The Smiler - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JAMMYD777

Also in regards to busyness, pretty much all exams have finished now and the majority of students don't return to school until September now, therefore, there will be a large number of school leavers at the park.
SW7:
JamieH93

Monday the 17th was the least busy day of my stay every day got gradually more busy.
But yes there were LOADS of school trips on every day, and a lot of those were Scottish school trips.
Last edited by JamieH93 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
nacholover

I've heard sundays are a good day to go, is this true?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

nacholover wrote: I've heard sundays are a good day to go, is this true?
Actually they have been some of the quietest days of the week, but as summer holidays near I can't see it staying like that for much longer.
nacholover

lewis97 wrote:
nacholover wrote: I've heard sundays are a good day to go, is this true?
Actually they have been some of the quietest days of the week, but as summer holidays near I can't see it staying like that for much longer.
So do you think next sunday would be good? trying to organise another trip, need to get back on the smiler.
ATJordan

Do you think they would let me and my two mates on via single riders queue if I explained I have claustrophobia and panic when in large groups?? Unlikely, I know, but is it possible?
nacholover

ATJordan wrote: Do you think they would let me and my two mates on via single riders queue if I explained I have claustrophobia and panic when in large groups?? Unlikely, I know, but is it possible?
Anyone can go in the single riders queue, aslong as you're willing to ride on your own.
ATJordan

nacholover wrote:
ATJordan wrote: Do you think they would let me and my two mates on via single riders queue if I explained I have claustrophobia and panic when in large groups?? Unlikely, I know, but is it possible?
Anyone can go in the single riders queue, aslong as you're willing to ride on your own.
No, I meant together, because I'm claustrophobic and the queue may trigger this, but I really want to ride.
dazza4783

Yeh, you don't even have to give any excuses like that. It doesn't matter if you're on your own or in a group, as long as you don't mind being split up when riding. It is possible that you will all get on the same train, although probably not. 2 of you might even get sat together but it is very unlikely that all 3 of you will be sat together.
Kirsty25

ATJordan wrote:
nacholover wrote:
No, I meant together, because I'm claustrophobic and the queue may trigger this, but I really want to ride.
The chance of this is minimal to be honest. You are 99% likely to be split up as they tend to look down the main queue for pairs before letting single riders on from what I saw when I was there.
lucy2244

Went to the towers today- had 3 rides back to back on the smiler, starting the queue the first time round at 1. We went in the single rider queue and the maximum time we queued was about 40 minutes which isn't really bad at all. Only once did we get put on the same train together but on different rows (I was on front and benji was on third, sucker  :D) and the other 2 times we were on different trains. Honestly though the single rider queue isn't very claustrophobic at all once you get into the station, in fact it's pretty roomy!

The main queue also isn't as bad as you think- I used to suffer with claustrophobia and still avoid tight spaces where possible. I know the queue lines are described as 'boxed in' but there are places where they aren't and the metal doesn't go all the way to the top, so it doesn't feel like you're that trapped. Well, only a little bit :D
W@LLI$

I'm a past student moving onto college (not important but thought I should put it in there) and I'm going on the 3rd July. What will the queues be like, what do people think?
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

W@LLI$ wrote: I'm a past student moving onto college (not important but thought I should put it in there) and I'm going on the 3rd July. What will the queues be like, what do people think?
I'm going that day too, an am hoping they are somewhat quieter as it's midweek, although I'm aware that they'll more than likely be some school trips, which will inflate queue times.
W@LLI$

lewis97 wrote:
W@LLI$ wrote: I'm a past student moving onto college (not important but thought I should put it in there) and I'm going on the 3rd July. What will the queues be like, what do people think?
I'm going that day too, an am hoping they are somewhat quieter as it's midweek, although I'm aware that they'll more than likely be some school trips, which will inflate queue times.
I can't agree more, that day is my sun ticket day!
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
djedwardsmith

I don't think you quite understand what a single rider queue is for.
SmileyMan

djedwardsmith wrote:
You could get a disability pass, where they give you a time, and from then to that time, you are not allowed on any other rides, so basically, you are queuing, however not in the queue line. People get it for chlostophobia
ATJordan

djedwardsmith wrote:
I do, as I've explained I get very claustrophobic in large crowds and the normal queue may trigger this, so I thought that they may let me join another queue because of this. Also, I did state that it was unlikely, and was merely asking if it was possible  :roll:
Themeparksandy1981

It's nothing against you or anyone else who feels claustrophobic but it's not a disability so really you got two options try to get there as early as possible so you don't have to queue long or join the single rider queue. The point is you be together to you get to the front of the queue and if you go on first you should be fine.
JaykeAT

I have VERY bad claustrophobia,but the queue really isn't as bad as it looks,but I was worried about it,try looking at the queue before you go in it,or get there for 8PM,get on the first monorail and then be one of the first in the park so you can get on the smiler straight away as it opens.Hope this helps
Themeparksandy1981

JaykeAT wrote: I have VERY bad claustrophobia,but the queue really isn't as bad as it looks,but I was worried about it,try looking at the queue before you go in it,or get there for 8PM,get on the first monorail and then be one of the first in the park so you can get on the smiler straight away as it opens.Hope this helps

8pm he will be at the front of the queue