Smile always. New for 2013.
warrenashcroft

James-Allgood wrote:
samcam wrote:
warrenashcroft wrote: Here you go:

Enjoy!! :D
thank you so much!!!!!!!

theyve been deleted send them to me please? :(
The link in his quote has since been changed, click the link in my original post a few posts up.
DONT LOOK DOWN

The Smiler 30 sec advert shown on London telly (channel E4 I think). Not advertising any date at the moment.

:joy:
Being number two is just being the first to lose.
MissEmiB

Dont know if anyone has noticed but in the hotel shop and duel shop i have noticed a new merch addition/upgrade. The towers have now released a new monopoly - with the smiler taking up the place of mayfair and replacing TH13TEEN. No picture availible at the moment, bug it is availible at the towers today!
"Together We Are Bound For The Ultimate Correction. The Smiler. It's Time To Ride The Ride. It's Time To Smile! Do Not Resist. Join Us." - Miles Cedars.
TimeAgain

Cool, if anyone could get a snap of the monopoly, I'd love to see that!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TimeAgain wrote: Cool, if anyone could get a snap of the monopoly, I'd love to see that!
Well here's the box, from TowersStreet Facebook:

mitchellcollier

The Smiler advert on ITV just, it didn't include the bit that said, opens 23rd May so possibly we shall see a new advert with a new date soon ??
MatthewR1990

Well I've just seen the short Smiler advert on ITV HD. It's basically just the lasr 10 seconds of the original trailer. No release date, just says "book now".
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Themeparksandy1981

What I hate about this is they still plugging the Smiler during prime time tv. Not sure if every region sees the ad but as the park don't  have no clue when the ride gonna open. The normal GP don't know that the ride not open after watching that ad as they not fans of theme park websites. It's false advertising and Thorpe Park got done for it when they advertised Vortex new for 2001 and it wasn't even on site yet. 
iriderides101

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: What I hate about this is they still plugging the Smiler during prime time tv. Not sure if every region sees the ad but as the park don't  have no clue when the ride gonna open. The normal GP don't know that the ride not open after watching that ad as they not fans of theme park websites. It's false advertising and Thorpe Park got done for it when they advertised Vortex new for 2001 and it wasn't even on site yet.
Do you have any idea how expensive media bookings are?? If they cancel the booking you are looking a lot of wasted funds....much rather they advertised the ride than waste money. It isn't false advertising as they have not depicted a date which the ride is open. The ride still exists which isn't open yet...you see brands pre advertise products months before they are on sale pretty much the same concept. Don't forgot the majority of viewers are not gonna jump into their cars and go to alton towers the next day, most visitors will plan a date a view weeks in advance in which hopefully the ride will be open. If not then Alton Towers will have a problem for 'false advertising'
RCD27

In no way are they false advertising!

All it say's is book now. At now point during the advert does it say open now or give a date
Sonic Saw Stealth Smiler
Richardio123

I know this is changing the topic about the false advertising but don't cha think that the advert they put on YouTube with the Lights Etc would be a really good advert to play in cinemas. Just imagining how epic that would be. Only thought of this because I just played the video through my Bose speakers and it was rather good  :D :D :D
Signature Pending.. ;D
TheSmiler1998

Don't cha wish your boyfriend was hot like me, Don't cha!
Couldn't resist  ;)
Great idea though!
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
TheBoyWithOneEye

Maybe it might appear on watchdog ;)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Just a recent news article I came across HERE

Apparently there are '16 dizzying upside down moments'... and there is no mention of the ride being late, just that it's set to open in the next few weeks... Not the best article, I must say.
brick60000

lewis97 wrote: Just a recent news article I came across HERE

Apparently there are '16 dizzying upside down moments'... and there is no mention of the ride being late, just that it's set to open in the next few weeks... Not the best article, I must say.
Not sure whether I am over thinking things, but that article says 16 upside down moments.  I thought the coaster was only being marketed as having 14 inversions.  :roll:

EDIT: Or is it just the article being inaccurate?
Last edited by brick60000 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

brick60000 wrote:

Not sure whether I am over thinking things, but that article says 16 upside down moments.  I thought the coaster was only being marketed as having 14 inversions.  :roll:

As I highlighted, the article is incorrect. There are only 14 inversions.
brick60000

lewis97 wrote:
brick60000 wrote:

As I highlighted, the article is incorrect. There are only 14 inversions.
Ok.  However, I know this is probably the wrong topic as it is speculation, but could this be a slight leak of information regarding a potential secret element?
arsenalfan-1

Tbh, I doubt it. We've seen the POV and there is nowhere where another 2 inversions can go. :-k
Thanks Lewis97
TheSmiler1998

arsenalfan-1 wrote: Tbh, I doubt it. We've seen the POV and there is nowhere where another 2 inversions can go. :-k
That and the fact that's it a really bad article from some previously unheard of source!
16 upside down moments! That's even worse than 14 looping!  :roll:
Jeez it's a website that says that it's a place you can find up to date news on the print industry, not rollercoasters!
Anyone who believes that an absolute mug!  ;)
16 upside down moments (continues rant in an inaudible mumble)
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
brick60000

arsenalfan-1 wrote: Tbh, I doubt it. We've seen the POV and there is nowhere where another 2 inversions can go. :-k
Fair point, though one can always hope  :D