RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Altitude

I also vote Dark Forest next! :D
TheAltonTowersProject

Dark Forest is a real possibility! It would be nice to place my FV and Dark Forest together, so I will get a rough idea of how much work I'll be doing on the valleys and gardens. It would make a change from the hectic amount of terrain I've had to deal with. Basically just Rita, 13 and a lot of path, in a nutshell at least.

I'll get working on FV, and when I post pictures of my work tonight, I will include my basic Rita and 13. :)
DrReeve

Have you seen Forbidden valley made by towers almanac that's what I call good if not download it. Get the whole park to that sorta standard and then you have a project
Image credit to Lewis97
TheAltonTowersProject

I have, and at first-thoughts it's impressive. However, the more you look at it, the uglier it is.

The foliage is very bland, and just looks lazy. The paths don't work at all, I'm not sure what the idea of the layout is, and finally; the buildings are far too 'blocky'.

In my humble opinion, my project (If you're willing to call it that) is far more aesthetically pleasing, and the path layout is far more accurate.
clayj

I used to run an RCT1 site. Feel free to take a look at my recreation in RCT1 ... RealRCT

Due to the limitations of the max land size in RCT1 everything is cramped.... Very cramped, hence why there was a FV only recreation as these were done in the years Air was only just launching.

Go to Real Park > English Parks > Voila
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
TheAltonTowersProject

Posting a couple of pictures of Air, almost finished! The only thing left to do is the station and my first version is complete! So far I'm deciding the next section of the park to do, with Dark Forest being the favoured option. Let me know what you think of the pictures when I post them! :)
TheAltonTowersProject

As promised, the (almost) finished article of Air. Mainly, the station is the main part left, but obviously I am getting this down to a T, therefore it will be a few more days before it is completed, then I will get the rest of FV completed.

Last edited by TheAltonTowersProject on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAltonTowersProject

Unfortunately the project's slowed down lately, however my Forbidden Valley concept is finished (practically). The foliage and landscape around the 'out-skirts' will be done when the actual park is pieced together, otherwise I will probably end up making each section too big to fit. There are still 1 or 2 bits and bobs that need work, but other than that, it is finished.

Air

Nemesis

The Blade + Stalls

Ripsaw

Entire Area

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. I'd really appreciate your feedback! Let me know which section to do next, thanks!
Altitude

This is excellent! It's obvious you've put a lot of time, thought and care into this creation. It's truly inspiring! :)
TheAltonTowersProject

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means to me. :D

I'm considering making two parks. The recreation you see before you, and then changing it to cater for a real RCT park, so I will add the shop, stalls and probably move the layout around so the thick guests don't converge in to one corner.

As for the next section, I think Dark Forest is probably next. Personally, I don't like the area in real life, but I'm looking forward to starting it, as it will give me a great representation of how much of the gardens and valley to build.
Ripsaw Raver

So far looks great, i would suggest something different for the SubTerra building and maybe some of the actual ride signs,if you download the ForbiddenValley rct2 recreation you will find some very helpful scenery there
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
TheAltonTowersProject

Ripsaw Raver wrote: So far looks great, i would suggest something different for the SubTerra building and maybe some of the actual ride signs,if you download the ForbiddenValley rct2 recreation you will find some very helpful scenery there
Thank you for the feedback!

I'm still to really focus on the 'top' of FV, hence why I just stuck on a very generic box over Sub-Terra.

When I started the project, the first part I built was the first helix of Nemesis. I went on to complete the track, build the flat-rides and then just stopped when I reached Sub-Terra. That is probably why it looks a bit tacky. After that I worked from Nemesis towards Air and since finished the area, with just the arcade and Sky Ride station to do. Once I've done that, I'll give Sub-Terra a nicer look.

With regards to actual ride signs; as much as it would add to the aesthetic look, I am trying to limit the amount of custom scenery I use.
TheAltonTowersProject

As promised, I am starting Dark Forest next. However, I won't be able to work on the project over the coming days due to other commitments, but I will still provide at least a couple of updates each day.

Anyway, here is my first concept of 13. I decided to use the wooden roller coaster trains on the mini roller coaster tracks as it looks far more realistic, in my opinion.

Covered up my 'secret' element, for banter.
Ripsaw Raver

ok looks good but i would recomend the standard woodie car with 5 cars on it, personaly i think that would help you. If you go on CoasterCrazy and look for a park called ThorpePoint Holland you will find my rendition of Th13teen back when we were speculating tilt track and it was still sw6 But either way there maybe be some inspiration for you.

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/15332
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
TheAltonTowersProject

Ripsaw Raver wrote: ok looks good but i would recomend the standard woodie car with 5 cars on it, personaly i think that would help you. If you go on CoasterCrazy and look for a park called ThorpePoint Holland you will find my rendition of Th13teen back when we were speculating tilt track and it was still sw6 But either way there maybe be some inspiration for you.

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/15332
Originally I planned to use the standard woodie cars, but for some reason I can't get them to run on that track, I can only have 4 cars at a time, therefore I decided to use the 6-seater cars, as it made the trains look marginally longer.

Thanks, I'll certainly look at it tonight. Obviously my 13 is just the layout of the track, so it will be nice to have some inspiration for scenery!
TheAltonTowersProject

Just to update, I'm going to bring pictures of the NEW 13 I've made, it's a lot better than the one I've already posted, stick around!
TheAltonTowersProject

Right, I really cocked-up on my first 13 concept. The layout was horribly wrong, and I am surprised that nobody really told me. Anyway, here is the new one, and it's as close to the real thing as you'll get on RCT2... probably.

I decided to stay with the 6-seater woodies as, like before I can only place 4 cars on a train, for some reason, therefore using 3 6-seaters is the better choice for capacity.

The entire layout. To compensate for the fact that you can't have anything even similar to 13's inside element, I just simply used a block brake as you enter what will be the station, then make the train helix its way back down to the station.

Please let me know what you think! :)
Altitude

This looks great! Again, a serious well done from me :D
Can't wait to see it themed!
TheAltonTowersProject

Thank you! I'm embarking on a little 'scouting trip' to Alton Towers soon, so I need to make some notes on the scenery! Going to start making making Rita to get a rough idea of the area I'm working with, and I may have a picture of that up by tonight.

Come tomorrow evening, I should have started the scenery.
TheAltonTowersProject

So this if my first concept of Rita. I think the position in relation to 13 is as accurate as possible. Although the layout of Rita isn't correct, it's probably impossible to recreate on RCT2 due to the nature of her large turns. Let me know what you think.