What type of major flat would you like to see next?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Krazycoaster

ManiaMuse wrote: I honestly think they just need something family friendly but on the more thrilling end. Even something like a Huss Breakdance, I know they're old-hat but put it in Ugland and theme it to wraiths or something.

Wasn't a Huss Topple Tower rumoured for a while?

Looks pretty cool, though can imagine it being a maintenance nightmare.
Huss Topple Towers have an awful record. They're plagued with downtime and i'm sure one toppled over somewhere  :lol:
Last edited by Krazycoaster on Mon May 06, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magerita

I would love if in the air car park they would dig a massive bit off it ,like oblivion deep or maybe just a bit shorter than that, and get a high, outdoor drop tower. I know there's Thirteen and Sub-Terra already ,but they're indoors, outdoors would defiantly be loads scarier!
My name's actually Rita ,so feel free to call me that  ahhah :P
jackgcse

Shame they cant put a small Vortex in the Blades position, that would look nice in that location.
If they could I would love to see them put a flat ride in the gardens in some place, I know finding the space and permission would be hard, but think about all the guests visiting the gardens!
sku11dude123

I thin Alton needs a motion ride, Simulation ride.
Themeparksandy1981

I think Since Submission Alton Towers have moved away from flat rides. Sub Terra really the only flat ride there added in the past 12 seasons.
Maseyg123

Robotic arms either in Dark Forest (Tree branches) or in X Sector (robots/machines.) Also a flat ride, I believe, is needed in Gloomy Wood, maybe a fast carousel with witches and ghosts, or a witch's pot carousel??  (not very good I have to admit...) :D

Robotic Arms... Image
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Sam198

Maseyg123 wrote: Robotic arms either in Dark Forest (Tree branches) or in X Sector (robots/machines.) Also a flat ride, I believe, is needed in Gloomy Wood, maybe a fast carousel with witches and ghosts, or a witch's pot carousel??  (not very good I have to admit...) :D

Robotic Arms... Image
You'd need an awful lot of them to even get close to the throughput required. The ride cycles would also have to be painfully short for the same reason.

Besides, I've ridden Weston Pier's KUKA model, and I can report that it's one of the most painful (and pointless) ride experiences I've ever had:

That's not to say the concept isn't outstanding, though. Forbidden Journey uses a very similar ride system (albeit not quite as maneuverable), and is easily the best dark ride on the planet by a country mile.
Last edited by Sam198 on Mon May 06, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirsty25

Maseyg123 wrote: Robotic arms either in Dark Forest (Tree branches) or in X Sector (robots/machines.) Also a flat ride, I believe, is needed in Gloomy Wood, maybe a fast carousel with witches and ghosts, or a witch's pot carousel??  (not very good I have to admit...) :D

Robotic Arms... Image
that looks totally painful... I wouldn't go on it tbh
LCFCjames

A Dark 4-D simulator would be a great addition to Hex :) but obviously it would cost loads and ruin what is already a good attraction. Still i think the Hex storyline would work well and create an immersive and different experience 8)
Krazycoaster

I'd love to see a Vekoma Pandora's Box. As far as i'm aware they haven't installed one yet and they look like they have great potential for an immensive dark ride  :D
http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/special ... dora-s-box
LCFCjames

Krazycoaster wrote: I'd love to see a Vekoma Pandora's Box. As far as i'm aware they haven't installed one yet and they look like they have great potential for an immensive dark ride  :D
http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/special ... dora-s-box
Looks like a great design! A promotional video of it can be seen here:
It would certainly create an immersive experience and would work well within certain areas of the park 8)
Sam198

NINJAwarrior360 wrote: I would like to se a scare maze/drop ride,

Imagen flying down the side of that, stood up!
Scare maze/drop ride, eh? So, Sub Terra? ;)

Towers could never get a decent sized drop tower (without going underground, of course), due to the obvious height restrictions.
Kirsty25

Stood up... ouch my bad knee :S
Sam198

Kirsty25 wrote:

Stood up... ouch my bad knee :S
It's the crotch that takes the beating on Apocalypse, to be honest.

*Cringes at the very thought of riding that thing again*
SuperWill

I would love to see a Mondial Top-Scan in Dark Forest! But I highly doubt this will happen but who knows? It could happen...

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
SamSimkin

I would quite like a drop tower in dark forest that goes deep underground, themed around pulling you into the dark forest roots.
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
Themeparksandy1981

I been going to Alton Towers for 20 years this year and below is a list of flat adult rides there added since/removed:

1993) Astro Dancer
1995) Energizer
1997) Ripsaw
2001) Submission
2012) Sub terra

That's quite bad when you think 2 of the 5 rides have already been removed from the park.

Also the Pirate ship/blade,Enterprise,Wave Swinger were added in the 80's.

I'm thinking to keep the flat rides fresh I think the park could think about renting/leasing them. Having all theses coasters is good but they really need more flat rides to make guests feel there getting there money's worth.
bensaund

I believe they are moving away from the travelling fair type of rides, Thorpe got rid of a load for example Calgary Stampeed and Chessington had an Astro dancer style ride at one point too.

If anything I would want good quality rides rather than one you could get at your local travelling fun fair.

The coaster above looks fantastic. I'd like to see a Vekoma suspended coaster like the Vampire in Gloomy Wood, that would work very well and be a great attraction for families.
If you go down to the woods today
clayj

bensaund wrote: I believe they are moving away from the travelling fair type of rides, Thorpe got rid of a load for example Calgary Stampeed and Chessington had an Astro dancer style ride at one point too.

If anything I would want good quality rides rather than one you could get at your local travelling fun fair.
The key to success for theme parks is to heavily theme & immerse relatively tame/standard rides into areas, such as Car's race rally @ DLP. CRR is basic off the shelf ride which has been adapted at DLP's request & now holds it's own weight in the park & still pulls large ques even on quiet days. I know there is an IP associated with the ride, but I dont think AT have to do this to get the crowds in - They would still pull a que & act as nice fillers/alternatives for the coasters, especially in the likes of GW or XS where the height restrictions cripple families with kids under height marks. The best example I can think of recently would be Heave Ho in MB.
bensaund wrote: The coaster above looks fantastic. I'd like to see a Vekoma suspended coaster like the Vampire in Gloomy Wood, that would work very well and be a great attraction for families.
I can't see AT copying an Arrow coaster built nearly 23 years ago, however, I do like the idea of adding a ride to GW. Last night I posted in A Future of 'The Edge' and Surrounding Areas about an idea of adding a woodie to the area themed to the style of GW copying the basic ground hugging layout of the Broomstick concept.
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
PSxyz

There's no debate when it comes too best British theme park, however there are a few rides from neighbouring park Drayton Manor that I wish Alton had.
1. Maelstrom (gyro/pendulum)
2. Apocalypse (drop tower)
3. Storm Force 10 (flume/wet ride) [i know its not a flat, but still]

+ a hot air balloon ride in the gardens, I know this could be tricky due too restrictions, it's footprint would be small, both are classical relaxing.