Lewis97's Creations

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Mrloverlubba wrote: Wow you've done an amazing job! must be taking ages, but one point, any chance the station can be abit lighter grey?
Sure, but where it appears black in the screenshot above I won't be able to change, as it's the way NL shades the .3ds objects. I have still got to edit the station building so I will change it then!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Time for an update! You may remember saying that I wanted to cover the site in the concrete slabs, well I did that... and that got carried away and made the pit by using them!

I have completed other supports but can't remember which ones I haven't already documented and so haven't take screenshots of any of them.

In response to Mrloverlubba's request I tried to change the colouring of the station building, which I did in SketchUp but NL refused to keep the colouring the same. What I have worked out is that the same material has to be the same colour anywhere on the site. This I discovered whilst trying the make the corrugated station roof lighter, which resulted in my corrugated fence panels turning white, and so had to undo that (I did that after taking the screenshots).

However, I have managed to update the station's shape now that the actual station is complete!

Although it seems like a lot there's not that many screenshots, but, nonetheless, they can be found HERE.

Danny

Please tell your doing the marmaliser?!? :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

danny.g97 wrote: Please tell your doing the marmaliser?!? :)
Well originally I had contacted BGF to see whether I could use his Marmaliser, which he agreed to. However, I have realised that because he has made it out of supports I will be unable to import it into my recreation...

Therefore, I will need to make one, as it will be a shame to miss it out. I had intended to have this ready for The Smiler's opening day, but I don't think that will be possible if I decide to make it.

I am aware there are some very eager people wanting to download this, and so I will still be releasing the recreation next Thursday, but probably without The Marmaliser.
Danny

lewis97 wrote:
Well originally I had contacted BGF to see whether I could use his Marmaliser, which he agreed to. However, I have realised that because he has made it out of supports I will be unable to import it into my recreation...

Therefore, I will need to make one, as it will be a shame to miss it out. I had intended to have this ready for The Smiler's opening day, but I don't think that will be possible if I decide to make it.

I am aware there are some very eager people wanting to download this, and so I will still be releasing the recreation next Thursday, but probably without The Marmaliser.
Okay good luck mate! :)
Joshysqaushy

lewis97 wrote:

You know he could use the construction kit to export the marmaliser into a 3d.s and then "correct" it in anim8or then send it to you?
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Joshysqaushy wrote: You know he could use the construction kit to export the marmaliser into a 3d.s and then "correct" it in anim8or then send it to you?
I'll have to speak to him about it... What do you mean by this, as originally I would have downloaded his recreation (The Marmaliser included) and then somehow imported it into mine? Therefore it might be something I would be able to do... although I can't get Anim8or to load on my laptop. Also what's the construction kit, as although it my not seem like it I'm fairly new to NL and have just used it as a standalone program!
Joshysqaushy

lewis97 wrote:
Joshysqaushy wrote: You know he could use the construction kit to export the marmaliser into a 3d.s and then "correct" it in anim8or then send it to you?
I'll have to speak to him about it... What do you mean by this, as originally I would have downloaded his recreation (The Marmaliser included) and then somehow imported it into mine? Therefore it might be something I would be able to do... although I can't get Anim8or to load on my laptop. Also what's the construction kit, as although it my not seem like it I'm fairly new to NL and have just used it as a standalone program!
Well the construction kit is a free downloadable program that allows you to download your no-limit tracks and change the size of them and what-not, but what it also allows you to do is save the coaster + supports etc. as 3d.s files and as far as im concerned BGF's marmaliser is made entirely out of supports (if im right) so he would have to download that and do that and if you want he could send it to me and i could put it through anim8tor and send it to you  :D
TRAILER:
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Do you have the construction kit, because I looked and couldn't find anywhere to download it from online... If it is possible though then if you could do that then that would be great! I'm still yet to speak to BGF as he's only online at certain times.
Joshysqaushy

Only just thought about that  :lol: he could send me the nl.track file and then i could do the rest.
TRAILER:
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Joshysqaushy wrote: Only just thought about that  :lol: he could send me the nl.track file and then i could do the rest.
Awesome! I'll try to talk to him today to see if it's okay, it will probably be after he releases his recreation.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

You can now 'Buy The Smiler' in my recreation! I'm quite pleased with how this came out :)

And as you read this work on The Marmaliser has begun, just incase I can't get BGF's. You can also see a prototype Inoculator Needle...

Last edited by lewis97 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Right, I have made the decision to make my own Marmaliser, as I thought that seeing as I've made everything else, it would be a shame not to also create one of the most integral parts of the ride! So I've pretty much finished the central column, so now I need to decide what leg to make first, I think I might do The Tickler as that seems like the simplest...

And after realising that I can use the right font, I have updated the text on the entrance.

Last edited by lewis97 on Fri May 17, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Double update for you! I have more or less completed The Tickler, and am now working on The Inoculator. You may notice that the theming bolts weren't added in some of the screenshots, but I did add them and there is an image of them. I have also made the sign that says the name of the leg on it, using SketchUp.

The full Marmaliser album can be found HERE.

Also I have added the yellow doors to the station, which you may have seen in earlier updates but here's a few screenshots anyway!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

I have continued work on The Marmaliser, and now The Inoculator is complete, with the exception of the wires that hang between two parts of the leg. I am now working on The Giggler, and hope to either have it done by the end of today or tomorrow.

All Inoculator pictures can be seen below, but for the whole Marmaliser album click HERE.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

And now The Giggler is complete, with mist effects included! I have decided not to do the wires that hang between any of the legs, as I don't think it would look that great.

The Giggler screenshots are below, but for the whole Marmaliser album click HERE.

boatey

Looks really cool ,cant wait to see it complete. :)
I love theme park they are my life. I would like to be a designer and want to start a collection of memorabilia from alton and thorpe
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Okay, I did actually manage to finish The Hypnotiser last night, but just didn't have enough time to take, upload and then post the screenshots.

Like I said, The Hypnotiser is now complete, and I have tried to find spirals that best resemble those used in real life. The way SketchUp overlays the spiral image onto the object itself, means that the picture sort of disappears when you look at in from some angles. Watching the train go past in the simulator makes you appreciate how near, of a near-miss it is!

So that leaves only The Flasher to complete, which I think will be the hardest leg to do because it has so much, and some quite complex, theming...

So below are The Hypnotiser screenshots, and the full Marmaliser album can be found HERE. There's also another part of the update so keep scrolling down!

You may have seen the ladder that allows access to the second bunny hop, but here's a dedicated screenshot just for that! I conveniently found it in the objects folder, and needed a ladder, and so in it went.

Last edited by lewis97 on Mon May 20, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

And now the final leg of The Marmaliser; The Flasher! It looks better than I thought it would if I'm honest, and again is a very close near-miss, especially on the first bunny hop. That doesn't leave much more for me to do now, I'm considering making the 'Ha Ha Ha' arrows which go inside before the first lift hill, and there are still a few more things I want to do to touch up the site however.

All Flasher screenshots are below, and all Marmaliser screenshots can be found HERE.

Kirsty25

That looks so cool lewis - well done :D