RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
TheAltonTowersProject

SORRY FOR NO UPDATES!! I've had so much work for 2 weeks, RCT has been a certain no-go as I've simply not had time.

However, this morning I touched-up on my 13 and Rita concepts, and things are going well. My next stage is to complete 13's stations and the foliage around the track. After that, I plan to work on the mammoth 13 queue, linking that up to the little plaza at the far-end of Rita.

I built my Forbidden Valley in the same sense, building out from one focal point. In FV's case, I started with Nemesis' first helix and worked away from that, as I find this building method to be a lot easier when recreating real parks, such as in this scenario.

Anyway, here is my latest update, and I plan to bring you MANY more over the next few weeks and I should have the next one either tonight or tomorrow evening!

Let me know what you think, pls n0 h8.

TheAltonTowersProject

I'm doing the 'boring part' of the project now, trying to work on 13's foliage. Not as fun as building the coaster, but is vital to ensure the realism of the project. Anyway, here is my latest update. May not look like much, but again; I've been doing more planning than building. Progress should be speeding up soon.

I'd appreciate feedback.
DrReeve

TheAltonTowersProject wrote: I'm doing the 'boring part' of the project now, trying to work on 13's foliage. Not as fun as building the coaster, but is vital to ensure the realism of the project. Anyway, here is my latest update. May not look like much, but again; I've been doing more planning than building. Progress should be speeding up soon.

I'd appreciate feedback.
looking great keep up the work
Image credit to Lewis97
TheAltonTowersProject

Thank you very much.

The first concept of Dark Forest will probably look sh*te, as I've not got all the scenery needed yet, so don't be alarmed if it's not up to scratch.

Hope to do more with it tonight, and hopefully have another update before 11.
garfield3gs

just come across this ! looking really good, there is a really good rct site called http://www.nedesigns.com/ you check it out and post your progress on there. love rct2 myself so will be keeping an eye on this good luck hopefully more progress soon
TheAltonTowersProject

garfield3gs wrote: just come across this ! looking really good, there is a really good rct site called http://www.nedesigns.com/ you check it out and post your progress on there. love rct2 myself so will be keeping an eye on this good luck hopefully more progress soon
Thank you very much!

The work on there is far too good for this standard I believe. Most parks on their are finished pieces of art, more than parks, maybe if I get my park finished and the final version complete, I may upload it.

I hope to get some progress done by the weekend. The last 3 weeks have been slow for me.
TheAltonTowersProject

Apologies all round, the project was finished. I had no time at all, not touched the park for nearly a month, I've simply had no time!

If people still want me to continue the park, then I will as I enjoyed it a lot, so let me know if I should.
Dr.Kelham

I personally think you should, it's create to see a park coming to life with this detail.
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Altitude

I agree. Keep up the good work!
garfield3gs

TheAltonTowersProject wrote: Apologies all round, the project was finished. I had no time at all, not touched the park for nearly a month, I've simply had no time!

If people still want me to continue the park, then I will as I enjoyed it a lot, so let me know if I should.
I think you should carry it on, and if you need any help I don't mind doing bits for you ?

Garfield
jamesc

Yes, please carry on as there is a very big lack of up to date real parks for RCT2.

Am thinking of building a RCT2 website with all the great real parks and custom rides that was ever made, before its lost as many RCT2 sites over the years sadly have.

When, and if I get my website done I could put your Alton Towers park on there if you would like?
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
garfield3gs

jamesc wrote: Yes, please carry on as there is a very big lack of up to date real parks for RCT2.

Am thinking of building a RCT2 website with all the great real parks and custom rides that was ever made, before its lost as many RCT2 sites over the years sadly have.

When, and if I get my website done I could put your Alton Towers park on there if you would like?
Would be good to see a new rct site out there, check out the one I posted a few posts up that is amazing !
Airtime

^Thank you! And Nemesis Inferno isn't quite ready to be shown yet but it has a good and fairly accurate layout. You can see my old Nemesis Inferno inspired creation in RCT1 LL here though called Inferno:
http://www.nedesigns.com/park/map/1966/inferno/
http://www.nedesigns.com/park/download/2153/inferno/

New(ish) Screen: Logger's Leap

Wet and wild log flume ride through the Canadian Rockies. Logger's Leap has the highest flume drop in the UK. Your log will travel through wet rapids, a dark plunge, a rocky canyon and past the Canada Creek Railway. From the crest of the ride guests can view the whole park as they drop down 35 feet into the water trough below.
Yeezus just rose again!
TheAltonTowersProject

I AM BACK

Didn't miss me? Oh, I guess that's understandable.

Anyway, I stopped working on this project as I had no time for it.

There's a lot more work than just 'turning on the laptop, popping in the disk and making things look like they're from Alton Towers'. And, after a trip to AT just yesterday, I was given new inspiration.

I really enjoyed working on this, and I had a few followers here too!

Anyway, I will post a picture to remind you of the work so far. I plan to make some progress tonight!
TheAltonTowersProject

As I was distraught by the fact that I have SO MUCH more work to do on this thing, I decided to make a start tonight. So far this is my progress.

If you followed the project before, you'll know that this is the first 'version' of my recreation. I plan to keep adding to every area of the park until I make the end product.

Anyway, as you'll see in the pictures I provided, I had a wonderful time sorting out Rita's queue and the plaza-style area. Overall I think I've done a decent job so far. I've gone to the liberty of adding 13's single rider queue, and my next move will be to add the main queue itself (Can't wait!) and then work on the station so it looks less like a block.

Let me know what you think of it.

P.S When I was on my 'scouting mission' yesterday, I realised that recreating The Smiler is going to be the hardest part of the project. If anyone wants to give me a hand somehow, let me know! Thanks guys!
Rob
Admin
Admin

Looks brillant, can't wait to see the finished article.
TheAltonTowersProject

Thank you! I have a busy few days coming up, won't be able to work on it for a few days so I'm going to try and finish Dark Forest before Tuesday.

Any ideas on which section I should do next?
Fish777

mutiny bay?
TheAltonTowersProject

Mutiny Bay would be a very easy part of the park to recreate I believe, and I have done it before when I first attempted Alton Towers, before my game broke.

I'm thinking of doing Katanga Canyon next though, as then I could try and link it in with my Forbidden Valley along with Gloomy Wood, but I'll do what is most popular.  :D
TheAltonTowersProject

Quick little update.

I changed the paths for DF to match my FV, it took a while but I think it looks better.

This is pretty much the eastern-side of Dark Forest finished now, with the odd bit of touching-up.

Finally started working on 13's station. Next I will work with the queue and the foliage around the track.