RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Altitude

It's as accurate as you can get it, and it looks fab!
N3m3s1s

Looking great. Just a heads up, Rita's highest points are black, not blue  :)
Boz

don't mean to sound rude, but your either colour blind, or your display has a fault.
Rita's high points are green, and he has got them right (although the shade is a bit light)
TheAltonTowersProject

N3m3s1s wrote: Looking great. Just a heads up, Rita's highest points are black, not blue  :)
As it's been said, there must be something wrong with your screen or something like that, as the colour used is as close as you can get to the actual colour on RCT, without it being either too lime or black, as far as I'm aware at least. Although, I'm not sure where you got blue from? :)

Anyway, this was the first picture I found. Not the best, but I think it's still easy to see the track is indeed green. It's a lot easier to see actually in-person, or especially if you compared it to 13's or The Smiler's track.

Anyway... I should have a minor update on the park tonight. Tomorrow I may be starting a new project, however it won't slow down my Alton Towers.

Let me know what you think, all feedback is helpful! :D (Unless you're colourblind.)
Tom

If you want to make Rita a bit more realistic you can use a chain lift on the launch track, then use the 8 cars per trainer to set the chain at 60mph.

You can download it here (website I made to back up a load of utilities that were slowly disappearing a while back) - http://tomrobbo.com/rct/3-utils.php

Just make sure you regularly save and make backups.
DrReeve

Boz wrote: don't mean to sound rude, but your either colour blind, or your display has a fault.
Rita's high points are green, and he has got them right (although the shade is a bit light)
Although they might look black in some photos its a very dark green. To blend with tree tops right?
Image credit to Lewis97
Ripsaw Raver

13 looking good however... with some track merging you could get it going backwards atleast, hence why i linked you to that park, my ride HEX had you enter a top area come upto a statue, roll back through the same room and then go into a surprise drop
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
TheAltonTowersProject

Tom-TT wrote: If you want to make Rita a bit more realistic you can use a chain lift on the launch track, then use the 8 cars per trainer to set the chain at 60mph.

You can download it here (website I made to back up a load of utilities that were slowly disappearing a while back) - http://tomrobbo.com/rct/3-utils.php

Just make sure you regularly save and make backups.
I've used 8-cars to get a launch on the giga track. I prefer using the launch rather than the chain-lift method as it increases the excitement slightly. When I used the chain-life, all the ratings were 'low'.
Ripsaw Raver wrote: 13 looking good however... with some track merging you could get it going backwards atleast, hence why i linked you to that park, my ride HEX had you enter a top area come upto a statue, roll back through the same room and then go into a surprise drop
The switch track/backwards element will be done when I add scenery. The pictures you can see are the very, very basics of the area. I did the same for Nemesis, but I never added the pictures of that when I was first building it.

Thanks for all the feedback, going to get some done today after a very boring day! Note to self; Jubilee Odyssey is huge, probably one of the most under-rated coasters in the UK.
TheAltonTowersProject

DrReeve wrote:
Boz wrote: don't mean to sound rude, but your either colour blind, or your display has a fault.
Although they might look black in some photos its a very dark green. To blend with tree tops right?
As far as I'm aware that is correct, due to the fact that Rita's high-points are quite isolated.

Air's lift hill is black, although I'm not 100% sure if it's for the same reason.
TheAltonTowersProject

Sorry for the lack of updates the past couple of days! I've got my Royal Marines interview tomorrow so I've had to prioritise things, however I should be able to have a beautiful update tomorrow evening! ;)
TheAltonTowersProject

I really do apologise, yet again there is no update. I tried to do some work this afternoon however there was a problem with my game. If I've lost my work I will probably be on suicide watch. Probably won't be able to update tomorrow either, however I will have MANY updates come Saturday, trust me!

Sorry again.
N3m3s1s

My bad! Sorry for any insult caused!  :oops:
RollercoasterGEEK100

Any updates?

Credit to NemesisRider
TheAltonTowersProject

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Any updates?
Not just yet! However, I am going to start doing the layout of Dark Forest tonight, and hopefully I will have a few updates and pictures tonight too :)

Tomorrow night and Saturday I will have a lot of time to carry on with the project, as the last 3-4 days I've had almost no time to even look at RCT. Anyway; as I said, I hope to have a couple of pictures tonight :)
TheAltonTowersProject

GOOD NEWS

I am working on the project once-again, and will have updates tonight. What's more, I plan to spend a lot of time on it tomorrow to make up for lost time, I see my forum rivals are sending out updates here, there and everywhere! ;)

If you have any questions, post them NOW!!!! :)
Airtime

Of course the park will be available to be downloaded once complete, not for half a year though at the earliest :)

Guys if you think this is "good for RCT2", you've seen nothing. Seriously [url=http://www.nedesigns.com=]NEDesigns[/url] has some mind blowing RCT parks that are way better than this.

New screen: Neptune's Kingdom

With several rides to choose from, this fishy themed area in the centre of the park will keep the little ones happy.

This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired, remember :)
Yeezus just rose again!
RollercoasterGEEK100

This is amazingg! Can we see some Nemesis Inferno?

Credit to NemesisRider
TheAltonTowersProject

Okay, nothing major, but I hope it's enough to get your apatite going!

Just laying the foundations for 13's stations and scenery. I plan to finish 13's station, do the queue then work my way from the start of the queue, eventually working my way up towards Rita.
Altitude

Looks great already! Where did you get the catwalks from, out of interest! :)
TheAltonTowersProject

Thank you so much! To be completely honest, I don't know. I used to download a lot of RCT2 parks 'back in the day' when I did my own projects, so I just picked them up from other parks. At the moment they don't fit my rides perfectly, but I've got better ones that I will use when I make the final version of the park.

Tomorrow I hope to sort out 13's station and the switch-track at the very least.