Alton Towers Resort Merchandise

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

Following on from Dom's post; pins are now available for £3.50 each, along with the starter pack for £14.
jessiejuju

I love the new pins deffo gonna buy the RMT one and the Rapids, would love to see one done for Duel and Hex and maybe for the Haunted House too cause i reckon they would look great sitting next to the th13teen badges on a lanyard.
Dom

I brought the four new idividual pin badges via their website and I love the Congo River Rapids one. They must know its my favourite ride at Towers as its also glittery. There was also a reply tweet that I saw this morning that hinted at potentially some Scarefest ones being released. I'm currently in the wrong place to show an image or quote what was said.
S.J_O'Grady

I absolutely love the new retro badges! They seem to be popular so really hoping they make some more. Beast, Thunder Looper, Around the World would be nice. It would be good if they could carry on the style of the newest four. Just having the plain simple logo on that smart black card they look great.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
theparklifekid

ImageJust thought I should share my pin collection as I've ran out of space on my lanyard.
Left side from top to bottom:
Nemesis 21
Flying Fish
Swarm
Nemesis Inferno
Sheriff (Cinecitta World)
Majora's Mask
National Trust
Derren Brown's Ghost Train
Colossus
Galactica
Saw: The Ride
Th13teen
Stealth
Nemesis
War Museum 100th Year

Right side:
From earth to the moon (Space Mountain 2)
X
Berlin Dungeon
Corkscrew 
Ferrari World
School
Mockingjay (MotionGate)
Atlantis
School
Team Instinct
Swarm
Smiler
Oblivion
Rita
Canada
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Justin

Looks good. Warwick have a nice metal pin of the castle too, you need to check that out!

All of my pins this year havn't been added to my lanyards. I keep wondering whether to keep them in their packs, although I did say to myself last year just to enjoy them and not worry about it!
Robert.W

Wow! That's quite a collection you have! How long has it taken to get that many?

theparklifekid

Robert W wrote:Wow! That's quite a collection you have! How long has it taken to get that many?
I've been collecting since 2013, but I've lost a few along the way (such as an Air one), most of the ones in the pic I got within the past 2 years.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Justin

Never seen these before, but just ordered some as I get so paranoid about losing pins!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321838248568

Not my auction, but a great buy!
hursty

They're a cool idea, although I've had issues with the pin separating from the front with some of the Merlin ones. For the price these are getting to, it wouldn't hurt for them to be a bit more durable!
Justin

Yeah, I've seen a few go that way, but agree with you on the price front as they have crept up in price over the last few years. £3.50 is a lot, but this provides more of a reason why I've purchased a pack of these just to try. I have some rare pins now and I'd hate to lose one!
jackf1tz

I've never had a Merlin pin badge break on me, but my only "non metal" one is the STRONG one.
Justin

That's metal isn't it?
Nickolai

I have just started pin badge collecting and soon hope to get a TTSP lanyard!
Formally Smiler313
ROYJESS

Justin wrote:That's metal isn't it?
Mine's looks like plastic, but I've just checked and it's metal
Justin

Ha! It's the laminated front that makes it look plastic.
Smiler313 wrote:I have just started pin badge collecting and soon hope to get a TTSP lanyard!
Worth a buy and the quality is good. I use mine for event badges.
jackf1tz

Justin wrote:That's metal isn't it?
I meant the front, as all my others are solid metal, Sorry for the confusion.
Justin

No worries. The only pin I don't like to much is the Nemesis one from last year. That is plastic fronted!
jackf1tz

My absolute fave is my 2017 Rita Pin, it's an absolute beaut, but I carefully Pick and Choose mine. Nemmy's never had a good pin in my eyes, other than Neme21s a couple of years back!
Justin

I'm personally not keen on pins which have any moving parts or attachments, but pins have been getting better over the past few years.