Superior Entertainments Parks

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.

Which park have you most enjoyed to watch grow?

High Valleys Resort
13%
Summer Hills Resort
13%
Oaklands Resort
6%
All the same
69%

Total votes: 16
Danny

So Area X is now officially open! Everything has been complete and has confirmed the last few details:
The enterprise is called Supernova
The 4D cinema is called Mission to the Moon: 4D Adventure

ATB is heading down today to see Area X for the first time, and will review it soon :)
Altontowersbarlow

Hi Folks ATB here bringing you the latest news from Great Jubilee Theme Park
Area-X
I visited Area-X yesterday and I must say the area is very intimidating. You enter and are immediately confronted with a huge metallic fountain that acts as both a piece of theming and a centre point to the area. Gravity (The Gerstlauer Eurofighter) dominates the area and the attention to detail in the food outlet buildings is at a very high standard. Supernova runs on a great cycle and provides a very thrilling experience for a family ride.
Gravity
This mass of twisted metal dominates the whole of area-X and it's ride experience is both intense and enjoyable which allows most audiences to ride although it is still classed as a major thrill attraction. The tight corners and banks create a high amount of G-force and the air time in areas of the ride is simply Breath-taking.

Mission to the Moon: 4D Adventure
Before the effects even start the interesting and detailed plot immerses you in the dark and magical world of the solar system. The effects are timed perfectly to the impacting images on the screen and the water, smoke and light effects makes you feel as if you really are right in the centre of the family friendly adventure. The attraction will take you through the haunting quiet of space and then drop you straight into the madness of a chaotic rocket launch so you get to experience a range of different space related scenarios and it will leave you feeling Breathless.

I hope to bring you more news from Great Jubilee Theme Park Soon
Thank You
ATB :)
Danny

So it's now been 2 years since the opening of Area X, so it is expected that there will be an investment sometime soon in a new attraction. The company has seen a huge rise in guest numbers at the other parks and am told that they are looking to invest more in to Great Jubilee.

Originally a kiddie coaster was planned for Area X, although for unknown reasons was pulled last minute. Mr Barker has made it clear he wants to expand Area X with a new coaster however we aren't sure whether he plans to yet. He has two options:
1) expand Area X adding a new coaster.
2) start a new area with a coaster there.

Both are very possible, however Mr Barker is yet to confirm.
More to come soon :)
Danny

So after two years of no investments whatsoever, we finally have confirmation of a new attraction! Mr Barker tells me it will be a roller coaster, and will be an extension of Area X. Not much more is known at the current time however work is due to start soon which should give us some clues :)
Altontowersbarlow

Hi folks ATB here bringing you the latest news from Great Jubilee Theme Park
General news
Tree felling has been taking place behind hunter and gravity over the last few weeks causing speculation that a new ride will be appearing at the park soon. Despite this plans have been denied for the B&M dive machine that was on its way to the park however Mr Barker has informed us that an Intamin could be coming to the park but this is not confirmed.

Thank you
ATB
Danny

So track has arrived, and Mr Barker has confirmed it will be a Maurer Sohne spinning coaster! They are looking to expand their family thrill rides and Mr Barker feels Area X needed another child friendly ride. He assures me it will still be very thrilling and has given me these stats:

Type: Indoor dark spinning coaster
Manufacturer: Maurer sohne
Max speed: 39 mph
Ride time: 1:30
Track length: 2174 ft
That's roughly 400ft longer than Dragons Fury, and 500ft longer than Sonic Spinball!

Due to having a number of GCSE's to revise for, the updates on this ride won't be as detailed as previous coaster developments, I'll look to have it finished soon :)
Danny

Welcome Back

Hi everyone,
My apologies for the lack of updates but school has taken over. However I have now finished school for good and never have to go back again!! This means Superior Entertainments will be back up and running and I've got many exciting plans for Great Jubilee!

The spinning coaster has been completed in a huge grey building. It is completely plain concrete slabs like The Smilers station, which looks pretty boring and sticks out, but in time I'll get used to it! I'm told that it was all done to the cost! So the ride has been open for 6 months with very few problems. It is obviously themed to space to match Area X and is called TIME WARP.

For a family coaster it is very intense with some seriously spinning sections! Mr Barker has invited ATB and I to go inside the ride building and view the ride with the lights on, and off with all effects working so I should be able to get some exciting pictures. Mr Barker is yet to get back to me with whether I am allowed to film an on ride pov. I hope for this update to be available tomorrow!

New Development

So park management have announced that a new ride experience is coming to GJ next year and have created a page on their website to sign up for more details. So far they have released a teaser ' Soaring to GT next year!'

Can you guess what it could be? :)
Danny

Time Warp

So I finally persuaded Mr Barker to let us get an on ride POV of Time Warp! I tried it out on the official opening day and I really love it! It's got some great speed and spins a lot for a family friendly ride. The theming is brilliant and it really adds to the experience of it being in the dark. So here's the on ride pov with the ride cars lights on to show you how close the track is:
View My Video

Also I got a picture showing the building compared to the park. It takes up a huge amount of space and looks very basic, but the ride inside makes up for this :)

I hope you enjoyed this update and I look forward to bringing more soon! :)
Altontowersbarlow

Future Developments
The park has released a statement today describing the new medium investment that will be appearing at Great Jubilee in replacement for the original development plans. The development will be appearing at the Theme Park in the near future (Within the next two years). The development has been named "The Enchanted Forest" and the plans show a natural woodland area with a large and scenic route that will allow guests to explore the forest and it's beauty. The area will include multiple picnic areas to give guests an alternative area to relax before or after exploring the rest of the park. The area is set to be extremely popular and I am sure it will become a great success. Here is a statement from the park;

"Great Jubilee Theme Park is proud to introduce "The Enchanted Forest" development. This area will put guests in a natural and magical environment and will allow our guests to experience the beauty of a natural forest in a theme park setting. The area will include many surprises and theming elements that will really excite the mind and body therefore creating a truly enchanting and immersive experience"

The park have also asked for any guests views on the new development so your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
ATB
Danny

So it appears SE are looking to invest a large amount of money in to GJ over the next few years. I am told that the Enchanted Forest will be ready for next year, and the new area the year after that.

I'll keep you posted on any changes :)
Danny

The Enchanted Forest

So The Enchanted Forest is now open at Great Jubilee Theme Park! It's a place that the whole family will enjoy spending time in as every visit gives a unique magical experience! Here's a picture of the whole area from above:

Here are some shots from within the forest:

With many different routes to take, hours can be spent in the forest admiring and learning all about the environment and species within the forest. The picnic area offers a calm, relaxing environment furthest away from the theme park to make it the most peaceful. However there are some amazing views on offer of rides such as predator and Gravity peeking over the treetops. A wide variety of birds can be seen from peacocks to swans and ducks. I have thoroughly enjoyed spending some time in the forest and can't wait to see GJ new developments.
Danny

New Development

So it has now been confirmed that Great Jubilee are building a new themed area for guests to enjoy! Planning permission has been filed for 1 coaster and two small flats. From the plans it looks to have a single wide path running through the area, with a wider, circular area towards the end. This area is going to cover a fairly small amount of space, but will go all the way to the parks border fences! I'm told to expect very BIG things to come.

The sad news is, due to whatever this land is consisting of, we have to wait 1 1/2 years for it to be ready. It's January 3rd now so by next summer we should have it open! Of course I will keep you updated as I'm told construction has begun, and the Enchanted Forest is the best place to see the area!

More to come soon :)
Danny

So we are now 4 months in to construction and the park have been busy! look at this!

The Alpine Village

In just over a years time Great Jubilee Theme Park are happy to announce that we will be opening one of our most incredible themed areas yet! Alpine is a small village that backs on to the Enchanted Forest. It is a happy peaceful village that will welcome guests next summer with many new shops and attractions to experience. Although details of this project are being kept secret for now, I can show you our first building constructed so far 'The Village Bar and Grill. This will be the first building guests will pass as they enter Alpine. It will be a 4 star restaurant that guests can enjoy delicious meals and snacks while having a rest from the brand new attractions opening with the new land.

That was a statement made by the park this morning, the picture was also supplied by them. I hope you are enjoying the sound of our new project, we will be revealing more details throughout the day :)
Danny

Alpine Village Construction Update

So construction is moving on quickly! Mr Barker isn't allowing anyone on to the site yet, but has promised he will keep me up to date with what's happening. Now next to The Village Bar and Grill we can see construction of a station, which we can only assume with be Alpine's coaster! Although no track has been spotted yet, with work starting on building this a year in advance, it must be something big!

More to come soon! :)
Danny

So isaster has struck Great Jubilee park, and my computer!! unfortunately, during Time warp's construction, I forgot to put an exit when I opened the ride. The ride has now been open for a long time and had over 2600 riders. As the ride is in a building, none of those riders could get out. So I currently have 2600 riders stuck in the ride building. It has caused the game to freeze, crash and lag so whether Great Jubilee will be able to continue is currently unknown.

To show you the severity of the situation, here's a two second video as it wasn't letting me take screenshots:
View My Video

I will try my best to get GJ back up and running, as I am really enjoying working on this project. In the mean time I'd really appreciate if you'd like to share your thoughts and comments on anything to do with the park, whether it be about attractions we've seen be constructed in the past, or about our latest project, Alpine.
thanks again
Danny :)
Altontowersbarlow

Construction Update
Along with the announcement of the Alpine Village development more details are being released about it's attractions. Great Jubilee Theme Park has released a statement revealing that three rides are set to be erected in the area including a roller coaster that is confirmed to be manufactured by Intamin. One of the flat rides in the alpine themed land will also be constructed by Intamin meaning that the park is forming a strong relationship with one of the worlds best ride construction teams. A third ride has yet to be given permission however if the ride does clear planning permission it will hold a European first and provide a very thrilling experience. The construction is developing quickly with concrete foundations already appearing and various themed restaurants/ shops being erected :)

I hope to bring you more news from Great Jubilee Theme Park soon
Thank You
ATB :)
Danny

So after a minor delay, which has now been sorted, I'm happy to announce that Great Jubilee are back open for business! Guest services were extremely busy for the whole day, and compensation has been given where necessary :)

Right now a extra update revealing more than planned, but due to today's delay I thought I should! I have been allowed on to the site to have my first look around, here's what I took:

So Alpine's coaster will be a wooden coaster manufactured by Intamin! After asking Mr Barker he did reveal that the coaster will be family friendly, and have a 1.2m height restriction. So I'm sure the thrill seekers will be disappointed, but its a nice family investment. Mr Barker assures me there are many thrilling things to come. Maybe a hint at the flat rides? ;)

Also a toilet building has been built on the opposite side of the walkway from the Village and coaster, and with 10 months till opening, work is really speeding up! I'm told the second large building has already been started, and due to be finished by next month. I'll keep you posted on progress.
Danny

So another month has been since my last update, and there's only 8 months until the announced opening of Alpine! I have been back to the site to see what changes have been made.
The first change is the wooden coasters first drop has been complete! It looks quite steep but not too high, I reckon this will be a favourite amongst children not quite tall enough to ride the ultimate thrills GJ has to offer. Also there is a section of drop been added before the brake run that can be seen at the front of this picture. Track layout is currently unknown so I'm not sure what this will lead to yet.

Our next change is the right side of the walkway has begun construction with the first building, rumoured to be the gift shop. Although it's early in to construction, since this photo was taken half of the building has been complete. I love the theming these buildings seem to have, and I'm told its only going to get better!

Hope you are enjoying these updates, there should be another one later! :)
Danny

Alpine Update

So the past two weeks construction has really picked up, probably due to it almost being the closed season. A lot of work has been done with the rumoured gift shop now almost complete and looking great on the right side of the road. Also more track and support work has been done for the wooden coaster as these pictures will show:

One thing I find quite strange is that there has been no further news on the flat rides, nor has there been any signs of them on park in storage. Mr Barker has told me that they are still planned so I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm really enjoying this project, but id really love to hear what you guys think to! If you have any constructive criticism and anything you particularly like about Great Jubilee please leave a reply. We love hearing these comments and really help us out. Also so I can see whether the parks are still enjoyed by users on here. :)
Altontowersbarlow

The Alpine Village Development
The Alpine Village development has been facing various issues over the last week which has temporarily halted major construction in the area. The park have provided us with the information that the wrong track pieces have been delivered to the park for the newest roller coaster that is due to open in the coming months meaning that the ride is unlikely to debut on its advertised opening day. No flat rides have been erected yet which is also adding to the temporary delay of the Alpine Villages opening and construction however some minor construction has taken place this week. A new themed building has finished construction next to the rumoured gift shop and the village is starting to take shape. The Alpine Village was set to open in 7 months however the park have released a statement regarding the delay of the newest area at the park on their website, advising guests to change their booking if they were hoping to visit the Alpine Village on its advertised opening day due to the delays.

Thank You
ATB