty. It's so secluded and hidden away from others, you even have to walk down the pit to enter. Another ride would take that secluded, singular feel away and would ruin its look.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MizzHanza

Let's be honest, It won't be a new ride i.e. one built in the last 10 years or so
Last edited by MizzHanza on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I went to OBLIVION and back, faced my own NEMESIS and it's origin. I flew through the AIR, I played with SONIC but was cursed with a HEX from the number THIRTEEN. I was the QUEEN OF SPEED but most of all I was a SMILER
andymac746

Has to be the flume for me. Its old and needs replacing.
1996coaster

The Flume because it doesn't feel very Alton Towers like, the other rides have a certain charm to them whereas The Flume just feels like generic log flume ride no. 1,938,591.
▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬
awsomelycoolboy

I would pick submission, it only hurts you, and it's not that fun, especially when it holds you upside down for like ten seconds, I would prefer to have energiser back in its place, energiser looked fun. Also I would definitely not remove runaway mine train it's my little sisters favourite ride in the park, she rode it 36 times in one day with her unlimited fast track and the thing is she is only 3! She is a thrill seeker in the making!
Haha! I knew it! I was right! Submission was first to go! Pretty sad tho.
rallyrob

It has to be Nemesis Sub Terra its just a pointless ride with weak themeing and an overall bad ride experience in my opinion anyway. I do think the flume is dated but I was when it got re themed to the flume. Maybe they need a re theme again I don't know what to though
stealthsmiler

Hows N:ST got weak theming, thats about all it's got going for it.

I would choose the Flume just because its a poor layout. They deffo need a flume just not the current one. The stupid turny bit just screams desperate to have worlds longest. If the current flume was replace with a more themed and compact one, a lot of space would be opened up where a nice family spinning coaster could go which to replace Sonic, then opening up Adventure land to have SW8 built there.

I don't understand why people want Rita to go. Yes I agree it needs theming adding but that isn't a reason why it should leave. Yes it's short and has a generic layout but that only adds emphasis to the amazing launch. People aren't asking for Oblivion to leave (well most aren't) and that only really has the drop. I personally love Rita, but that's because I love the launch. I also wouldn't want Rita to be replaced with another launch coaster as it wouldn't be the same.

And how anyone can find Nemesis and Oblivion boring will always be a mystery to me. The only big coaster I wouldn't miss is Air as it seems a bit too quick. If it were to leave I would want it replaced with another coaster that's the same but maybe have a launch and be a bit more thrilling. Or Thirteen as the track before the drop is boring, but they could just rip out the first bit and re do it, even though it would be too expensive.
Altontowersbarlow

I agree, Nemesis Sub-Terra has outstanding theming for a relatively small ride experience. I would personally like the flume to be removed and replaced. I came to this decision as it is not interactive or exciting enough due to the slow and seemingly pointless layout. I also think the turns are rough and uncomfortable. I would like an updated/modern flume erected in it's place as I certainly think AT could make a fantastic ride experience and all theme parks should offer a decent water attraction/attractions :)
JammyBand

Altontowersbarlow wrote:I agree, Nemesis Sub-Terra has outstanding theming for a relatively small ride experience. I would personally like the flume to be removed and replaced. I came to this decision as it is not interactive or exciting enough due to the slow and seemingly pointless layout. I also think the turns are rough and uncomfortable. I would like an updated/modern flume erected in it's place as I certainly think AT could make a fantastic ride experience and all theme parks should offer a decent water attraction/attractions :)
I completely agree. A good water ride is so important for a theme park but the Flume Alton Towers currently has just isn't satisfactory. It's just too boring, dull and generic. And the theme is very poorly executed. I wish log flumes had stronger themes as they offer a unique ride and have the potential to be amazing themed experiences but not many theme parks do this well. I believe one if the main problems of the Flume is the actual layout, and therefore a retheme would be pointless as the ride would still be boring and the current layout doesn't have much potential for good theming. They just need a new, compact log flume with a great theme and EVERYONE would be happy!
evenstar120

I would have to say the flume to go next but I also really don't like sub terra. Did not enjoy but to be fair I am claustrophobic so that's prob why I felt uncomfortable. Is there any chance of a refurb for the flume rather than getting rid of it??
Altontowersbarlow

evenstar120 wrote:I would have to say the flume to go next but I also really don't like sub terra. Did not enjoy but to be fair I am claustrophobic so that's prob why I felt uncomfortable. Is there any chance of a refurb for the flume rather than getting rid of it??
The only issue with the flume is the dense woodland and high amount of tree-cover along the ride which makes it very difficult and problematic to install consistent theming throughout the Flume. The amount of theming we have currently is the highest standard of Re-theme we could possibly expect. In my opinion this is why it is more beneficial (although more expensive) to remove the old flume and create a new layout with easier theming opportunities :)
Rollermad

The whole ride is on stilts behind the hill which basically means it cannot be themed. A water coaster with a underwater tunnel could go there though :)
Coasterfellow

Personally i think the flume has to go. It doesn't fit with mutiny bay and the drop is very tame when compared with the vast majority of flumes in the UK. I would like to see a good pirate themed water coaster with a section of dark ride and a steeper drop at the end.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
SmilerLover

I would remove 13 as it just cant, and never will, be better, or even a suitable replacement for corkscrew. Bring back corkscrew!

Also whoever voted smiler has no place among us!
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
Sr88

Sub-Terra. Not because I dislike it (admittedly I've never actually been on it), but because it just isn't in the same league as the others.
wakey1512

I'm not sure who voted oblivion but perhaps a track extension would be nice.
Sr88

wakey1512 wrote:I'm not sure who voted oblivion but perhaps a track extension would be nice.
I've always loved the drop, and on that basis I love the ride, but the ride itself is so short (making me dislike it)! I've always thought that it has so much speed left after the drop that it could do something cool before returning to the station.