What type of major flat would you like to see next?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Coasterfellow

DannyG wrote:Think it'd be far to big for the space they have without removing enterprise too.
Looking at the space on Google maps you could fit the ride in without removing enterprise
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
RCandrew

It's annoying because with flat rides, they have to be quite big otherwise they become like 'amusement' rides and with Alton towers height restriction they can't have 'big'! In every major theme park, the best flats are the biggest! :(
Danny

That Fabbri contact has a base dimension of 19m x 19m. The length of The Blade has a length of 13m. This gives a rough idea of how big this ride would actually be and therefore wouldn't fit in submissions place.
Coasterfellow

But it could use the space in front and behind the space where submission occupied.
Danny

Behind submission is Oblivion's brake run, and they would need room for a queue so couldn't use the front either. I just don't think it would be possible.
stealthsmiler

Could a Fabbri Cataclysm work?? Similar to Submission only looks less painful and slightly taller, however with Blivy and smiler, I dont think the slight height increase would be a big problem. Otherwise, could the smaller model of the Fabbri Jupiter be squeezed in. Similar height to Submission, but may have a slightly larger footprint.
Danny

They may fit in, but wonder why people are looking for Fabbri's when everyone says how painfully uncomfortable they are :lol
Coasterfellow

You are probably right about the space required. It's a shame though. It looks like such a cool ride! A ride that they could put in submissions old space is a Mondial Shake. I like how you can affect how much you car swings :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyFJJCpV79M
stealthsmiler

Well how about a Mondial Heart Breaker. I think it looks really fun, and appears to be similar size to Submission, but only at a guess, don't have actual stats.

I'd love for a MOJ themed Zamperla Disk'o. Or Zamperla Midi Discovery.

Although it would have a very low throughput + capacity, some Moser Gyro loops lined up side by side would fit nicely as they are compact.

There's lot's of good mini versions of bigger flats, but they have ridiculously low capacity.

If it was my choice though, it would be a Zamperla Disk'o
Sr88

Sorry to sort of repeat what I said on the Submission convo, but here is my view on everything.

X-Sector:
A KMG Experience would be great, and could probably fit in the Submission space, although it doesn't have a particularly big capacity (maybe that could be increased though). I would like to see a company recreate the old Chaos fairground ride (similar to Enterprise but then goes completely crazy), which could then replace the slightly boring Enterprise.

Unless I am mistaken, AT has never had a KMG before, so that would be good. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a retheming of X-Sector to go with The Smiler while they are at it.

Adventure Land:
A KMG Speed Buzz would be really suitable for younger children and I can imagine the ride going really nicely in this area.

Dark Forest:
Not really sure what – almost anything could fit in nicely here if there is enough space.

Forbidden Valley:
Complete refurbish of Ripsaw to keep it going for another decade or so would be good – I always like Top Spin rides, and I cannot see AT getting another one after this

If there were space somewhere (which I am sure they will be able to find / make), they could squeeze in a KMG Tango (with increased capacity?). This is a classic, but as far as I am aware they have never made a permanent model of this ride.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a KMG Sicko replacing The Blade (although as The Blade is for a larger variety of ages, it may be unlikely to see something too big there). The capacity isn't too bad, although its size may be an issue (some significant ground modifications would be required).

As you may have guessed, I like KMG.

Katanga Canyon:
A Crazy Hopper would do nicely here. It suits the theme and is good for most age groups (providing it isn't the sort which hurts quite a lot).
Coasterfellow

They should get a Huss break dance and put it in the forbidden valley. It could be themed as a phalanx weapon that has been high jacked by the nemesis creature and it is now being used against them.
plong221

I'd like to see a themed Zamperla Air Race in the Dark Forest
stealthsmiler

It is quite a big ride though, although it does look fun.
Dom

Dark Forest could do with a family thrill ride. And although it isn't overly thrilling i think a twist of some description would suit Dark Forest. It could be themed really easily and it could be made to look like a spider spinning a web. Family friendly and can be quite fun too.
Coasterfellow

They wouldn't get an air race because Drayton Manor are getting one this summer.