The Smiler Opening Meet - 23rd May 2013 – Discussion

Archive for past events.
Roodlesnouter

chris.pritchard.520 wrote: I'm going to be camping on Rue Hill because it's £5 a night and im broke as hell lols. This will be my first meet and first time to AT... so double cherry lols... really excited about meeting everyone :D
Look forward to meeting you and everyone else who will be there too, it's starting to look like it will be an epic meet.

Smile. Always :mrgreen:
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lexie

The opening weekend is also a couple of days away from my birthday, so I'm unofficially celebrating for the four days I'm there. Do feel free to pass the birthday girl a drink and watch me get hilarious. ;)
pritchardavid

I'm very tempted with this  :D
If I do it will be Sat/Sun. Anyone doing a Monday?
Is Chris the only one camping then? (As you may tell we have the same surname, were cousins, it's a very small world)
Last edited by pritchardavid on Sun May 12, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mono09

roodlesnouter wrote: Im well up for getting an early start.
what time are people thinking? Just wondering about what time the actual entrance opens...for cars,not tickets.
danhalen1985

Those who are going (I'm 50/50 at the moment), are you buying tickets in advance, or on the day? Anyone been collecting the 2 for 1 vouchers from Kellogs cereal boxes?
Aidan Lowe

^ I bought my ticket online, if you buy them in advance you can get in at 9am and this is perfect to form a queue for Smiler. Chances are after 10 you will get some school trips and others coming through, that's where it may get busy.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
djtidus

I have the £15 return tickets, am I right in thinking that I can enter the park at 09:00 with these but not gain any ERT on the rides?
Kenzie2012

Confirmed - Myself + 1

See you in the queue

Me and Carl will be up for a meal, as long as its not a sloppy joes we are in  :D

And as for the early start - we usually set off at 6am, we will be setting off 2 hours early for this.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Tue May 14, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Benji

Mabalzich wrote: ^ I bought my ticket online, if you buy them in advance you can get in at 9am and this is perfect to form a queue for Smiler. Chances are after 10 you will get some school trips and others coming through, that's where it may get busy.
Anybody can get in at 9am

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
MissEmiB

I'm doing saturday, will be absolutely packed but i just cant wait!
"Together We Are Bound For The Ultimate Correction. The Smiler. It's Time To Ride The Ride. It's Time To Smile! Do Not Resist. Join Us." - Miles Cedars.
DavidRock

Hi Guys,

Anyone travelling up from the Midlands (Birmingham/wolverhampton) ill be taking the usual route. leave Wolves train station at 6;40am get to stoke, quick bus to Hanley and then TRY to survive the 32A which is know is gonna be a nightmare. (I really need to learn to drive would be easier)

If anyone is getting the Bus me know.......Ill be wearing. Yamaha Tech 3 Monster Energy MotoGP jacket so come say hi.

:D

Just checked and I think First Travel have changed their timetable ??? Sure it was different in March wasn't there a 7:20am bus instead of the now 7;05am ???
Zach

Guys was I support to receive information about time and places ?
DavidRock

ATfanatic wrote: Guys was I support to receive information about time and places ?
Usually closer to the day you will receive info through a PM message detailing where to meet and what time.

Hope this helps
Rob
Admin
Admin

Details are currently being sorted out.

Meeting time of 9am and another morning time for those who like to sleep in. Location will be announced along with full details soon. 
Zach

Ill have to be later morning time as I do not plan to hang around waiting for people I want to be first on the smiler!!!
CoasterBen

Is anybody going from Uttox train station and fancy sharing a taxi to make it for 9am? Unless anyone has a spare seat in their car? Cheeky I know :P
Roodlesnouter

TT Smiler takeover, the way it going we could fill 3 trains.  :D
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DavidRock

roodlesnouter wrote: TT Smiler takeover, the way it going we could fill 3 trains.  :D
I agree to that  :D

We kinda did a half TT mine train takeover way back in March..... Even got you Roodles to take a cheeky pic on ride. So didn't know you had taken it
Adz
Admin
Admin

We'll be announcing full details shortly. However you can expect the format of the day to roughly follow this:

We'll obviously be meeting up first thing and heading immediately to The Smiler. The majority of our members will probably forgo ERT and opt instead to wait in X Sector for the ride to open.

Once we've been on The Smiler we have no set plan in place. Due to the nature of such a large group we'll almost certainly split into several smaller groups, though you are of course welcome to stay with the forum and site team in one large group if you prefer.

We'll be holding a second meeting time in X Sector towards the end of the day to regroup and reride The Smiler and other attractions within the area.

Once the park has closed a large majority will almost certainly stay around in the hotels for an hour or two afterwards.
snakey904

I am getting to Uttoxeter station from Nottingham so if someone going by taxi from there I don't mind sharing the fare with them inbox me for more details