The Smiler - Train Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.

Do you like The Smiler Trains?

Yes
58%
No
15%
I'll wait until I see them in person before making a decision.
27%

Total votes: 434
vinyljunkie

i think because of the ride, the effects and the secret element some of us kinda hope that these arnt the trains or that theres going to be things added to them (me included), tbh im kinda dissapointed cause they look so plain and its like theres no thought gone into them ( i know thats not the case) ....at one point wasnt there something about the trains being a new design? so i suppose that got people thinkin wot if....... as i say im kinda hoping that theres more to the trains than meets the eye but im not going to lose sleep over it because we have one of the most amazing, record breaking rollercoasters alton has ever had! i for one cant wait to go on and experiance THE SMILER!!!
AltonTowerfanatic

vinyljunkie wrote: i think because of the ride, the effects and the secret element some of us kinda hope that these arnt the trains or that theres going to be things added to them (me included), tbh im kinda dissapointed cause they look so plain and its like theres no thought gone into them ( i know thats not the case) ....at one point wasnt there something about the trains being a new design? so i suppose that got people thinkin wot if....... as i say im kinda hoping that theres more to the trains than meets the eye but im not going to lose sleep over it because we have one of the most amazing, record breaking rollercoasters alton has ever had! i for one cant wait to go on and experiance THE SMILER!!!

It's like you read my mind haha I still LOVE the ride but I feel in a way the trains ruin it a bit. sadly i have very a bad case of OCD so when I'm riding it its all i will think about. And I am reall really upset about it, alton could really show off about this ride, and they can but the cars are a big down fall, I can't think of what words to use to describe my sadness haha ;) but there always much hype and potential here :( they could of been amazing and they just really bug me i hoped for a new generation something to shout about, just imagine  your in the amazing cew, looking at the amazing track your amazed by the amazement haha an it gets better on the inside cew the it your turn and you get on... They your face drops as you see... The cheap taking trains that look as if they may fall apart haha  :roll: and when ridding they will still look and feel cheap no matter if you wontnnoticeitnwill be there they are a huge disappointment much like the air tunnel to me haha or even the plaza but don't get me started ahhh I guess it just my OCD but I'm sad :(

Anyway breath and rant over... I hope haha ;)
I'm ready to Smile!
clayj

AltonTowerfanatic wrote: It's like you read my mind haha I still LOVE the ride but I feel in a way the trains ruin it a bit. sadly i have very a bad case of OCD so when I'm riding it its all i will think about. And I am reall really upset about it, alton could really show off about this ride, and they can but the cars are a big down fall, I can't think of what words to use to describe my sadness haha ;) but there always much hype and potential here :( they could of been amazing and they just really bug me i hoped for a new generation something to shout about, just imagine  your in the amazing cew, looking at the amazing track your amazed by the amazement haha an it gets better on the inside cew the it your turn and you get on... They your face drops as you see... The cheap taking trains that look as if they may fall apart haha  :roll: and when ridding they will still look and feel cheap no matter if you wontnnoticeitnwill be there they are a huge disappointment much like the air tunnel to me haha or even the plaza but don't get me started ahhh I guess it just my OCD but I'm sad :(

Take a breath... Sits down &...

[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
wually

First post but I have a sneaky feeling that the cars still are key to the secret element. I believe that before the vertical lift hill, the cars might split and the the coaster self duels as you can't see what's in the middle of the trains in the photos and Gerstlauer are known for cars made up of 2 rows of 4
mattiepearce

wually wrote: First post but I have a sneaky feeling that the cars still are key to the secret element. I believe that before the vertical lift hill, the cars might split and the the coaster self duels as you can't see what's in the middle of the trains in the photos and Gerstlauer are known for cars made up of 2 rows of 4
Welcome to the forum and is that even possible.
Sam198

AltonTowerfanatic wrote:
vinyljunkie wrote: i think because of the ride, the effects and the secret element some of us kinda hope that these arnt the trains or that theres going to be things added to them (me included), tbh im kinda dissapointed cause they look so plain and its like theres no thought gone into them ( i know thats not the case) ....at one point wasnt there something about the trains being a new design? so i suppose that got people thinkin wot if....... as i say im kinda hoping that theres more to the trains than meets the eye but im not going to lose sleep over it because we have one of the most amazing, record breaking rollercoasters alton has ever had! i for one cant wait to go on and experiance THE SMILER!!!

It's like you read my mind haha I still LOVE the ride but I feel in a way the trains ruin it a bit. sadly i have very a bad case of OCD so when I'm riding it its all i will think about. And I am reall really upset about it, alton could really show off about this ride, and they can but the cars are a big down fall, I can't think of what words to use to describe my sadness haha ;) but there always much hype and potential here :( they could of been amazing and they just really bug me i hoped for a new generation something to shout about, just imagine  your in the amazing cew, looking at the amazing track your amazed by the amazement haha an it gets better on the inside cew the it your turn and you get on... They your face drops as you see... The cheap taking trains that look as if they may fall apart haha  :roll: and when ridding they will still look and feel cheap no matter if you wontnnoticeitnwill be there they are a huge disappointment much like the air tunnel to me haha or even the plaza but don't get me started ahhh I guess it just my OCD but I'm sad :(

I can think of many things to describe these trains, but "cheap" and looking "as if they may fall apart" certainly aren't among them.
AltonTowerfanatic

Sam198 wrote:
AltonTowerfanatic wrote:

I can think of many things to describe these trains, but "cheap" and looking "as if they may fall apart" certainly aren't among them.

Well it's a matter of opinion but yes! Yes they do  ;) again it's the OCD talking but I will never be able to enjoy this ride as much as I would of, I know t seem pathetic over cars but annoyingly that's what OCD does to you well my case anyway haha :D let's just realise that we are all different and that I has them and always will and that I think/hope there more to it :D ahhh night now see you tomorrow ;)
I'm ready to Smile!
Kirsty25

I think the cars look nice, they just fit in with the ride, not so sure about how the smiler logo is fixed to the front of the train though.

They have a marmite effect it seems - I love them, simple, just hoping they don't end up as rough as Saw is...
mitchellcollier

I really think that the promo images of the cars looked amazing !! All the wires and extra stuff going on at the back of the seats looked ace. Then we get the real thing, and yes they look like they did in game but i don't think i was the only one who thought something more would be unlocked with the 'secret element'  for the trains. Either way just like the name these will soon grown on us, even if they do look rather silly compared to that monster of a track.
(Just like to say i do love the restraints though  :lol:)
gabbygrace

lewis97 wrote:
Jammydodger wrote: There's definitely more too them than meets the eye, in my opinion.
The coupling just looks way too sparse for no apparent reason.
Notice how there are no photos from behind, looking at the backs of the seats. We only have the one close up of the optical illusion...
In connection to this, something that has been bugging me for a while, can anyone else see what look like yellow cages on the back of the seats?
Last edited by gabbygrace on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan Lowe

C0RR3CTED1  wrote:doubt very much that the world first (if there actuall y is one bar the inversions) will be to do with the trains.
Well there is still something to reveal, the smiler game says under the ? top secret tab that the secret world first - revealed may 2013. What big a part the trains play in that I don't know. But considering the park is open the only place it can be is shortly after the heartline roll towards the first lift hill where prying eyes can't peer.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
rhino18

Everyone knows what the world's first will be: something cr@p and gimmicky. ;)
dylan.tempelaars

just to say the trains in spongebob is better than the smilers! (in my opinion, i dnt want to carry this on :D)
here is the image: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/r ... 7803_1.jpg
some people call me insane, you are right!
Adam

Can I just point something out that's been winding me up a few times in this topic.

The font used for the wording Alton Towers Resort. Just take a look at the main resort logo, the exact same font has been used to match the style in the resort logo.

I'm surprised so many enthusiasts couldn't spot that.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
clayj

Adam wrote: Can I just point something out that's been winding me up a few times in this topic.

The font used for the wording Alton Towers Resort. Just take a look at the main resort logo, the exact same font has been used to match the style in the resort logo.

I'm surprised so many enthusiasts couldn't spot that.
I noticed it straight away but never mentioned it because I thought it was blatantly obvious lol I think most peoples gripe is that most enthusiasts were probably expecting the ride to carry it's own font such as Air & Oblivion etc
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
vinyljunkie

has anyone noticed that there is seven bits to the secret element in the game? im all for the trains pmsl
rhino18

^Yes. I'm confused about it though. Even if you scan stuff, can you only unlock it when the coaster opens?
JonoD

I imagine there will be an update to the game once the ride opens that will hold all the info, or at least hint at what the 'world first' element is.
Altontowersbarlow

This just shows that there is something secret. People saying "oh it's just the inversions or its the inside lift" are possibly wrong as to be fair, John Wardley himself has said there will be a secret that no one will no about untill they ride. Why would bits of the game be secret if it was the inversions and finally why have the lift hills been hidden for so long? Surely this should of either have been onsite and if not put in earlier. With a rumor they are behind cloud cuckoo land (true or not) they seem to be keeping these things secret and there is a unidentified space imbetween the lift hills if it is the lift hills or not theres something going on that we are not being told about (hopefully) :D
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltonTowerfanatic

altontowersbarlow wrote: This just shows that there is something secret people saying oh its just the inversions or its the inside lift are possibly wrong as to be fair jhon wardley himself has said there will be a secret that no one will no about untill they ride and why would bits of the game be secret if it was the inversions and finally why have the lift hills been hidden for so long surely this should of either have been onsite and if not put in earlier and with a rumor there behind cloud cuckoo land (true or not) they seem to be keeping these things secret and there is a unidentified space imbetween the lift hills wether it is the lift hills or not theres something going on that we are not being told about (hopefully) :D
See I think there MIGHT be something special in the lifts but as JW said you will have to RIDE IT to SEE IT. So it won't be the lifts because you can see them even without ridding it, soooo they may be different or possibly just there going in late purely for no SPECIAL reason at all. So I think it something it's something much better!! :D
I'm ready to Smile!