Events Calendar 2013

Archive for past events.
Danny

TowersTimes 2013 Event & Meets Calendar

With the New Beginnings meet on open weekend kick starting the 2013 TowersTimes meets with a bang, the TowersTimes team are proud to announce the dates of our 2013 meets:

TowersTimes Get Corrected Meet 2013

When: Thursday 23rd May
Where: Alton Towers Resort

Join TowersTimes for the launch of Alton Towers' brand new, world's first rollercoaster, The Smiler!

TowersTimes  Summer Sizzler* 2013 Event

When: Saturday 27th July
*TowersTimes cannot guarantee any sizzling sun.
**TowersTimes advises all members to bring suitable clothing for rain and/or a snow shovel for snow.
***TowersTimes are not responsible for any snowball fights that may or may not occur during this meet.

Join Us! For our first official event at the Alton Towers Resort! Be the first riders of the day on Nemesis, plunge head first into Oblivion for thirty minutes before the ride opens to the public, and let your childish side out at the end of the day with an exclusive TowersTimes takeover of Berry Bish Bash!

TowersTimes Scaremazing Event 2013

When: Saturday 26th October

Details are currently being finalised for this spooktacular event.

And remember, feel free to take full advantage of our mini-meet scheme to arrange a meet on a date that suits you!
Last edited by Danny on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukparknews

We'll be there for Smiler opening, hopefully in May. We should really come and say hi to you guys :)
Last edited by ukparknews on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

www.ukparknews.co.uk
Benjsh

As a long time reader of this site and only a recentish poster......I feel I may need to Pop my cherry as it were and attend a meet. Seems like as good a time as any with the Smiler coming too.

Count me in for the summer one.
JMR

Nice and... for those who cannot read the small print.
*TowersTimes cannot guarantee any sizzling sun.
**TowersTimes advises all members to bring suitable clothing for rain and/or a snow shovel for snow.
***TowersTimes are not responsible for any snowball fights that may or may not occur during this meet.
snakey904

I can make all accept the fireworks and I hope the smiler opens on a Saturday
Lee

I know you won't be able to confirm the date guys, but will The Smiler meet run over a full weekend? Ie: Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday?
Danny

It's a certain that it will run over a Saturday and Sunday. It may be best for people to look into accommodation near by or on resort for the Friday night, so we can be up and early for our appointment to #getcorrected ;) That is of course, if the ride opens on a Saturday. We aren't 100% sure yet, but we'll look into it closer to the time.
Lee

Cheers Danny! I was trying to make it sound like I wasn't hinting for a release date  :lol:

I wish AT would realise people have work commitments and need book Holiday  :roll:
KittyKat

Hmmm... I may show my face at one of these meets! We'll see how my money plans out.
Pennywise

Should be there for every Saturday meet, all being well.  :)
Cookie Monster

I will be there for the summer sizzler and the scare fest meet
JoshRicho-atiR

Count me in for the scare feast meet up!
Jack

will be there on fireworks :)
Tom.B

Will there be anything special happening at the scarefest meet, e.g. ride takeovers etc? Please PM me.

EDIT: Also, will we be on park both days, or just the Saturday? I want to know as if I'm allowed to go, I'll probably only be there for the Saturday.

Also also, will everyone be going in the mazes, as I'm a wuss and I wouldn't go in, so if that's going to be one of the main points of the day, it's not worth me going.

Again, please PM me.
Last edited by Tom.B on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirsty25

Tommo23 wrote: Will there be anything special happening at the scarefest meet, e.g. ride takeovers etc? Please PM me.

EDIT: Also, will we be on park both days, or just the Saturday? I want to know as if I'm allowed to go, I'll probably only be there for the Saturday.

Also also, will everyone be going in the mazes, as I'm a wuss and I wouldn't go in, so if that's going to be one of the main points of the day, it's not worth me going.

Again, please PM me.
The final details of the scarefest are yet to be finalised. The current plan is for the main day to be Saturday with a mini meet on the Sunday.  I believe also that Dan will be trying for ride takeovers and something special around the scaremazes, though exactly what that looks like, none of us know until the details have been discussed and finalised with Towers themselves, which with it being one of their busiest periods, we will have to wait and see so to speak.

I expect, should we manage something special around the scaremazes, most people would go in, however that's not to say everyone would, again though we don't know any details other than the days at this stage as it is in discussion.
Lee

The team give their mobile numbers out, both on the day and via PM, so if anyone does not want to go into the mazes it is relatively easy for everyone to meet back up again. There are always several scheduled 're grouping' times and points throughout the day. On the day itself, team members always try to check to the forum too. So if for some uncanny reason you can't reach us, send a team PM and shoutbox message and we'll be able to get back in touch with you to meet up.

We aim for everyone to have a fantastical day, and endeavour that no one feels left out. So don't have any fears if you don't want to take part in the mazes, you'll still be able to have a fantabulous day with TT :)
Tom.B

Kirsty25 wrote:
Tommo23 wrote: Will there be anything special happening at the scarefest meet, e.g. ride takeovers etc? Please PM me.

Again, please PM me.
The final details of the scarefest are yet to be finalised. The current plan is for the main day to be Saturday with a mini meet on the Sunday.  I believe also that Dan will be trying for ride takeovers and something special around the scaremazes, though exactly what that looks like, none of us know until the details have been discussed and finalised with Towers themselves, which with it being one of their busiest periods, we will have to wait and see so to speak.

I expect, should we manage something special around the scaremazes, most people would go in, however that's not to say everyone would, again though we don't know any details other than the days at this stage as it is in discussion.
I'll try and come on for the Saturday then!!!
Fish777

Hmm... Debating with myself whether I should go to the fireworks meet... It would take a lot of persuading..  Specially cos I've been, what, about 8 times this year... Might come, if not will try to come to one next year...
Whoguru5

I'm going to the fireworks on the 9th for my birthday ( which is the 9th  :D ) so that meetup seems interesting.

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
Lee

With the closed season now sadly upon us, I'll be locking and moving this topic to our archive folder.

Thank you to everyone who took part in our fantastic meet up and events throughout the 2013 season. We look forward to announcing our exciting 2014 season plans very soon :)