Oblivion Floorless

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
NickiFan

I want Oblivion to stay as it is. The floorless cars, in my opinion, don't look as intimidating and it won't add much to it. Oblivion is perfect, in my opinion, as it is. Could do with a bit of love in the queue line and station. But I think floorless cars wouldn't fit the theme...
Last edited by NickiFan on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator

I think oblivion floor less would be amazing! Yes it's a stunner already but a floor less! Wow!

Thanks NickiFan
NickiFan

I reckon the cars add to the impact and theme of the ride... Also, it would push back dispatch time, we would be stuck on the break run even longer. No one wants that.. Also, in the queue next to the station (underneath) it would be far too loud and you wouldn't be able to watch the videos when there is a queue for it.
Tom170499

I had an idea ages ago to have the cars similar to Air but you go up the lift hill feel first, lying on your back. Then you would go down the drop feet first, parallel to the track.
Last edited by Tom170499 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhino18

JUST....LEAVE....OBLIVION....AS....IT....IS.

Thank you.
Mark.aa

Just had a idea for oblivion to make it scarier.
When you are at the top of the drop ,on the holding brake before the brakes release have the front row barrier on car lower and give a more exposed ride! nothing in front of you. The barrier would then raise back up when in the brake run before the station.

Not technically impossible to do. But unlikely.
Last edited by Mark.aa on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluesonichd

even better than floorless,

get rid of the harness and strap people in with bungee rope. maybe  :roll:
Vladimir Bobinski

rhino18 wrote: JUST....LEAVE....OBLIVION....AS....IT....IS.

Thank you.
Agreed, there is nothing wrong with it. Without any follow up manoeuvres floorless wouldn't add anything. I always deliberately dangle my arms/legs rag doll style for the drop anyway, the only people it would affect are those that really do try and buckle themselves into place for the drop.

Keep it tidy, keep both loading stations running and don't let it rot away this time.
Last edited by Vladimir Bobinski on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeanGaryCox

There is way too much effort and costs to be put into making Oblivion floorless. I quite like being able to lift my legs up anyway, or rest them up on the bar in front :P

I made a topic about a year ago that Oblivion should have a standup row on the back, but to my surprise the tunnel is apparently not big enough, such a shame. Just thinking even if the floor of the back row would be lower than it is now, as people are stood up it will be higher than the front anyway, rather than having the back seats higher to allow people to have a better view.
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
lf2001

Oblivion is fine as it is imo. Don't think there's much point in making it floorless.
DeanGaryCox

Floorless is pointless... Now standup or backwards options if it was possible would be something to look forward to.
Image 2014
Inferno Attractions

I think that that's a good idea but for only half of the cars. So one half as they are, the other half is floorless
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
lf2001

Inferno Attractions wrote: I think that that's a good idea but for only half of the cars. So one half as they are, the other half is floorless
But then you would have to probably create another queue, and there may not be enough space.
Inferno Attractions

lf2001 wrote:
Inferno Attractions wrote: I think that that's a good idea but for only half of the cars. So one half as they are, the other half is floorless
But then you would have to probably create another queue, and there may not be enough space.
Still would be pretty cool
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
Jamie

They are not going to make Oblivion floorless - it's been operating since 1998 and is fine as it is.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
stealthsmiler

Front row face forwards, back row face backwards. that would be epic!!
scw55

I thought the only reason why Floorless Dive Machines existed was because they were bigger (and had an extra row). So they removed the floor to make the train lighter. I would imagine a very heavy train would wreck the track.

Oblivion isn't not too heavy. Having a third row would detract from the experience (third row won't really be able to see the drop).

It wouldn't be an intelligent investment.
Capt.Barnacles

Only reason I'd want to keep Oblivion as it is, is because I enjoy putting my feet up on that front bar, so it feels like you're standing up on the drop. xD It's good fun.
PhoenixStudios

I just think it would help Oblivion look more 'modern.' With The Smiler right next to it, and the station building... it just feels kind of old to me. I know it won't happen and it would affect the dispatch times, but the futuristic-y feel of the floor dropping, and the front gates opening would just make it feel cooler to me.

Almost as if it's been updated from its old design to be another one of the MOJ's experiments :P
*Credit to Lewis97 for the awesome Signature!
Dom

If you're short Oblivion is kind of floorless I suppose :lol:
But I don't want Oblivion to change one bit. She is a beast and is one of the best coasters in the U.K
Last edited by Dom on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.