The Smiler - Train Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.

Do you like The Smiler Trains?

Yes
58%
No
15%
I'll wait until I see them in person before making a decision.
27%

Total votes: 434
Hmv

No one seems to have mentioned yet the "Alton towers resort" in quite a retro font, I love the look of this and also kind of links it back to the past and the sanctuary. Also the tubular framework on the front is reminding me of an old style hospital bed, so could it be themed like a big hospital bed in black and yellow? Or have they just used a bit of that style framework to provide the link? :moj
getothing

Hmv wrote: No one seems to have mentioned yet the "Alton towers resort" in quite a retro font, I love the look of this and also kind of links it back to the past and the sanctuary. Also the tubular framework on the front is reminding me of an old style hospital bed, so could it be themed like a big hospital bed in black and yellow? Or have they just used a bit of that style framework to provide the link? :moj
I think the sanctuary is from 1997 and the smiler is from 2013 (future) i dont think the smiler is retro ,the smiler is futuristic y psicologic ¡
Alton towers words look similar (actually)
Last edited by getothing on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
Tom_Jephson

I dont know why so many people want lap bars... This thing has 14 inversions. I think it'd be a bit too intense and put people off going on it.
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!
jackcullen

^ That's the reason why people want lapbars Gerstlauer don't exactly have the best reputation for smooth rides and they're real head bangers!
Forza_Dan24

Hmv wrote: No one seems to have mentioned yet the "Alton towers resort" in quite a retro font, I love the look of this and also kind of links it back to the past and the sanctuary. Also the tubular framework on the front is reminding me of an old style hospital bed, so could it be themed like a big hospital bed in black and yellow? Or have they just used a bit of that style framework to provide the link? :moj
Also looks like we've got The Smiler logo on the front as well (top right of photo) :)
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
Hmv

Forza_Dan24 wrote:
Also looks like we've got The Smiler logo on the front as well (top right of photo) :)
Oh yeh, good spot :)
Tom_Jephson

jackcullen wrote: ^ That's the reason why people want lapbars Gerstlauer don't exactly have the best reputation for smooth rides and they're real head bangers!
Well I'm sure they know the reviews that their rides get so you'd hope that they'd try and improve upon the negatives when working on future projects such as The Smiler.
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!
TomL

getothing wrote:
I think the sanctuary is from 1997 and the smiler is from 2013 (future) i dont think the smiler is retro ,the smiler is futuristic y psicologic ¡
Alton towers words look similar (actually)
The Sanctuary is set in 1952 and the smiler is the ministry of joys brand new project!
Hmv

One things for certain I bet the guys unwrapping it thought it was Christmas  :lol:
Danny

I'm just wondering, if that is the smiler logo in the top right, why is it not in the centre of the train, would look weird to me unless there is one on both sides
getothing

danny.g97 wrote: I'm just wondering, if that is the smiler logo in the top right, why is it not in the centre of the train, would look weird to me unless there is one on both sides
Is the pespective ,the logo is in the middle ¡
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
TomL

danny.g97 wrote: I'm just wondering, if that is the smiler logo in the top right, why is it not in the centre of the train, would look weird to me unless there is one on both sides
It is the centre, its the angle the picture is taken from which makes it seem like it doesnt...I would have thought that on the other side it would be the same 'alton towers resort' and 2 seats
Danny

So then why is the alton towers resort letters in the centre?
Phild94

danny.g97 wrote: So then why is the alton towers resort letters in the centre?
The shot is being taken as if from the bottom left corner of the train... the main seat in the centre of the picture is the 2nd seat in from the left... from the perspective of it what you can see of the smiler logo is actually in the centre

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
DrReeve

How are you even sure that the photo was taken in the center. the towers logo may be closer to one side? Probably not but why are you so sure
Image credit to Lewis97
Henry

Maybe the Alton Towers Resort is on both sides and the Smiler logo looks like its on the edge due to perspective but it's in the middle.

Is there still a chance we could get Swarm type restraints so a sort of lap-thing and then, a soft cover over you and then bars you can't hit your head on, like this?

Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Danny

DrReeve wrote:
How are you even sure that the photo was taken in the center. the towers logo may be closer to one side? Probably not but why are you so sure
I'm not I'm just saying it'll look odd
Phild94

A picture (well as close as paint can allow within 5 mins of hammering away at a mouse) of the camera angle for people to stop moaning XD haha :moj

not saying i am 100% right but it is certainly how i see the trains
Last edited by Phild94 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Hitch

Im really happy if their isn't a secret element because we just have a really great ride with no gimmicks.
AltonTowerfanatic

Unusual, but possible. I am not ruling it still being OTSR just because there is a lack of a OTSR bump - I'm still holding out for lapbars but am going into it with them being OTSR so I am less disappointed if it does turn out to be OTSR. If it does turn out to be lapbars, I will be pleasantly surprised and ecstatic! Here's hoping...:D

See I have to disagree :D sorry, but in my experience of lap bars they have alway really hurt and feel uncomftable :/. I really would hope for OTSR as I think they may not hurt, but who know the laps bars may be different haha but is this a possiblty with the worlds most loops, inversations or whatever you call them haha??
Last edited by AltonTowerfanatic on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm ready to Smile!