RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
TheAltonTowersProject

DrReeve wrote:
TheAltonTowersProject wrote: Due to some events, I won't be able to post an update tonight.

To make up for this, I will dedicate my morning tomorrow on the park and may even get some work done tonight!

Anyway, expect my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow, at around 7pm.  :D
Im waiting :P
30 minutes!  ;)
TheAltonTowersProject

YES THAT'S RIGHT, TIME FOR MY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

As you can see, this is serious.

Do you play RCT2??
Do you like Alton Towers????

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this competition is for YOU!

What do you have to do to win, you may ask. Well, that's a good question.

It's simple! You just have to download the park (when it's up for download), and simply create your very own Secret Weapon 8. Want to build a 250ft B&M? DO IT. Want to build a floorless, stand-up, inverted 20-looper? DO IT!!!

To apply for the competition, simply reply to this saying so, and you'll be entered. The competition will start as soon as my Alton Towers is available to download, from which time you'll have a few weeks, although I am yet to decide a time, to create your masterpiece and submit it here!

The rules of the competition and the 'scoring system' will be revealed in good time. The main restrictions are obvious, must comply with regular building codes Alton Towers has in-place. As I said, the other restrictions and rules will be posted shortly.

I'm hoping to have at least 4 competitors enter to make the competition interesting. If you want to join, you are more than welcome, the more the merrier!

If you have any questions, post them ASAP and I will reply. Those who enter can take all the time to plan their designs and play around with the possibilities, but as soon as the park is released, you only have a set time to start and complete your work before submitting it.

Good luck to everyone! This is just a bit of fun, but also going to be cool to see what you can do with the possibilities, and also to see who can produce the best SW8
Last edited by TheAltonTowersProject on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrReeve

im in :P
Image credit to Lewis97
TheAltonTowersProject

DrReeve wrote: im in :P
Finally! I was getting worried nobody was interested!  ;)

Once we get 2 or 3 more people involved, I will release the rules and specifications!  :)
Fish777

Don't have rct2  :(
TheAltonTowersProject

Therideman11 wrote: Don't have rct2  :(
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rollercoaster-T ... oon+2  ;)
Jack

I'll do it :D
TheAltonTowersProject

jackandylan123 wrote: I'll do it :D
Thank you!  :D So, that's 2!  ;)
jamesc

Me I want in too, it's going to be fun and interesting seeing what we all come up with for SW8. :lol:
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
TheAltonTowersProject

jamesc wrote: Me I want in too, it's going to be fun and interesting seeing what we all come up with for SW8. :lol:
Absolutely!  :D I'm interested to see if someone can whip out a 'cross-valley' coaster... legend says it's still an idea  ;)

3 people so far tonight is amazing! Would love to get a couple more people on-board  :D
Rob
Admin
Admin

I think once the resort is completed and all together you will get a few more people on board, even I might give it a go.
mikecloud1984

I'd a) love to have a download of your recreation and b) Haven't played RCT2 for years - so would love the challenge!

Im in!
TheAltonTowersProject

mikecloud1984 wrote: I'd a) love to have a download of your recreation and b) Haven't played RCT2 for years - so would love the challenge!

Im in!
Wooo!  :D I'm looking forward to this!  ;)

Just to remind everyone, the park will be up for download regardless of if you're in the competition. Although, I will need some help with that as I'm not sure how I would make it available to download.  :)
TheAltonTowersProject

Rob-TT wrote: I think once the resort is completed and all together you will get a few more people on board, even I might give it a go.
I'd love to have you on-board!

Progress update; Gloomy Wood is taking shape and the main structure of Duel's building is finished. I will post a picture when the area is completed.
Altitude

I'm up for it too! Are there spaces left?
TheAltonTowersProject

Altitude wrote: I'm up for it too! Are there spaces left?
Unlimited spaces! The more the merrier  :)

So I decided to 'test' my Katanga Canyon/Gloomy Wood by pouring guests in to it, making sure the path layouts and such worked.

Hahaha I have no idea why I find these pictures so funny! Anyway, the Rapids were a massive success and it had up to 500 guests queuing for it  :D RMT and Duel also had full queues.
Altitude

It's looking great already, but when it's finished, it'll look spectacular!

Keep going :D
TheAltonTowersProject

Thank you so much!

The only problem is the fact that I am too excited to finish it, so I'm worried that I may start to rush the project and the quality may lower.
TheAltonTowersProject

Tomorrow lunch-time I will write-up the specification and details of the competition.

If you haven't entered yet, there's no limit so simply reply to this and you'll be entered.  :D

I may have a picture of a finished Gloomy Wood tonight!
Fish777

TheAltonTowersProject wrote:
Therideman11 wrote: Don't have rct2  :(
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rollercoaster-T ... oon+2  ;)
Thx for the link, but I'm on windows 7, does it still work?