The Smiler - Marketing

Smile always. New for 2013.
Heisenberg96

Two whole days and I still haven't saw the advert on TV, only on YouTube! Anyone have an idea how often the adverts get shown because I've been watching a lot of bbc, MTV, viva etc tonight and a lot of sky and itv yesterday but still no sign!
Kirsty25

Heisenberg96 wrote: Two whole days and I still haven't saw the advert on TV, only on YouTube! Anyone have an idea how often the adverts get shown because I've been watching a lot of bbc, MTV, viva etc tonight and a lot of sky and itv yesterday but still no sign!
It's apparently only being shown in selected regions. It's apparently been seen on C4, E4, FilmFour, ITV, C5, Dave, Sky One (that i can think have been mentioned)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Heisenberg96 wrote: Two whole days and I still haven't saw the advert on TV, only on YouTube! Anyone have an idea how often the adverts get shown because I've been watching a lot of bbc, MTV, viva etc tonight and a lot of sky and itv yesterday but still no sign!
Well BBC don't show adverts, and you're probably better off watching some of the more mainstream channels, like the ones Kirsty has listed!
Heisenberg96

Hm probably...I'd have assumed they weren't being shown in my region but I've got a few mates who've claimed to have seen it on TV and to be honest I wouldn't understand why alton would cut out merseyside...Liverpools a big city not far from Alton Towers and gains a lot of custom from here so I guess it would be wise to show it over here. Who knows ey! Guess Lewis is right, maybe if I watch some more TV like Dave I'll see it. Also should bare in mind I dont watch TV until 7pm because of school work at the minute...still just would have expected to have seen it by now :(
Last edited by Heisenberg96 on Tue May 21, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phild94

Just seen the advert on TV and it really has an impact....

I mean sat in a bar to watch 20-30 people all start staring at a muted TV screen.... that takes some skill XD

It looks so much better on TV than it does on the interweb.... i mean it has something to it.... looks like AT has brought back its magic :D

34 Hrs 6 Minutes

:moj

#getcorrected

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Dumblyz

Alton Towers have just confirmed on tweeter that the smiler wont be open tomorrow... :(
undeadarmy

The tweet just links here, so not really a confirmation.

http://www.altontowers.com/the-smiler-faqs/

I'm not sure.. I have a feeling it wont.
Jack

well, ads are still up, one was on literally a minute ago :)

Just want to add that I've seen the advert on Comedy Central (during friends last night)
Accidental whovian, sorry
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

I think the delay may of been an for seen problem, as they only sated the opening date in small writing at the bottom in the advert, like how banks use small prints "for us keeping your money you will give us your soul" ;) basically the gist of small print!
Anyway haha just a thought :D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
TheOutpatient

Has anyone else noticed there is a kind of head bopping that goes along with the "ha ha ha" bit in the music?
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
epicV3N0M

just saw ad in the simpsons ad break, jumped up from the sofa  :roll:
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. *stares at EXIT sign*
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Just saw the add since the news ( of the opening being delayed not the real news  :roll: ) and its still advertising as opening may 23rd I know it's not but Alton should of called for a stop or changing of the adverts as they can get into legal trouble, false advertising...
Now I know the disclaimer is on their still but what of the people just turn up on the gate, and don't check out their website?!

The smiler worlds first the longest coaster ever to be built which will never open and has a habit to change its mind!! 3 in 1 JW said there will be a few  ;)
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Wed May 22, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choking on your alibis

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Storm

yea just seen it on the adds for celeb mr and mrs and 23rd is on it. guess its to late to modify the date
dazza4783

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: Just saw the add since the news ( of the opening being delayed not the real news  :roll: ) and its still advertising as opening may 23rd I know it's not but Alton should of called for a stop or changing of the adverts as they can get into legal trouble, false advertising...
Now I know the disclaimer is on their still but what of the people just turn up on the gate, and don't check out their website?!

The smiler worlds first the longest coaster ever to be built which will never open and has a habit to change its mind!! 3 in 1 JW said there will be a few  ;)
At this rate Orphan Rocker will open before the smiler does  :lol:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

I just hate it when other news people's ;) get their fact wrong.... How hard can it be?!

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Te ... z2U6cevX6p

£15 million! Now I know, well I hope there hasn't been budget cuts, but all they had to do was simply google it them selfs and find out! We have been feed so much false information with the press haha
I feel so sorry for Alton it's becoming at bit of a train wreck! ( with all the problem haha the coaster is the complete opposite ;)
Choking on your alibis

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Mono09

Advert was just on the tv,but didn't have the date on the bottom of the screen...just height restrictions apply.
Lucieloo

Mono09 wrote: Advert was just on the tv,but didn't have the date on the bottom of the screen...just height restrictions apply.

Yes it was the same last night. We recorded it during Russel Howards show on Monday night and the date wasn't shown on there either!
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
Kirsty25

Mono09 wrote: Advert was just on the tv,but didn't have the date on the bottom of the screen...just height restrictions apply.
it was on the screen mid way through the advert in last night's on itv- the date of opening that is.
warrenashcroft

It's likely they had a "corrected" advert all along, with instructions in the campaign of which of the two to play when - no point in saying "Opens 23rd May" on and after 23rd May.

You can do alot of clever scheduling as part of your TV advertising campaign.