Retheme, Repaint, Rebrand?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
garfield3gs

well............. just WOW at the response !

thank you all very much, i am enjoying reading through your comments, i would reply to you all seperatly but it would become the longest post towerstimes has ever seen i think...

really enjoying your ideas and thoughts on the topic.

i had forgot about sw8 airs carpark so maybe they will theme that like air but surely they will still need to give air some tlc like water etc to match how nice sw8 will look.

i agree that it would be really nice for nemmy to get a birthday gift of some tlc, touch up here and there but i dont think it would look as good if they went the whole shabang on her and made her looking to new.

keep all the ideas coming guys and girls

garfield
cookiee_munster

bloody'ell! forgot its nemesis's 20th next year!

then yes, like a lot of people said, i think its time the old gal got a good old seeing to and had a brush up. starting with the station.

think it may be best to just tear it down, and start from scratch and maybe build the que so that people cant get too close to it to vandalize it. i dunno how you could do that though. maybe some of the criss-cross metal fencing like the smiler has to stop bored hands from reaching out and defacing???

id also love some kind of tomb/cave built for the que where people were sacrificed for the monster. just adds a little more to the storyline.
Stern John

I think it would be great if they completely removed the monster and rebuilt it.

Obviously the track and other elements are meant to look old and worn but the monster is supposed to look alive and slimey, it really doesn't anymore.
Tidy up the bus, the blood and the kitchen, fix the smoke effects, fix the speakers and have the theme playing all around the ride area and get rid of the annoying audio "pop" in the station.

Just throwing this out there but it might be nice to have the queue going left and up around the ride and entering the station through the old overgrown queueline? I love the view you get from up there looking down on the vertical loop and the monster.

Thinking Nemesis is now 20 is pretty scary tbh, I can remember waiting 4 hours to ride in 1994 and it was so scary and thrilling.

Ah, remember when rides opened on time and worked properly? ;)

I hope they plan some sort of celebration event next year and also some special merchandise to celebrate twenty years of one of the world's best coasters.
Last edited by Stern John on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
tallicay2k

Stern John wrote:
I hope they plan some sort of celebration event next year and also some special merchandise to celebrate twenty years of one of the world's best coasters.
I have a good feeling that they most probably will do something for her 20th, but I've said this many times and ill say it again, Rita drives me nuts, DF is an awesome part of the park and the awesome theming of thirteen is put down due to Rita. Yes ok they put branches on the control point and done a lil on the cars but it ain't enough.

Air on the other hand, I like it. I love the music and the surrounding area suits air, ok the theming next to nemesis is a bit out but at least it's not on top of nemesis like Rita is to thirteen.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY