RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Fish777

gloomy wood
TheAltonTowersProject

Therideman11 wrote: gloomy wood
Tempting! I could probably squeeze that on to my Katanga Canyon, and it's a small section too!
Rob
Admin
Admin

Either the entrance & Towers street or Mutiny Bay
TheAltonTowersProject

Rob-TT wrote: Either the entrance & Towers street or Mutiny Bay
The entrance is an interesting idea. I may have to invest in some CS, which I'm not sure about.

Mutiny bay would be fun, as I've done it before and it translates well in to RCT2. Plus, I may be able to do it on the same scenario as my Katanga Canyon.
Rob
Admin
Admin

How about adding Mutiny bay and gloomy wood to Katanga Canyon.
TheAltonTowersProject

Rob-TT wrote: How about adding Mutiny bay and gloomy wood to Katanga Canyon.
Keep it between ourselves, but I've already started the path from Katanga Canyon to Gloomy Wood, but only so see how things will fit together.

Certainly keen on the idea of adding both Gloomy Wood and Mutiny Bay though.
Jevaaaans

Gloomy Wood + Mutiny Bay does sound like a good idea :) This is so awesome :D
TheAltonTowersProject

Jevaaaans wrote: Gloomy Wood + Mutiny Bay does sound like a good idea :) This is so awesome :D
Haha thanks! I will have a look at the scenery I have to see what I can do! If I got GW and MB out of the way, I'd be getting VERY close to putting the sections together! Exciting times!
Last edited by TheAltonTowersProject on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAltonTowersProject

Just thought I'd tease you with an update! It could be my last update until later on this week.  :(

Anyway, the grey track at the bottom is the outline of my Forbidden Valley recreation. I've even thrown in Nemesis and Air for a dramatic effect.

If any of are eagle-eyed, you might notice Gloomy Wood slowing progressing.  ;)

Rob
Admin
Admin

So are you starting to bring everything together now?
TheAltonTowersProject

Not yet. Once I've completed Gloomy Wood and Mutiny Bay, that'll be the Eastern side of the park finished.

I placed the outline of Forbidden Valley there so you'd get a rough idea of how the park will look when I piece it together. I'll probably use some amazing Microsoft paint skills and Google Earth for a better representation.

Once I've finished each area I will start a new scenario and go through every section individually so I can decide whether I need any CS. For example; a lot of the architecture for the buildings could be a lot better I feel.
TheAltonTowersProject

Not an update, but something I thought was worth a gander.

Thought I'd take a screenshot of Alton Towers via Google Earth and use my amazing Paint skills to forge some kind of 'progress map'.

The Yellow areas are finished sections. The blue beings ones I am currently working on to some degree. Red areas are those that I've not worked on at all yet.

I've marked The Smiler differently due to the fact that it's the only part of the project I can't do! I've marked the Gardens in pink as it'll be the last thing I do, and I'll improvise it once I've placed every section together. I aim to have Katanga Canyon and Gloomy wood finished by the end of next week.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Will you be including the car parks and roads into the park. Also the hotels with the golf?
TheAltonTowersProject

My main focus is the park itself. I think by looking at the proportions of the park at the moment, there will be space for car parks and roads in certain spaces. Basically no square will be untouched. If a road is there, I will build it.

I'd also like to have some space left, for any future Alton Towers projects or possibly to set-up a competition on this forum. See who can build the best SW8?
Altitude

Competition sounds like it could be fun!
Progress looks great though! :)
mattiepearce

Looking good! If you run the competition I'm going to have to dig out the RCT2 disk. :D
TheAltonTowersProject

Altitude wrote: Competition sounds like it could be fun!
Progress looks great though! :)
Coastermadpearce wrote: Looking good! If you run the competition I'm going to have to dig out the RCT2 disk. :D
It's certainly a cool idea! If the park is completed in time I guess it'd be fun to try. I'd love to see what people can do with Alton Towers, there are so many possibilities. If we got a couple of more people on-board, we'll make it happen!  ;)

I should have a small update tomorrow night!  :)
TheAltonTowersProject

Big announcement tomorrow night!!!  ;)

More on that later... I will have an update this evening!  :)
TheAltonTowersProject

Due to some events, I won't be able to post an update tonight.

To make up for this, I will dedicate my morning tomorrow on the park and may even get some work done tonight!

Anyway, expect my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow, at around 7pm.  :D
DrReeve

TheAltonTowersProject wrote: Due to some events, I won't be able to post an update tonight.

To make up for this, I will dedicate my morning tomorrow on the park and may even get some work done tonight!

Anyway, expect my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow, at around 7pm.  :D
Im waiting :P
Image credit to Lewis97