New non-rollercoaster ride

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Burniel

Hmmmmm difficult. Something unique. A world first. Or something basic, as they've already had a big world first this year
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Alex.D

We call a non coaster ride, depending on what it does either a flat ride ( submission & ripsaw ect) and rides that in the dark and are more of an experience a dark ride.(hex Sub terra) Then horror mazes are the mazes.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Martin

Hi TTF dudes
I would like to see a Dr Who themed ride
Something on similar lines to Spider-Man at universal islands of adventure.
I just feel that the Towers are missing out on something like this kind of ride.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
sibic

Big dark ride in coaster corner some kind adv enter ride where house comes alive .  Or so,thing like mystery mine
Toonsville

I would love to see The Garfield themed simulator/dark ride considering where Nickelodeon's Outta control was. Although, Nickelodeon's Outta control ride hasn't been replaced for the longest time ever since it was closed in the late 90's with frog hopper being placed next to it.
Last edited by Toonsville on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tallicay2k

Don't want any movie themed rides. Alton Towers is unique and has its own magical feeling.
I wouldn't want to see it being turned into a universal type theme park with Spider-Man, Harry potter etc etc etc etc.

Energizer/bone shaker type ride being returned would suffice.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Toonsville

The Super Mario Themed ride would also be a good choice to consider where Beastie was near Sonic Spinball.
Count-Vonduel

I would love to see a Sir Algenon themed dark ride.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Andyroo

Something like Thorpe Parks Detonator???

As much as I hate it I actually quite enjoy it....

(Apologies of AT already has one as I haven't been for years! Can't see one on the map!)
JammyBand

Andyroo wrote: Something like Thorpe Parks Detonator???

As much as I hate it I actually quite enjoy it....

(Apologies of AT already has one as I haven't been for years! Can't see one on the map!)
Well, they have Nemesis: Sub terra, but that's it for the drop towers, and that is the most they will ever have due to their tree-line height limit, I'm afraid.
Andyroo

Ahhh, yes forgot about the tree height restrictions that AT have to adhere to... Makes planning difficult!
Danny

I'd like to see a gerstlauer sky roller. They look really fun and it can be marketed as a family thrill ride as you control how intense the ride is. little children can just treat it as a sort of chairs sing while thrill seekers can make it as intense as they want.
ollboll9

Agreed with the sky roller thing, however could they fit one in with height restrictions? But anyways great idea I've always wanted to try one of them :D
Poop. Always
Danny

Just looked it up and they are 73ft high. So maybe if it goes where blade is, as the ground is much lower there it could work , is love to try one too :)