Heide Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Momoffour wrote:Is this opening this year ?
Yes it should be at some point. I don't know the exact date yet though.
Liam.W

'Train Your Dragon - The Island' opened at Heide Park on the 14th of May this year. This looks like a great family area!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Along with Chessington, 2017 is also a higher capex year for Heide Park with the first teaser posted on their Facebook page today (excuse the crude translation).
Finally we can officially tell it to you! :-)

The launch of the construction work for our news 2017 has fallen. Behind the walls of the former Spencer Hall are already many helping hands at work.

We tell you more in the next few days - stay tuned!
[align=center]Image[/align]
NeoXIII

There's going to be an announcement during their Halloween Nights on 14th October what the new attraction is going to be.
Rather happy to see the old Spencer Show leave, it was quite poorly made and only really had nostalgia for people who actually used to know the show.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

[align=center]Image[/align]
Heide Park have announced Ghostbusters 5D - The Ultimate Ghost Hunt as their 2017 attraction.

Here's the awkwardly translated description from the webpage:
Wage you in Lord Explorus' mysterious Warehouse and supported the world-famous Ghostbusters at its interactive 5D ghost hunt. Equipped with laser gun and 3D glasses begins your adventurous ride (in Ecto 1). Buckled and watch out! All meaning and full body applications are in demand. The ghosts suddenly appear and sometimes hear or feel you only. Can your team defeat the ghosts?
  • For families with children from 6 years
  • Indoor attraction
  • Dark Ride
  • Virtual Special Effects
  • Feel like the movie hero protecting the world from ghosts
  • Meet Slimer and other funny-scary ghost
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Triotech gave a short presentation at IAAPA 2016 about Ghostbusters 5D - The Ultimate Ghost Hunt which also featured some concepts of the ghosts that guests will encounter in the attraction.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Heide Park have confirmed on Facebook that Colossos will not open during the 2017 season. Below is the translated announcement:
As it turned out last season, the exchange of rails is necessary in our beloved Colossos wooden railway. Since this is a very complex/expensive process, Colossos will not be able to resume operations in the 2017 season. Still, we can not name a specific date. Further details on the return of Colossos will be announced when all auditing and decision-making processes have been completed.
I can't help but think about this in relation to SW8, as it doesn't bode well in the long term if Merlin aren't willing to provide a sufficient budget for maintenance and repairs.
Dom

Heide park just released the following images on Twitter

lewis97
Admin
Admin

It seems Merlin have been consistent when it comes to two things relating to Ghostbusters 5D. The first is that it didn't open at the start of the season as it was expected to, with no new opening date given. The second is that these photos from CoasterFriends Forum show that they've incorporated shipping containers into the queue line.

Chris
Admin
Admin

This shipping container thing is getting silly now. Another run down looking, cheap ride that Phantasialand and Europa Park will be laughing at..

This photo kind of shows exactly how Merlin have had an affect on this park:

Pretty kids ride taken out middle left. Post apocalyptic / delapidated 'exciting' IP attraction that doesn't open with the park on time in middle centre, original wonderfully themed rapids in the centre, original pretty castle theming middle right, tacky temporary games stalls bottom right.

The park thrived without tacky attractions like this for two decades, and out of all of the Merlin parks, they really don't fit in there.
ThemeCrafter264

Ghostbusters 5D has now opened I believe, buy there has been no povs online
Owen

I personally really like the look of this attraction, but I see what you mean. Merlin are really terrible at theming things I mean look at Flug Der Damonen, The Swarm or Ghost Train - terrible!

In all seriousness I think this looks smashing (minus the two shipping containers) and is far more interesting to me than some of Europa Park's attractions. I will have to get out to Heide to experience this!
theparklifekid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS1mngwbjUE

This video from a news article gives us a brief glimpse of the ride POV.

It might look like nothing special, but I can guarantee that its better than the one over here at MotionGate! :lol
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
theparklifekid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDiy1WT47h0

The folks over at IMAScore have made a cool soundtrack for Ghostbusters 5D, its a cool take on the original theme and I think its pretty good.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
MakoMania

It appears that Heide Park has been hit with another round of cost cuts on top of the SBNO Colossos wooden coaster and Okti which closed in 2016 without replacement.

Now, the park have confirmed the closure of their main show venue as well as the live scare maze Krake Lebt. In addition, two flat rides are being shuttered: the Huss top spin (Aquaspin) and the Huss flipper (Lady Moon).

This is really bad news, the park has closed 6 attractions in less than a year!
Doesn't instill me with confidence in Merlin :-/
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Burniel

Glad to see Ripsaw's parts have been put to good use! :roll:

Heide Park is struggling, no denying it. The sad reality is that few people think of Heide when they think of top German theme parks, especially as Europa Park and Phantasialand continue to race ahead of the competition. I know I personally wouldn't bother visiting until (if) Colossos re-opens. Ghostbusters, while a good ride from what I can see, hasn't really done much for the park. I personally continue to forget the ride exists until I stumble across it again.

It's gutting to see another set of classic flats fall victim to Merlin's upsetting (but no doubt necessary) cuts. Here's hoping that the money saved from these rides can go towards getting Colossos back!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Owen

MakoMania wrote:It appears that Heide Park has been hit with another round of cost cuts on top of the SBNO Colossos wooden coaster and Okti which closed in 2016 without replacement.

Now, the park have confirmed the closure of their main show venue as well as the live scare maze Krake Lebt. In addition, two flat rides are being shuttered: the Huss top spin (Aquaspin) and the Huss flipper (Lady Moon).

This is really bad news, the park has closed 6 attractions in less than a year!
Doesn't instill me with confidence in Merlin :-/
And you say people have vendetta's against SeaWorld :lol

In all seriousness I very much doubt this is to do with these mysterious 'cuts' for the majority. It's a shame the show venue is closed for now (from what I can see it may be coming back). On the other hand, Krake Lebt hasn't been a 'scare maze' since 2015 and since 2016 is used for a Halloween only location not even under the Krake name, so yeah if it's not as popular why wouldn't they close it and try and utilise the space better. Speaking of the two flats - I'm quite glad the top spin and flipper have been closed, they wasn't in good shape and could have ended up getting to a state where it'd be dangerous for its riders. Rumours suggest something could be coming to one/both of the spots soon so fingers crossed!

I wonder if once (if let's be honest :lol) Colossos is done if it'll have a 'reopening ceremony' because I think that'd be fantastic for fans, esspecially if it's smooth on e again! :D
MakoMania

Owen wrote:And you say people have vendetta's against SeaWorld :lol
What do you mean? I love Merlin!

True, I have been very anti Merlin as of late, but I don't have a complete vendetta, I can ocasionally say some positive things about Merlin, sometimes :P

I like the way they implement Fastrack, there you go :)
Owen

MakoMania wrote:

True, I have been very anti Merlin as of late, but I don't have a complete vendetta, I can ocasionally say some positive things about Merlin, sometimes :P

:lol I'm only joking. I just found it coincidental that after it was mentioned about them not closing much across their attractions this pops up a little while later, I'm sure you can see what I mean ;)
MakoMania

Owen wrote:
MakoMania wrote:

:lol I'm only joking. I just found it coincidental that after it was mentioned about them not closing much across their attractions this pops up a little while later, I'm sure you can see what I mean ;)
:sus:

Honest coincidence I can assure you!