TT Summer Sizzler - 27th July 2013 - Discussion

Archive for past events.
lindsay.j.chant

I found a branch near work and paid during my lunch break.
Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them, so that those who follow us may share in our triumphs.
Zach

I've booked a ticket on the website but wondered if I could possibly pay you guys the £10 on the day, I'm definitely coming as I'm booked in the chained oak B&B
Lee

ATfanatic wrote: I've booked a ticket on the website but wondered if I could possibly pay you guys the £10 on the day, I'm definitely coming as I'm booked in the chained oak B&B
Unfortunately all tickets must be paid for in advance to secure them as tickets are limited and we need to pay Towers themselves.

You can do a bank transfer, or feel free to pop into the branch itself :)
Zach

Ahh so if I just go into lloyds nd give them the details provided all will be good ?
Cookie Monster

We are coming  with 2-4 Poole do you know what campsite and who to pay to
Lee

ATfanatic wrote: Ahh so if I just go into lloyds nd give them the details provided all will be good ?
And the money too ... :lol: sorry, I couldn't resist!

Yeah just hop into the bank, give them to sort code and account number with your money and ask for the reference to be your forum username. Make sure you've filled the form in and we'll confirm we've received the money ASAP vis email :)

We are coming  with 2-4 Poole do you know what campsite and who to pay to
This is only a one day event, and as such there's no camping in an official meet up capacity. There a few local campsites nearby, try The Star for example. I'd imagine you'd pay for the campsite directly.

If however you mean payment for ticket, then just use the bank details provided for 4 people
Last edited by Lee on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomL

You need to book the tickets now on the event page and pay for them by bank transfer... I don't think camping is happening now but there are many camping/caravan sites around such as the Star camping and caravan site 2 mins away in Cotton. So basically, you will need to find your own accommodation if you plan to stay overnight
Chris-TT

Ok guys I've had 3 emails today with people asking how to pay...
Firstly fill your information on this link:
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/events/sum ... k-tickets/

Once you have done this, you will be directed to a page with our bank details on. Simply transfer the money owed as instructed on that page, or go into any Lloyds TSB with our bank details to pay cash over the counter.
You will also receive an email with this information once you have filled out the form.

I hope this clears it up for everyone.
JD1991

I'll be coming to this, we can house up to 3 at ours if anyone needs it ^^ Preferably bring a sleeping bag or something though! Live in Shelton by the way, up near the uni :)
I'm Hilarious.
Zach

Is there any sort of dress code ? As I've taken to wearing my smiler costume every time I go to alton towers since the opening and wondered If it'd be cool me wearing it to the event it's nothing to fancy just smiler themed
Luce

I don't believe there's an actual dress code - but probably sensible clothing for visiting a theme park.  If you've worn your costume before, then I expect it'll be fine :)
Zach

Luce wrote: I don't believe there's an actual dress code - but probably sensible clothing for visiting a theme park.  If you've worn your costume before, then I expect it'll be fine :)
Yeah I've worn it loads before, staff and visitors alike loved it haha :P so definitely...I have been called the The smiler guy by few ppl before haha
Chris-TT

ATfanatic wrote: Is there any sort of dress code ? As I've taken to wearing my smiler costume every time I go to alton towers since the opening and wondered If it'd be cool me wearing it to the event it's nothing to fancy just smiler themed
Dress code is strictly no Mankinis unless you have a suitable mustashe. Apart from that I think you will be fine.
JD1991

Posted this on the Facebook page as well but wondering if anyone who is driving will be passing by Stoke station or the general shelton/uni area and wouldn't mind picking me up/dropping me off. Hate taking that damn bus with a passion and will gladly chip in fuel wise :)

Cheers!

EDIT: I can also put a few people up at mine if necessary, obviously bring a sleeping bag. You can park your car at the uni about 10 mins away on foot. Saves money on a hotel if you're travelling far and don't want to go back the same day!
Last edited by JD1991 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Hilarious.
djtidus

Whats the latest date I can book my ticket? I'm waiting to find out if I'm needed to work on Saturday and will not know till later in the week.
Danny

Saturday is the deadline, although we might be able to work something out.
Last edited by Danny on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zach

Just to let people know, that during the 30minutes oblivion exclusive ride time; Myself, TomL and 3 others are doing a charity event to raise money for Merlins magic wand and the clatter bridge cancer charities. We are attempting to ride oblivion as many times as possible in this time frame and we could really appreciate sponsorship of £1 for every ride we do. You can either pick a member and pay for each circuit they complete, or equally donate a fixed amount for the team or an individual. Any money donated on Saturday would be wonderful :) Thank you in advance!

Please also not that this has no connection to TowersTimes.

Team Edit: SPG clean up
Last edited by Zach on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
djtidus

Looks like I will not be able to make it :( have fun everyone.
Zach

So aside from the official events happening, what do we do in between ? Are we going to do a TT takeover of the smiler with 3 trains of TT ?
Lee

ATfanatic wrote: So aside from the official events happening, what do we do in between ? Are we going to do a TT takeover of the smiler with 3 trains of TT ?
The time inbetween the official itinerary of the day is for member to have their own free time. While we hope people will spend the day with us as a group and do a few good old ride takeovers, we'd hate to force our company on people :lol:

So in short, it's up to you what you wish to do in the middle :) Stick with us, or toddle off with yourself/sub groups. I believe the majority of the team will be eating in Woodcutters, so if people have splintered off, that will the best time to rejoin us. I'd imagine an itinerary will be published soon, but if not, it will be mentioned on the day in the welcome drinks and butties ;)