Alton Towers Resort Merchandise

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Rabz46

I think I've spotted an error with the hoodie I bought at Towers, anyone else spot this and can confirm? I have done a rough translation and it appears to be blocks of the alphabet, in the GHIJK the I does not appear to be the same as used in the Wickerman marketing campaign

Which one is right/ why would they have changed it?
Dan

Rabz46 wrote:I think I've spotted an error with the hoodie I bought at Towers, anyone else spot this and can confirm? I have done a rough translation and it appears to be blocks of the alphabet, in the GHIJK the I does not appear to be the same as used in the Wickerman marketing campaign

Which one is right/ why would they have changed it?
The rune alphabet can be found at the bottom of this page on our Wicker Man mini-site :)

Maybe the runes on the hoodie are a mis-print. It’s not like Towers are known for their quality proof reading :lol
Justin

Interesting, I'll have to look into that as I don't recognise it.
In other news, it appears that there are only 5 out of the 50 limited edition pieces of ride wood left as only 5 can be added to the basket.
https://shop.altontowers.com/products/wicker-man-numbered-ride-wood
Bexa

Does anyone know if AT have a return policy? I bought some t-shirts from them, but 2 are too small and I was wondering if they are returnable
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
vanjiematteo

Bexa wrote:Does anyone know if AT have a return policy? I bought some t-shirts from them, but 2 are too small and I was wondering if they are returnable
From the AT website:
Returns & Exchanges

Our return policy
In addition to your legal rights, should you change your mind, we will happily provide an exchange or refund providing the following conditions are met:
  1. The items with the original receipt are returned within 14 days of purchase. 
  1. The item has not been used and is in original condition as purchased, including all packaging with original tags and labels attached.

How to return item - Purchases made online
They need to be returned to: 
ATR On-line Shop – Returns
Admin Building
Alton
Staffordshire
ST10 4DB

You can exchange your on line order by posting it back to us along with a copy of your online receipt to our returns address above. Please indicate the item you wish to exchange. Exchanges are subject to stock availability. For online exchanges, please list alternative item(s) in case we have sold out of your first choice. Standard delivery charges apply on re-delivery for online exchanges if sent back to the online returns address, unless goods are exchanged in accordance with your statutory rights (egg. They are faulty or not as ordered).
Please note: all returns or exchanges remain the responsibility of the purchaser until received by ATR On-Line Shop
Justin

Yesterday,a_j_tpw posted images onto their Instagram account of some of the new merchandise to be found on the Resort this year. 

Here are a few notable items...

^ :love :love :love

^ :love :love :love :love :love :love :love :love :love 100000% Must buy!

Swarm Chris

Really don't like the Vs T-Shirts, but it's good to see a new range of branded and themed items. Some of the other T-Shirts are quite good.

Also spotted in one photo showing the Dungeons items that Operation is already at 50% off. Pretty impressive to have a previous price for a new item not sold before by Alton (assuming they didn't sell it for a week during Scarefest).
Justin

You can see the Operation below, but I don't think it is an officially branded item. I could be wrong, but it looks like Hasbro has just stuck a Dungeons sticker on the cellophane. 
Swarm Chris

I think you're right, that it just has a sticker on. Ironically, may actually pick this up. Been a long time since I've played Operation. :lol
AltonOperator

Loads of new pin badges this season!
Source
Thanks Jack
Liam.W

Oh jheez all this new merch looks fantastic, my bank account is going to be crying out for help on opening weekend!  :lol :cry: :lol :cry:
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

AltonOperator

I don't really do merch but I can definitely see myself buying a personalised notebook. £7 isn't terrible. I think a waterpark and wickerman pin might have to happen to
Thanks Jack
Michelle

I could potentially be tempted by the personalised notebook, it's good to see a new range of merch , some of the pins look pretty nice.

The operation, we've got one sat in our back room (pretty bashed now despite us not ever using it) that we got for £3 at London Dungeons when they were selling off the merch and getting rid of the shop ...
Justin

The Wicker Man pins are a must. I'll be picking up an Oblivion and Nemesis pin too!
Bexa

The Oblivion pin looks really good. 
By the by, how much are pins generally?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
Michelle

I think the pins are £4-4.50 each these days generally, but you can get AP discount if you have one.
Dan

I really am glad that they've released some new designs of Wicker Man merch for this season. My one gripe last year was that I wasn't overly impressed with the clothing side of merchandise for the attraction, so I'm happy we have a few new designs for this year.

My favourite of the lot has to be the Wicker Man shirt that is similar to the one worn by the ride staff. I can certainly see a fair few of us picking one of those up :lol

It's also good to see that, even in its sixth year, new designs of Smiler merch are being released. My bank balance is crying already.....
DeadJack5

Thanks, bank account is crying... :lol

I do like the new shirt designs for Wicker Man. I wasn't that fond of the old designs from last year but these certainly make up for it. The VS. Shirt designs I'm not too keen on but I'm sure throughout the season we will see more being released.

As for pin badges... I recently started collecting them so looks like it's going to be a fun, money spending year for me!
wamdue

Some nice Wicker Man t-shirts there (and t-shirts generally) certainly better than the ones on sale last season.

That being said that 7 pack of mugs is tempting, even if I have 5 of them already (from the previous set) and a large Wicker Man one.

Note to self: if you do go to Alton Towers, do not even look at the mugs.

Also previous comments about the Dungeons aside, I like that Skeleton mug.
ProfBurp

Looks like some really decent merch for this season and nice to see them continuing the trend of the retired rides as pins, totally agree with wicker man too, the t-shirts last season were very underwhelming.