Lewis97's Creations

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Just realised that I didn't colour one of the supports used to make up part of The Flasher, but don't worry it's been 'corrected'.

However, the photo remains and the first person to point out where it is gets early access to the recreation!
Ripsaw Raver

OK Complete guess here because it could be due to the perspective, but is it on of the lower crossbeams on the flasher leg, behind the flasher sign?
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Ripsaw Raver wrote: OK Complete guess here because it could be due to the perspective, but is it on of the lower crossbeams on the flasher leg, behind the flasher sign?
Nope, I checked just to make sure! :)
Joshysqaushy

Is it in this picture??? in the middle solar panel 
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Indeed Joshysquashy you are correct! (Although you were getting early access anyway, as you entered my first rider competition).

I will take this opportunity to announce to all those that entered that competition that the recreation will be made available to you Wednesday evening, ahead of the official release on Thursday evening.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Just a small update to end the day. Not that exciting but I've added some arrows in the relevant places, these being before the first lift, and bottom of the first dive loop. Everything's really starting to come together now!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Okay I'm putting queue line fencing in, as well as boundary fencing in. However, if anyone could point me in the direction of some good photos which show a good portion of the queue and that will be greatly appreciated, as otherwise I don't know where the queue goes...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Right, I realise that making the queue line is too hard, and it's starting to really cause the simulation to lag, therefore I'm just going to do boundary fencing. By this I mean, the fencing around the whole site, and the fencing around the pit.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Okay, this is the final proper update really, but there will be many overview shots to accompany the release tomorrow as well as a POV!

As you will be aware, I've added lots of fencing, but I'll be honest in saying it doesn't reflect the real fencing that accurately. I've also added arrows in the pit, under the cobra roll's exit, as this is what I believe the yellow theming is. And finally, the 'Half Way Corrected' sign in the vertical lift trench.

After this update, I will prepare the track file for release for those you are getting access to it early, and will contact you shortly with details!

Anyway... on with the update, with all of today's photos being found HERE.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Ahead of the recreation's later release, here's an on-ride POV!
Danny

lewis97 wrote: Ahead of the recreation's later release, here's an on-ride POV!
This is amazing! Very well done mate! :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

And this is it! You can now download and ride The Smiler yourself HERE!

Here are some overview shots, and if there are any particular things you want to see I can also screenshot those for you (whether this be in the editor, in sketchup or in the simulator etc.)

Coasterfan312

It's not finished, right? Still needs more queue, floor detail, landscaping, the toilet block and Marmaliser feet. Still, great job!
Smiling since 1997.
Theme Parks Visited: 19
Rollercoasters Ridden: 75
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Coasterfan312 wrote: It's not finished, right? Still needs more queue, floor detail, landscaping, the toilet block and Marmaliser feet. Still, great job!
It is finished as far as I'm concerned, I'm not adding queue as I don't have decent pictures to go on, and fencing causes the simulator to lag quite badly, the landscaping is as good as it's going to get, as with all my .3ds objects they don't show up correctly in No Limits, and get incorrect shading which there's nothing I can do about, and if I'm honest I don't know how I would create The Marmaliser's feet.

It has been released on the No Limits Exchange, and because the actual ride doesn't seem to be quite finished, bits keep getting added to that, which I didn't get a chance to add to the recreation.

I may come to re releasing it, but that is not something I can say for certain.
Coasterfan312

Still looks unfinished to me, and therefore isn't going to be praised as much as it could be.
Smiling since 1997.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Coasterfan312 wrote: Still looks unfinished to me, and therefore isn't going to be praised as much as it could be.
Currently it is the highest rated coaster of all time on the NL Exchange... (24/5/13 @ 15.30) I'm quite amazed by that as I never expected this level of positive response, and so I'd like to thank those who have commented on the recreation here, and rated it on the NL Exchange.

https://nolimits-exchange.com/?highest=all

I have other commitments, and have completed this to a standard I am happy with, and have received largely positive feedback, along with some helpful criticism which I will use for other coasters and possible future recreations.
Last edited by lewis97 on Fri May 24, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altitude

^ It's 7th according to my laptop...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Altitude wrote: ^ It's 7th according to my laptop...
Yes, I've seen, there's been basically a troll which has gone through rating everyone's coasters 10.00, and rated mine down.
Coasterfan312

lewis97 wrote:
Yes, I've seen, there's been basically a troll which has gone through rating everyone's coasters 10.00, and rated mine down.
Before you think it, that wasn't me. I hardly ever look at that website, and I have no account there. Still think it'd be so much nicer if you made the entire thing perfectly.
Smiling since 1997.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Coasterfan312 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
Before you think it, that wasn't me. I hardly ever look at that website, and I have no account there. Still think it'd be so much nicer if you made the entire thing perfectly.
I wouldn't have thought it was you :) it seems to be someone just rating lots of rollercoasters so they would be able to download further tracks, and so didn't bother putting any thought into what they were writing as it consisted of 'Lol' many full stops and then 'it was a great ride', or in my case 'the environments weren't there' - whatever that means ;)

I'm not completely dismissing the idea of further work, and so with the exception of queueline fencing, what other stuff would you like to see added?