Superior Entertainments Parks

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.

Which park have you most enjoyed to watch grow?

High Valleys Resort
13%
Summer Hills Resort
13%
Oaklands Resort
6%
All the same
69%

Total votes: 16
Danny

So we now have a full backstory released by the parks marketing team!
A long time ago, on a small island, there was a creature causing devastation to everyone on it. It would circle above the island high in the sky in search of its next victim. Anyone who came close to the creature never lived to tell the tale. So the secret military service, CamoX, we're called in to capture the monster and contain it. In order to do this they evacuated the island and built a high octane prison to contain it. May attempts failed until the created: The Vault. The Vault was what the creature's cell was known as. The Vault was a dangerous place but the only safe place to keep the creature. For years they have been trying to tame the beast, but with little success. Now CamoX are in search of volunteers to enter The Vault to see if you can try to tame… Predator.
Danny

So I can now confirm that 'Predator' has opened on it's advertised opening day! It opened an hour later than the park for extended final testing and checks. I am due to ride it this afternoon with park management thanks to Mr Barker and I don't even have to queue!

Current wait time: Approx. 200 mins
Danny

So I got to ride Predator for the first time yesterday and i must say its amazing. The near misses are very effective and the ride is very thrilling and comfy. My only complaint is by the end of the day all smoke effects had stopped working!

Anyway next year is our last year of the promised 5 year attractions plan. We know that the park have roughly a £10-12 million budget left and they promised we would get two new lands. We've had Prehistoria and Predator Island, there are plans for a third with the rest of the budge although no themed has been confirmed. All I know is there are plans for a eurofighter! :)
More soon
Danny

Five Year Attraction Development Plan

Year 1: Mighty Mine
Year 2: Prehistoria
Year 3: Lighthouse (kids slide)
Year 4: Predator
Year 5: New themed land to the left of Predator Island

New plans:
A Gerstlauer Eurofighter.
An zamperla family coaster.
flat ride.
Food court.
Trees,bushes and greenery in the area.

I am told the coasters will start being built very soon!
Danny

So you may remember that around 10 updates ago I said SEP were in the middle of making a large investment, well it has now been confirmed that Superior Entertainments Parks now own an indoor waterpark in Kent! It was formerly called Water Land however SEP have changed the name to Water World. It held its opening day a few days ago and was a great success. There are currently 3 water slides, spa section, diving pool, kiddie pool and a lazy river. They are looking to expand this in the coming years.
Here's some pictures without the building so you can see properly:

This is great news and looks like SEP could be a serious contender to large attraction company's in the future!
Although I won't be giving frequent updates on this, I will occasionally update if any changes are made.
Danny

New Themed Land Update

So Mr Barker has told me his reasons for making the new area's plans public. Although the area isn't due to open for almost another year, construction has already begun on ground prep. He tell me the Zamperla speedy coaster hasn't been confirmed and they are still in the process of making a definitive answer on whether to go ahead with the plans. However the Eurofighter has been confirmed as well as a thrilling flat ride.

Mr Barker said he wanted to make the plans public as he is looking to hold a competition. If you have any ideas of a new theme for the land then you can PM me with details of how the land can be themed and how the rides can relate to the theme. He tells me there are prizes for a winner including the sharing of many secrets!

So if you have any ideas, PM me :)
Danny

So we have got some big news for Great Jubilee! This year SEP have signed a contract with Starbucks to open mini cafe's and stalls in their parks and have started testing them in Great Jubilee Theme park. Currently there are two built and the first one has just opened in Adventure land. It is what they call a 'Grab and Go' and has become very popular among guests. The second one is almost complete and is located next to the bridge for Predator Island.
Here's some pictures:

There is talk of another franchise coming to SEP however these rumours haven't been confirmed.

New Area Update

Work has begun on the Eurofighter and is located on the site behind Mighty Mine. Gerstlauer vans dropped off track earlier and support work has been started. I should have a picture update tonight! :)
Danny

July 25th Area Update

So it has been two months now and the new area seems to be taking shape as the area has bee surrounded with trees. The Eurofighter's support work has been complete and has confirmed which type it is ;)
Here's a picture!

I'm told that since the picture has been taken the station is starting to take place with track and building go up around it! Still no news on the theme but may have some more info soon. If you know which type of Eurofighter it is, post below! Prize for whoever gets it first :)
Danny

Eurofighter Update

Here we can see a lot of work has gone on with the station with the track placed and what looks like an entrance, exit and ride op room. Mr Barker tells me that this station will not be enclosed but have this large cover for the rainy days.
Here's the pictures:

This was taken from on Mighty Mine:

Work seems to be progressing well and our first flat ride is being installed as we speak ;)
more to come tomorrow, and remember whoever guesses which Eurofighter there is first, will win a prize!
Danny

Hi everyone. Apologies for no update yesterday but my computer decided to die on me :) however we are back online now and although I cannot post a picture update, I'll give a list of what's gone on in the last few months!

The Eurofighter's track has been complete.
Pathways are being laid.
A 4D cinema has been installed.
Another flat ride has just arrived.

The theme of the area is still unknown however should know more soon. We are now in September and the area is due to open along with the park on March 1st!
LoopyDan

DannyG wrote:July 25th Area Update
Bit lat but yay that's ma birthday :3 :lol
Edit: Mm, also is it a Rage/Speed eurofighter? Can't remember the name of the model though
Danny

LoopyDan wrote:
DannyG wrote:July 25th Area Update
Bit lat but yay that's ma birthday :3 :lol
Edit: Mm, also is it a Rage/Speed eurofighter? Can't remember the name of the model though
Haha well in that case happy birthday from everyone here at Superior Entertainments! And I will accept your answer! Prepare for a DM from myself very soon :)
Danny

November 4th Update

So another two months in now and the park closes for winter in just one weeks time. The Eurofighter has had its three trains put on the track and is now testing daily. The 4D cinema has had lots of work done with construction team going in and out all day long. The flat ride has been put in storage for now, Mr Barker tells me it will be constructed during the closed season. No clues have been given as to what the new area may be themed to but I'm told teasers go out on the parks last operating day of the season! I'll keep my eyes out and bring a picture update tomorrow :)

Expect BIG things ;)
Altontowersbarlow

Hi folks
I apologise for my absence for the recent days however I am now back online and will now continue updates as usual :)

Thank you
ATB
Danny

Hi guys,

Just a quick photo update showing progress on the new area, tomorrow is the last day so ill keep my eyes peeled for any advertising :)

Danny

So it's Great jubilee's final operating day of the season, and with half price tickets all day, its packed! This is a clever move as well as I'm glad to say that our first signs of marketing for the new area have been posted up all around the park!
Here's one of the banners taken from their website:

So it gives an opening date, but what else do you take from this? Post below with your thoughts and ideas, they may get confirmed :)
Danny

Hi guys,

So for some time now we have been keeping a secret. For this project, an extra member has been added to the team. They are here to help lead this project and have (almost) full control of what happens with the new area. So far the work you have seen has been the ideas and creations from this member. He has plenty more ideas and you will see them as construction continues, and we've agreed to let him give you some details of the new area as he introduces himself.
Watch this space :)
LoopyDan

Hello everyone, my name is Dan, and I'm pleased to be working on Great Jubilee's new themed area. Danny has allowed me to reveal a few secrets, although we still have some surprises for you!

- When it is open, you will be able to take a trip to the cosmos with Great Jubilee, as the new area will be themed a rounds Space!
- The flat ride coming to Area X will be a HUSS Enterprise ride!
- Great Jubilee's INSANE space themed Gerstlauer Eurofighter will be called Gravity!
- Theming is soon to be added to Area X
- Whilst the area is opening soon, we have already planned an extension which will contain a new coaster for the area.

I hope this has got you hyped for the opening of Area X!
- Dan
Danny

So her is our latest picture update! It is now January 3rd so there's only around two months to go until opening! The majority of the area has been complete, except flooring as you will notice ;)
The theme is very child friendly with big space machine theming to entertain and educate children!
So here's our flat ride, yet to be named:

Here is the food outlet keeping with the space theme:

Here is where the area sign will go, the large futuristic looking water feature, and theming in the background:

Hope you have enjoyed this update and there shall be more soon :)
Danny

Hi guys,

Just a quick update regarding the 4D cinema! It is a 15-20 minute animated show make especially for Great Jubilee. It will include many effects such as moving seating, leg ticklers, back prodders, mist and water effects. I'm told it will have an incredible finale but that is being kept a tight secret!

Also pathways have know been complete and the area was opened to visitors staying in the hotel for 2 hours to try it out. As this wasn't made public I missed this although when it opens in a few days time myself and ATB will visit to see how LoopyDan's project has come along :)