The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
bensaund

Alton are missing a trick here, get Dr Kelman as a Doctor and a few nurses, if they have a queue 2-3 hours long, then they need to be entertaining their staff and also many non enthusiasts may have a hint at what the MOJ is and where DR Kelman fits in.
If you go down to the woods today
ryanlovesaltontowers

Did anyone notice how on that Blue Peter documentary in the office where they seemed to have developed a lot of the Smiler, a poster was up in background detailing the Fried Chicken Company showing more theming, alternative logos including a Merlin variant of the KFC Colonel?
lighty89

Today I was just admiring the sun in the garden, and a helicopter flew over.
Being a bit of a geek I tried to look what it was as it was flying over really low.
I thought it was a police helicopter, dark with yellow.

Upon closer looking it was black and had The Smiler logo on it!!
A few of us saw it in my garden, didn't manage to get a picture though

Has anybody else seen this?

My sister works at Alton Towers and she said she had heard rumours about it.
DrCalman42

Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Here is a comparison of the girl in this new video compared to the old one:

(Thanks to Cheese off TS for the image)

She does look very similar...
The one on the left is really freaky imo. I mean look at her eyes, they just scream EVIL!
And yes, I reckon it's the same girl. Although she does look JUUUST a tad better on the right. I imagine you'll agree!
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort and enjoyment.
TimeAgain

Im just wondering whether there actually was a 'smiler branded helicopter' haven't heard any more about this, but I'd love to see any pics, does it actually exist?
Jack

I just figured that the guy who runs the AT youtube doesn't like to joke, as they uploaded their new video, I made a joke about it stalling (It ended up as a top comment :moj) but the guy removed it...please learn to joke :(
boatey

Just a point about the iPhone case, I visited last Sunday and they dont stock iPhone 4/4s cases only iPhone 5 cases. I cant believe it, I was so angry because iPhone 4/4s are way more popular. Over the whole day they only sold around 5?
I think they should bring back the 4/4s cases  :moj
Last edited by boatey on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love theme park they are my life. I would like to be a designer and want to start a collection of memorabilia from alton and thorpe
Martin

I want a keep calm and get corrected t-shirt
Do they do them in the shop?
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Owen

Wilson10 wrote: I want a keep calm and get corrected t-shirt
Do they do them in the shop?
No.
atyxyt

I really hope im not late, but i checked that twitter of the guy who was the filmer in Smile Always and i found out he was following Operation Smiles  :)
Jack

I just saw an ad for smiler and it's still saying 23rd of may, didn't know AT build Time Machines :lol:
TheOutpatient

I've been having some thoughts (lord help us, as my friend used to say), about the way the Smiler is Minimal in places.

I wondered if maybe the reason it has low detail, is so we can make suggestions as to what we would like to see added on top if it, which can then be produced? Since we are well known for rattling on about what we want to see lol.
I can see that been a pretty good way to market even though it interferes with true, unbound creativity - but this ride has already been made so creative power is out now anyway.

So just a thought there...
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/