Lewis97's Creations

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

[align=center]The competition is now closed!

A winner is being randomly selected... (using this if you want to know)[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

[align=center]:moj And the winner is... :moj

ilyAlton

I would like to thank the following people for entering the competition:

ilyAlton
JoshySquashy
Ripsaw Raver
infusionfan2
Hari
truckaddict

I have PMed you all with some exciting news... :D[/align]
RollercoasterGEEK100

lewis97 wrote: [align=center]:moj And the winner is... :moj

ilyAlton

I would like to thank the following people for entering the competition:

ilyAlton
JoshySquashy
Ripsaw Raver
infusionfan2
Hari
truckaddict

I have PMed you all with some exciting news... :D[/align]
;[

Credit to NemesisRider
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I've started on some of the support structures. The ones that I have done are; the entrance to the sea serpent, the middle of the sea serpent, the first dive and you may notice the 90 degree support for the first dive loop, which goes over the mid-course break run.

The update can be found HERE

N3m3s1s

This is some great work! Shame I don't have No Limits :-(
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I've done some further support work, so I now have near enough completed the vertical lift's support structure, and have also started to make the concrete trench around it.

I'm still having problems with the colouring of models I create in SketchUp, and can't work out why... Any help would be much appreciated! :)

You can view the latest update HERE

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Only a small update... Added a few more of the main supports such, as the middle of the cobra roll and exit of the sea serpent (bit off because of issues with the ground level). I've also connected one of the supports for the penultimate inversion to the dive loops, put in the supports for the bottom of the first drop before the first dive loop, and the exit of the corkscrew into the mid course break run.

I've also been playing around with the drops after the lift hills, and the inverted drop...

As always I have uploaded the photos to Google HERE

Joshysqaushy

How many g's does this thing pull?  :D
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Joshysqaushy wrote: How many g's does this thing pull?  :D
Just about hits 5 Gs for a split second (when I play it at 25% speed) on entry into the cobra roll, so that will be interesting after the airtime seconds before! The Gs are relatively quite tame otherwise, as it would be too intense going through 14 inversions pulling over 4-5 Gs each time...
Hari

PLEASE can you release this now :(
NR
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Hari wrote: PLEASE can you release this now :(
If it was ready I would, but there's still plenty of stuff to do, but I hope to have it done in time for the actual opening!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

And now an update! Work on the supports has continued and I've now completed about half of the supports for the batwing, as show in the picture below.

You will also see in the update that I have created the toilet block, although I think it may need to be a bit bigger. And as with all my buildings, the textures haven't worked and I'm still yet to find out why...

That's it for now, you'll find the update here

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Not exactly a massive update, but I've completed a few more supports, these being on the second dive loop, first half of the batwing and the first inverted drop (which I've also been playing around with). I've also added some mist for where The Giggler 'Laughing Gas' would be, and, not forgetting, some trees!

Please find all the photos HERE, but you can have a look at those below!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The main focus of this update is on the toilet block support structure and some of surrounding supports for the inverted/twisted drops and lift hills. I'm quite surprised how well they have come out, as they're pretty complex. I've also adjusted the bottom of the first inverted drop, but that will be documented in the next update (because I forgot to take screenshots of it).

Anyway, the update can be found HERE

lewis97
Admin
Admin

I've got yet another update for you! I've added more supports, this time on the second inverted drop, entrance and first half of the sea serpent, the entrances to the dive loops, and on the final inversion. I have again adjusted both inverted/twisted drops after looking at TT's aerial updates. I have also found that to get the supports right, you have to sometimes move the track around, so in a way that has allowed me to make this more accurate.

Full update can be found HERE as usual!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

A bonus update if you like! I have made the ride entrance gate! I'm aware the wrong font is used, but there is a limited number of fonts which can be used for 3D text in SketchUp. Now there has again been problems with the colouring of the model, however conveniently from one angle the entrance looks how it should so I have been able to take screenshots from that perspective.

It's just the one image below...

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Now I have finally managed to work out the problem with the colouring of all my buildings, however I am unable to solve this problem.

Basically it's the way Google SketchUp exports the .3ds file, as it gives it some from of shading which is why some faces don't have the correct colour. If I rotate the objects different faces turn black, and that's how I realised the problem. This can apparently be solved through using a program called Anim8or, but it unfortunately won't work on my laptop as I'm running Windows 8 :(

Therefore I'm not going to be able to include correctly coloured scenery objects in the final version, but I'm hoping this isn't too much of a issue for anyone... I still plan to include them to make the site look reasonably realistic though.

Anyway, I hope to make the recreation public on The Smiler's opening day, so not long to wait! :moj
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Even with the problems with scenery mentioned above, I have added further objects such as the steps leading down from the entrance and the walkway over the beginning of the vertical lift. Both are pictured below!

A perfect view of the entrance, all the colours are as they should be...

lewis97
Admin
Admin

I bring another update for you. I've been mainly working on some theming features, these include; the queueline shop, fencing around the first dive loop, and the pipework on the station.

Also there is a screenshot of a concrete slab I have at the entrance and I am planning to level out the whole area and use these on the ground, and then change the landscape back into the normal grass. Hopefully, that will make the ride look better...

You'll find the whole update HERE

Mrloverlubba

Wow you've done an amazing job! must be taking ages, but one point, any chance the station can be abit lighter grey?