RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
TheAltonTowersProject

Therideman11 wrote:
TheAltonTowersProject wrote:
Therideman11 wrote: Don't have rct2  :(
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rollercoaster-T ... oon+2  ;)
Thx for the link, but I'm on windows 7, does it still work?
In short, yes.

This should help! http://www.nedesigns.com/topic/24844/does-rct2-work-on-windows7/
DrReeve

In terms of download just use something like mediafire and post a link.
Image credit to Lewis97
Rob
Admin
Admin

mikecloud1984 wrote: I'd a) love to have a download of your recreation and b) Haven't played RCT2 for years - so would love the challenge!

Im in!
Wooo!  :D I'm looking forward to this!  ;)

Just to remind everyone, the park will be up for download regardless of if you're in the competition. Although, I will need some help with that as I'm not sure how I would make it available to download.  :)
We, TowersTimes would be happy to host it and make it available for download with credit given to you.
TheAltonTowersProject

Rob-TT wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote: I'd a) love to have a download of your recreation and b) Haven't played RCT2 for years - so would love the challenge!

Im in!
Wooo!  :D I'm looking forward to this!  ;)

Just to remind everyone, the park will be up for download regardless of if you're in the competition. Although, I will need some help with that as I'm not sure how I would make it available to download.  :)
We, TowersTimes would be happy to host it and make it available for download with credit given to you.
Thank you so much! I guess that'd be the easiest way to do it!  :) Have you given any more thought about entering the competition?
Rob
Admin
Admin

I'll decide once I see the final version.
TheAltonTowersProject

Rob-TT wrote: I'll decide once I see the final version.
Sounds good! Should have an update in the next 30 minutes.
TheAltonTowersProject

A few screenshots of my progress.

The Duel building looks ugly, the manor especially, but I'm not really going for detail, more a of a sense of how things will look and how 'big' things are going to be. Essentially all the work I've done so far is merely for measurements and inspiration for the main version.

The little cafe is also ugly. I have no curved walls/roof so I just improvised.

I've done some more work on the foliage in Katanga Canyon, some of which is out of shot towards the lake.

I've also decided that when I work on the main version, I will explore the possibilities of custom supports. I think this will take my coaster recreations to the next level and will add a lot to the park... if done well.

Any criticism is welcome!
Last edited by TheAltonTowersProject on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altitude

TheAltonTowersProject wrote:I've done some more work on the foliage in Katanga Canyon, some of which is out of shot towards the lake.
Just thought you should know ;)
TheAltonTowersProject

Altitude wrote:
TheAltonTowersProject wrote:I've done some more work on the foliage in Katanga Canyon, some of which is out of shottowards the lake.
Just thought you should know ;)
I'm actually dying, my sides!!!!!
Altitude

Hahahaha excellent work though!
TheAltonTowersProject

Altitude wrote: Hahahaha excellent work though!
Haha thanks! Truth be told, I wish I could make things look more refined, but with the lack of scenery I have, I'll just settle for things to be a bit 'tacky'.

Although, I am very excited for when I select the scenery for the final version. Should be cool to have things looking a bit more pleasing.
TheAltonTowersProject

So today I am writing up the specifications of the SW8 competition! If you have entered yet and you want to, you're more than welcome to.  :)
TheAltonTowersProject

So far we have mikecloud1984, jackandylan123, jamesc, DrReeve and Altitude in the competition. There are unlimited spaces so if you want to join-in, you are more than welcome!

The competition will start the moment my RCT2 Alton Towers is available for download. From this point you will have either 2 or 3 weeks (To be confirmed) to download the park and create your version of Secret Weapon 8.

There are no rules. Build to your hearts content, there are no restrictions on what you can build, however your progress will be marked out of ten in certain categories. Some of these include...

Marketability - Would your ride sell to the public, or just fellow coaster enthusiasts?

Realism - Would your ride comply with local planning restrictions?

Themeing - Alton Towers have a history of well-themed rides... mostly. Does yours continue the trend?

Layout - Rita being the exception, Alton Towers' coasters are all custom-built for the park.

Efficiency - Would your ride be efficient enough to operate and make a profit for the park?

Creativity - Who would have dreamed of a vertical-drop coaster at AT over 15 years ago? Be creative.

There are many more categories which will be revealed in time. For each competition entry I will write a review and give each one a score.

Ultimately I am looking the best SW8 idea you can produce. The sky is the limit, you can do anything you want. Removing Nemesis or Rita might not be the most realistic idea, but if that is what you want to do, so be it! You can even make an entire new themed area if you have enough space and time. Alton Towers is ultimately a family resort, so whether you've made a 200ft cross-valley beast or a 50ft kiddie-coaster, every entry will be judged based on the criteria provided and not on the 'size' per say.

Any questions, just ask!  :D
Altitude

I am way too excited for this. My inner nerd is coming through haha!
DrReeve

TheAltonTowersProject wrote: Image

So far we have mikecloud1984, jackandylan123, jamesc, DrReeve and Altitude in the competition. There are unlimited spaces so if you want to join-in, you are more than welcome!

The competition will start the moment my RCT2 Alton Towers is available for download. From this point you will have either 2 or 3 weeks (To be confirmed) to download the park and create your version of Secret Weapon 8.

There are no rules. Build to your hearts content, there are no restrictions on what you can build, however your progress will be marked out of ten in certain categories. Some of these include...

Marketability - Would your ride sell to the public, or just fellow coaster enthusiasts?

Realism - Would your ride comply with local planning restrictions?

Themeing - Alton Towers have a history of well-themed rides... mostly. Does yours continue the trend?

Layout - Rita being the exception, Alton Towers' coasters are all custom-built for the park.

Efficiency - Would your ride be efficient enough to operate and make a profit for the park?

Creativity - Who would have dreamed of a vertical-drop coaster at AT over 15 years ago? Be creative.

There are many more categories which will be revealed in time. For each competition entry I will write a review and give each one a score.

Ultimately I am looking the best SW8 idea you can produce. The sky is the limit, you can do anything you want. Removing Nemesis or Rita might not be the most realistic idea, but if that is what you want to do, so be it! You can even make an entire new themed area if you have enough space and time. Alton Towers is ultimately a family resort, so whether you've made a 200ft cross-valley beast or a 50ft kiddie-coaster, every entry will be judged based on the criteria provided and not on the 'size' per say.

Any questions, just ask!  :D
What rides are already included in the game
Image credit to Lewis97
Fish777

I will be competing if i get the game.
When is th competition going to be?
mattiepearce

Therideman11 wrote: I will be competing if i get the game.
When the park is made available to download.
Fish777

Coastermadpearce wrote:
Yeah, I got that bit, but when's the park available for download?
TheAltonTowersProject

Therideman11 wrote:
Coastermadpearce wrote:
Yeah, I got that bit, but when's the park available for download?
So far, I don't know. But when I do know, I will post a date. The moment the park is completed it will be available.

DrReeve wrote: What rides are already included in the game
I will post that once I know. Should have every roller coaster, though. :D
Altitude

Some people need to learn how to read posts properly!