The Smiler Opening Meet - 23rd May 2013 – Who's going?

Archive for past events.
Chris-TT

At last we have a confirmed opening date for the biggest attraction in over a decade to join the line up of world class rollercoasters at Alton Towers! We realise this is very short notice and a week day, so not all members will be able to make it. For this reason we are extending this meetup over a few days to include the weekend.

For everyone lucky enough to be able to attend Alton Towers on Thursday May 23rd please reply to this topic with whether you can definitely make it, or are a maybe, and if you plan to visit more than one day. We will message you contact details and meeting points once you have confirmed.

After you have posted your post will be deleted and the list amended.

For any discussion relating to this meet-up please see: this topic.

Hopefully see you there!

TowersTimes Team
1) Chris-TT - Wed/Thu/Fri
2) Rob-TT - Wed/Thu/Fri
3) Ben-TT - Wed/Thu
4) Roodles - Wed/Thu/Fri
5) Luce - Thu/Fri
6) Adz - Thu
7) Hurri - Thu
8 ) Michelle - Thu
9+10) Baffles +1 - Thu/Fri

Members
11) Valler - Wed/Thu/Fri
12) Lee James  - Thu/Fri
13) chris.pritchard.520 - Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun (Maybe Mon)
14) Mabalzich - Thu
15) Lexie  - Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun
16) jayson2125 - Thu
17+18) Markwood71 +1 - Thu
19) snakey904 - Thu
20+21) brock69 +1 - Thu
22) Nocama - Thu
23) Mono09 - Thu
24) Mattfat1 – Thu
25) silenthillXD - Thu
26) djtidus - Thu
27) ATfanatic – Thu -
28) BulletMag Thu/Fri/Sat
29+30) TheNigeC+1 – Thu/Fri
31) YesCam Thu
32) marky.com Wed (eve)/Thu/Fri
33+34) Kenzie2012+1 – Thu
35+56) jamie.rivettcarnac+1 - Thu
37) Davidrock - Thu
38) Coasterben - Thu
39) luvshak75 - Thu (Maybe Mon)
40) hursty  - Wed/Thu/Fri
41) Samwise -Thu

Thursday Evening/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Boz - Fri(eve)/Sat/sun(morn)
lindsay.j.chant – Thu (eve)/Fri
Markylon - Thu (eve)/Fri
operationguard - Fri
LaurenceGough - Fri/Sat
Benji – Sat
lucy2244 +2 - Sat
Kautoluke - Sat
Cookejj1 +3 - Sat

Still to confirm
Kirsty25 Thu (Maybe)
Shangalaing Thu (Maybe)
nicksy111 - Thu/Fri (Maybe/Popping over to say hi!) 
Forza_Dan24 - Thu/Fri (Maybe)
Last edited by Chris-TT on Tue May 21, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris-TT

Only a few days to go until the meet, it's still not too late, we really hope you join us.

Here are a few more details for you:

Arrival:

Update (22/05/13 13:50) - Unfortunately The Smiler is unlikely to open tomorrow however we will still be meeting on park as detailed below:
  • 11.00 - 11:15am, outside ‘The Fried Chicken Co.’ (in X-Sector).
As above, if you miss the time slot, then call or message a contact to find out exactly where we are.

The Plan:

Firstly we will head over to X-Sector for some ride take-overs, starting with ‘The Smiler’!

Everyone will then have the opportunity to split into smaller groups for lunch, and have some free time to ride whatever you fancy. If you don’t want to split from the main group you certainly don’t have to. Don’t worry about feeling isolated absolutely no-one will be left out, or forgotten about!

We will then re-group at 3.45 – 4:00pm in Forbidden Valley by ‘Refresh@Ripsaw’.  Everyone can grab a drink or snack from here while we wait for others so it doesn’t matter if you’re early. We will then do some ride takeovers around the Forbidden Valley area until the end of the day, ride close is currently 5:30pm.

After the park closes we are planning to have a few drinks and an evening meal in ether in the Alton Towers Hotel, or a local pub. If you are interested, just let us know on the day. Everyone is welcome to join in, but please be aware, there will be a decidedly more "adult" humor and alcoholic theme to the evening, and so may not be suitable for younger members.

Points of Contact:

Chris-TT
Adz
Ben-TT
Feel free to add us to Facebook, if you would prefer to email us you can, however it might be a slower response:
We’re very much looking forward to meeting you all, and all the fantastical fun we're going to have! Remember, we are committed to making sure everyone has the best day possible, and no-one is left to feel excluded, or unwelcome.

See you all soon
The TowersTimes Team
Last edited by Chris-TT on Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexie

Slight alteration on dates: myself and Lee will now be arriving a day early and will be on site from 10.00am Wednesday. Lee is still due to leave on Friday, and I will be staying until Sunday afternoon.
Chris-TT

Anyone who is around today (Wednesday), first point of contact is Rob-TT, he will be around from park opening. Myself and Ben-TT will be around from about 11ish! Looking forward to the next few days  8)
lindsay.j.chant

Currently looking like Friday is definite for me. Thursday evening may be too early as I have to collect friend from the coach station at 7 PM and then hope her brother is ready to go (actually I think he's already packed and waiting from what I've been told) as we go past.
Saturday is dependent on them. But probably going to be there unless my back goes in a really bad way in which case they will be there and going on rides and I'll be watching.
Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them, so that those who follow us may share in our triumphs.
Kirsty25

I'm definitely not going unfortunately, I will however have a presence on the forum and TT Live awaiting your updates!
DavidRock

Hi Guys,

Sorry it's mega late notice but I now can't make the Thursday meet  :( due to a trip to hospital now.

Hope you guys have fun and ill be checking the updates as and when I can.

I'll definitely be on a future meet..... Now I've done my first meet in March there is no going back..

Have fun guys
Mono09

As much as I was looking forward to spending today celebrating the smiler opening & finally meeting some of you all, I won't be making the journey. I'm sure ill see you all for my first meet when this ride finally opens. have a great day regardless everyone.

Jordan
Kirsty25

I also am not attending due to work. I hope all those who are going has a fab time and I can't wait to see some meet pictures!
djtidus

Hi Every one, Just wanted to say I had a great time at the meet up yesterday. Was good to meet people and put some faces to names. Shame the car park attended did not let me keep my scribbled free parking pass from guest services.

Hopefully I will be able to attend more meets in the future :)

Peter
Boz

Hi guys

With regards to tomorrow (sat 25th), I'm not doing anything major, as it seems like there isn't going to be many of us there, and I'm the only team member on park.
That said, if anyone wants to say hi, or do lunch and a ride or two, please feel free to PM me for my number. I'll be happy to meet anyone, so please don't be shy about asking :)

Boz 8)
Roodlesnouter

Boz,

Myself and Rob will be onsite for ERT.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;