The Smiler Opening Meet - 23rd May 2013 – Discussion

Archive for past events.
Zach

Is anyone dressing up ? Don't really want to be the only one haha :P
Aidan Lowe

chris.pritchard.520 wrote:I have a pass and plan to be at the smiler entrance ready for when the park opens  :D
That's pretty much the only reason I booked online in advance. I don't mind queuing around x-sector for an hour. 10am arrives and schools trips and others will be flowing in the park.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
djtidus

Just to let anyone know who is attending with the £15 return tickets. I have had it confirmed by alton towers that you can still enter the park at 9am with these but you will not have access to ERT for the opening day of the smiler.
silenthillXD

With all this talk about 9am starts I may have to join later in the day and start the day with coasterforce as I will probably be arriving at 9:45.
Aidan Lowe

I'm getting so pumped for this now, couple more days in work then get to see and ride this beast! :lol:

Expecting my get corrected hoodie today to wear on the day!
lindsay.j.chant

Ticket problem sorted, friend is now bringing her "little" brother who, shall we say, is a teeny bit excited.
Last edited by lindsay.j.chant on Mon May 20, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them, so that those who follow us may share in our triumphs.
jojolouise

I'm gutted I can not come up for the opening of The Smiler, but looking forward to seeing pics and hearing how it all went.
Hope you all have a fab day guys.
Aidan Lowe

I'm ready to see the Dr. now, I'm ready to get corrected!

It's basically the clues in the viral videos but printed on a hoodie, although I did a smiley face within the O instead of the word.

djtidus

Can't wait for this now, I plan to leave the wirral for around 6am get a McDonalds breakfast and try and beat the morning rush on the M6.

When will the meet details be confirmed?
Chris-TT

Please see the first post here for further information about Thursdays meet  8)
TheNigeC

You wont be able to miss me!
Look out for a bright green mohawk.
And a blood covered labcoat with smiler logo on it.

Like this:

;)
[align=center]I Could live on Nemesis! I want to travel the world visiting all the best Theme Parks!

FACEBOOK TWITTER INSTAGRAM [img]http://TUMBLR YOUTUBE

CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK
[/align]
Zach

Right I've got it all big black nd yellow socks and wristlets, yellow hairspray, smiler hoodie and face paint yes I will have the smiler painted on my face!
djtidus

So is this meet now cancelled seems though the smiler will not be opening tomorrow?
Kirsty25

I would imagine since some of the team are on site anyway, there maybe a mini meet but we will know more as more information filters through from the teams on site today.
djtidus

I still have tomorrow booked off work so if a mini meet went ahead I would still attend. beats sitting in the house all day  :(
Wes

The meet will still be going ahead - official details later today.
Aidan Lowe

I'll be using my ticket I pre-booked for October now, hope you all have a good time and shame I haven't got to meet you guys, yet!
Kirsty25

Although The Smiler is unlikely now to be be open tomorrow, the meet will still be going ahead.

We will be meeting on park at 11am outside The Fried Chicken Company in X-Sector.

We look forward to seeing you there

TowersTimes Team
Dan

I'll still be on park tomorrow and Friday.

Just rang up the hotel and had a bit of a rant about how im not in the position where I can change my hotel dates because of work commitments and asked if there's anything she could do for me in terms of discount. This wasn't possible but they're giving me 2x open dated tickets for another day in the season.

Still put a bit of a dampener on it as this was my birthday treat from the girlfriend but I'll still enjoy it nonetheless
Benji

Is anybody still on park tomorrow?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!