Superior Entertainments Parks

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.

Which park have you most enjoyed to watch grow?

High Valleys Resort
13%
Summer Hills Resort
13%
Oaklands Resort
6%
All the same
69%

Total votes: 16
Danny

Alpine Update

So some good news has been found today as the construction of the wooden coaster has been given the go ahead to continue, with half of the ride due to be completed soon. Some new buildings have popped up along the pathway including a bell tower. The path is starting to really come together and looks very bright and welcoming. I'm told the circular shaped end to the pathway is going to be the village cottages which visitors will be able to go in and view during their visit to Alpine. The statement is still on the website for people to put off their trips. With only 6 and a half months to go until the advertised opening I questioned Mr Barker as to whether they plan to open it on time still, he replied saying 'The opening of Alpine will inevitably be delayed. We here at Superior Entertainments do not want to open a new area until it is fully completed. It's just something we won't do. There are still issues regarding the flat rides which are in the process of being sorted out. Once the wooden coaster is complete and providing initial testing goes well, we can give a rough idea as to when Alpine will be open by. Until then I can only recommend to keep checking the website for any new information.'

This is sad to hear. I'm off to the site today so will bring a picture update later!
Danny

Alpine Photo Update

Hi Guys,
like I said I have been to the site of Alpine today and got a great picture update for you! I'm really impressed with how construction is getting along. It's currently mid January, so with 6 months to go the opening date is looking to be getting further and further away, but at least work is continuing at a fast pace.
Our first picture is an update on the wooden coaster made by Intamin. A new airtime hill and banked turn has been constructed which then leads in to the brake run. We can see there will be a drop after the brake run and Mr Barker informs me that this should be complete in another month. Since this photo was taken I'm told a lot more has been complete.

Now our first cottage has been built and looks really nice! It is located at the end of the path which you will see in a wider shot:

Here is our latest buildings to be constructed along the right side of the pathway. More colour is starting to be used now which is really brightening up the area and can't wait for people to experience it:
The blue roofed building will be a large gift emporium. The reddish spired building will be a chocolate and sweets shop, and the small building conjoined to that will be guest services. The building just a way down which you've seen in an earlier update is a toilet block.

Here is an overview of the whole area Mr Barker has sent me:

So the area is all coming together now and there's half a year left. Mr Barker has already stated that it will not open on time, although this hasn't been given a reason for we have a strong feeling it is to do with issues regarding the flat rides. Mr Barker has told me they are still on plan for all buildings and area to be complete in 6 months, but only time will tell. Should have another update for you later! :)

Right I need your comments and criticism that you may have with Alpine. While it's in the construction phase things can be altered, and we love hearing your opinions on our parks, so please if you have anything to say please either PM myself or ATB or just post here! :)
Danny

Alpine Picture Update 2

So construction of Alpine continues as more themed buildings are complete and track work for the wooden coaster is nearly finished. A new airtime hill has been added on the wooden coaster aswell as the drop and hill after the MCBR. Two new cottages have been complete next to the first one at the end of the area. Mr Barker tells me guests will be able to walk around these themed homes and learn all about the history of the park, and some will feature the history and construction of the Alpine village itself! Mr Barker has told me that the yellow building completing the right side of the path is going to be a woodwork shop selling all kinds of toys and figures for adults and children, and will offer guests to create and buy their own personalised pieces they make. Here's the pictures for this update:

I hope your enjoying this project and please remember to get those comments in! More to come soon! :)
Danny

Alpine Update

So its now February and there's only 5 months till the original opening. Although no further news has been released about the delay the statement is still on the website so I'd assume they still don't know. However we have some big news. The wooden coaster has been complete and trains are due to be placed on the track tomorrow! Here are the pictures:
A near completed Village

An outdoor seating area by the wooden coasters station:

The completed wooden coaster:
I hope you are enjoying these updates. Watch this space for more big information soon! :)
Altontowersbarlow

Hi folks ATB here bringing you the latest news from Great Jubilee Theme Park

Construction Update
Construction has continued over the last few weeks and the Alpine development is progressing very quickly. The final building has been constructed in the Alpine Village which takes the form of a Bell Tower next to the wooden roller coasters station. The wooden coaster has been completed and trains are ready to go on the track for testing. Lots of landscaping and tree planting has been going on to give the village a cosy and realistic feel in order to fit it's Alpine theme. The troublesome flat ride has now been sorted and will provide a Europe's first once built and is set to arrive on site very soon. Groundwork is taking place to prepare for the flat rides arrival meaning that the area is not far from having all of its attractions built ready for opening. In other news Mr Barker has banned all media from the Alpine Village Construction Site so the Europe's first flat ride can remain a secret until later in the areas construction.

Thank You
ATB :)
Danny

So there's just under 4 months until the original opening of Alpine. Although I am not allowed on or near the site, Mr Barker has informed me that parts for the flat ride have now arrived on site and are beginning to be put together. He also tells me he has hired 1,000 extra workers in the last month in order to get a close an opening to the original June opening. He still knows it won't meet that time, as the flat ride will need to undergo serious testing before opening.

However today he has shown me the original plans for the Alpine site which I thought you'd find interesting.

The Wild Wild West
The original plans were for a Wild West themed land. It was due to have a big thunder mountain type coaster that circled the area going above and below ground level. It would be family friendly and include a backwards launch of 40mph. The land would also have a large drop tower in the centre of the area themed to some TNT exploding. The area would have been heavily themed and I'm told a dark ride was also planned, using incredible 3D technology to make riders feel as though they really are in the Wild West. It would include heat and water effects, and follow a story that riders are trying to remove outlaws from the town.

This all sounded incredible but was turned down for a number of reasons. Firstly is was proving too costly an investment, and Superior Entertainments didn't feel it was necessary to spend so much on Great Jubilee as it was already doing very well. Also local councils turned down planning permission as they believed the mine train type coaster would produce too much noise, which locals complained about. However Mr barker tells me the plans have been put aside, and SE are still looking in to making this happen in the future, with slight amendments.
So they went with Alpine as planning permission was given, and with the large buildings surrounding the area, the sound would be muffled.

I hope you've enjoyed hearing about what Alpine could have been. I'll report any news when we have it.
Danny

Alpine General Update

So there's 3 months and 3 weeks until the original opening of Alpine, and 5 months and 3 weeks till the expected opening of August. I have some huge news! The intamin flat ride has begun construction and I can now reveal it is a freefall drop ride! It is sitting in the centre of the bungalows and the first two pieces have been erected. Mr Barker is still keeping tight lipped about this.

Flooring work has begun with cobblestone being laid around the whole area. Also both wooden coaster cars have been spotted testing and Mr Barker tells me it's going very well. More concrete is being laid around the freefall drop too and I should be able to get some pictures from Predator to show you later.

It's a very exciting time as everything seems to be coming together now. Should have an update later :)
Altontowersbarlow

Hi folks ATB here bringing you the latest news from Great Jubilee Theme Park
General Update
Since the announcement of the arrival of The Intamin Drop Tower on park two more pieces of the ride have been lifted into place. Mr Barker has ensured there is no access to the area and has stopped all media from entering the Alpine Construction Site. When asked about these choices Mr Barker made the following statement; "As part of our Alpine Development we have enlisted one of the worlds leading ride manufacturers (Intamin) to construct a drop tower in our Alpine Land. As part of this construction process it is necessary that the ride is not seen until further into its construction however I can not release the reason for this decision until further notice". It seems strange that this part of the project is being made private however we understand and respect Great Jubilee's decision and will continue to update you in the coming weeks.

Thank You
ATB
Danny

So although I'm not allowed on site Mr Barker has sent me some pictures he has taken showing some of the recent changed to Alpine. Unfortunately there are no pictures showing the drop tower, but I may try and get some soon. Pictures will be up in a while with more to be revealed, watch this space! ;)
Danny

Alpine Picture Update

So here are the pictures Mr Barker has sent me to show some of the lands progress:

I hope you are enjoying watching these updates, I should have some very exciting updates to come soon! The best is yet to come! ;)
Danny

So I feel this expansion of Great Jubilee has gone on for long enough now. I am doing finishing touches as we speak so the big reveal will be either tomorrow or Sunday night. Anyway…

Alpine Update

So we've come a long way since construction first started. We are now in June, when Alpine was originally meant to open. I can tell you the drop has been complete and queue line is currently being placed. Final touches to the area such as games stalls and the ride should hopefully begin testing soon. I'm not revealing anymore on this until the big reveal :)

I should have some pictures of certain parts soon :)
NemeJaney

Woooo, keep it up :D
Danny

Thank you Janey, it means a lot :hug:

Alpine general area update

So a lot of work has been going on site. The drop rides queue line has been complete and trees have been planted all the way around it. A Starbucks grab and go stall has been complete in the centre of the pathway just outside of the coaster station. This is Great Jubilee's third Starbucks Grab and Go on park.

The drop ride has begun testing,cans looks amazing. I have got some videos and pictures for a big reveal tomorrow evening. I will set a time tomorrow afternoon that the announcement will be made so you know when to check back. I know your going to love it :)
Altontowersbarlow

We are about to reveal the biggest announcement in Superior Entertainments history. At 8:00 tonight we will publicise our newest ground breaking secret regarding our newest ride at Great Jubilee Theme Park. This amazing element will be achieving two records at once, a Europe's first and a real world, worlds first. We are extremely excited to release this breath-taking information and we hope you can join us at 8:00 tonight for an announcement that will simply blow you away.

Thank You
Danny

I do apologise ladies and gents, due to some small issues, the big reveal will happen at 8:45pm. I hope this hasn't caused any inconvenience, but I assure you it will be worth the wait :)
Danny

Alpine Big Reveal

So I've been waiting a long time, and ATB and I are so excited to finally reveal a secret that's been kept far too long. Although Alpine as an area is not quite complete, but is still 1 month till opening, August 1st.

The drop ride has been testing without dummies for a while, the dummies are currently in storage. Mr Barker tells me testing has gone incredibly well, and is certain that Alpine will open August 1st.

So I think the big reveal will begin with a video. After months in the planning, here is Alpine's brand new iconic ride. Something that's only ever been since once more in the world, this is the final part to Great Jubilee's largest investment ever. Our European first, and exclusive to Great Jubilee:
View My Video

So I can now reveal that the ride is in fact… an Intamin Flying Freefall Drop Tower! It is located at the centre of Alpine Village, and completes the attractions available with the new area. The ride offers some incredible views of the park, but also the countryside that surrounds it. Every seat is to offer a different, but exhilarating experience. To show you what sort of view you will get, here is a pov:
View My Video

But of course, I wouldn't be able to have this incredible ride without the help of our friends over at CFH Rides. They agreed to give us exclusive use of the CFR, which can I point out is incredible. The attention to detail is unbelievable, much like all their other CFR's which can be found here: http://cfhrides.wix.com/cfhrides#!emotional/c1t44

Now, for people who cannot view the videos, here's some screenshots of the ride during its testing phase:

I hope you have enjoyed watching Alpine grow. It's taken a lot of time but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I'd like to thank Altontowersbarlow for the amazing amount of work and help he has put in to this, and of course CFH Rides for giving us their brand new CFR before anyone else for Great Jubilee Theme Park.

There's still lots of great ideas an expansions for Great Jubilee, the future is looking bright :)

Now that Alpine is very near completion, I'd love to hear any comments, feedback or criticism you have! Post below, all your comments help make Superior Entertainments Parks get better and better, and we love to hear your opinions!
Kirsty25

Wow that looks awesome!
Danny

Kirsty25 wrote:Wow that looks awesome!
Thank you Kirsty! I'm glad you like it :)
Altontowersbarlow

Hi Folks ATB here bringing you the latest news from Great Jubilee Theme Park
The Alpine Village has been open for a year and a half now and has been a great success with the public. Great Jubilee Theme Park have now implemented accommodation in the themed lodges so guests can experience a full Alpine experience. By staying in these themed lodges on the Alpine site you are entitled to:

Staying on park with tickets included
All meals at the village restaurant at the start of Alpine.
Exclusive ride time on a number of rides before the park opens.
Night time riding on Alpine's two rides.
25% discount on ALL merchandise.

The Guest Services building will double up as a reception for resort guests who wish to stay in The Alpine Lodges. The cottages will hold up to 6 people per building. They will also have a kitchen area and each bedroom will have a Flat Screen Television to entertain guests. The cottages will be finished off with extensive Alpine theming and a fully operational old-fashioned fire to make the cottage as cosy as possible.

Superior Entertainments Expansion
Superior Entertainments have purchased a large piece of land which is confirmed to be the location of their next large theme park. All plans are being kept secret however we do know that this brand new park will open within the next two years! :)

Thank You
Jack

How did you get hold of that CFR, from what I've seen it's not even released yet!

Looking very good btw! :D