Alton Towers - Winged Coaster?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
NemesisRider

I would love to see one, but the height issue would prevail in this,unless the did a Raptor style wing rider (shorter, less inversions, limited.).

TBH a floorless dive does something similar so when Blivvy (eventually) goes, they could get one of those.
daboywunda

The launch element to it would see that height shouldn't be an issue. Look at Furious Baco... Not the highest of rides that was ever built, but packs a huge punch (taking the size of the footprint out of that statement btw, because F.B's footprint seems massive)
Ryan.B

A traditional lift wing coaster wouldn't be very good as the pacing would be bad because of its height but with the new launched wing rider there is a possibility.
inFusion

daboywunda wrote:Here's something crazy I came up with the other day... But I'm not sure on the logistics..

Didn't Alton have planning permission for a launched coaster next to Duel a few years back, but went with Rita in Ug Land instead?

Haven't B&M developed a way of launching wingriders?

In case you need help putting the 2 together... A launched wingrider themed to something like bats next to Duel...?

Trouble is, not sure what the regulations would be on foot-print, height, tree removal or this methane gas issue they have in the area... Nor am I totally convinced that without a bit of an overhaul, the area could cope with the addition of such a massive attraction as well as being the through-fare for Forbidden Valley.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbir ... day_World)
Aidan Lowe

AT I can't see getting a winged coaster unless its in the car park.

But imagine this, a launched flying (air) wing coaster, first of its kind. Its bound to happen one day guys somewhere in the world. Now that I would love to ride.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dom

Andy Mc wrote:But imagine this, a launched flying (air) wing coaster, first of its kind. Its bound to happen one day guys somewhere in the world. Now that I would love to ride.
That would be interesting, plus its a gimmick, which AT love. As for wing coasters themselves, I quite like them. I do really enjoy The Swarm, so if AT were to ever get one than i personally would love it. I guess it wouldn't need a lift hill either, given the success of Thunderbird, so i can see it working well in the park. I like the idea mentioned about it being themed to bats and going in Gloomy Wood. Would never happen, but would be incredible if they did.
Stan.H

I could see that working really well, I'd love a bit like manta where you scrape the water or a splash-down pool (like shammy).