Did You Find Spinball Whizzer Disappointing?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Did You Find Spinball Whizzer Disappointing?

Poll runs till Mon Aug 08, 2039 11:49 am

Yes
24%
No, it\'s great!!
76%

Total votes: 76
phillipvass

What do ya think it'd be like with a few inversions, that might liven it up! :)
canon man

I think it was good I went on it when it first opened (used my hotel pass lol) :D
Northern_Rider

I enjoyed it. Was just a good old fun ride and i was impressed with the themeing. It wasn't over the top but it let guest know the general idea of what the ride is based on.

Next year we will have RITA, Nemesis and Oblivion for the thrill seakers, SW imo was badly needed for the park (will replace BH in the family ride stakes)
Jamie P

in my opinion, spinball whizzer is cr@p, way to short, not enpugh thrills or G's
Professional Web Designer
Ron_Mc_Don

Its not supposed to have lots of G's. Its supposed to be fun not intense and i think that its exacly what they wanted and is very fun. Everyone of my friends that have been on it have loved it.
Ketchup

[quote=""Jamie P""]in my opinion, spinball whizzer is cr@p, way to short, not enpugh thrills or G's[/quote]

No offence but do you know what your on about, a good coaster is not mearsured by G's, in my view a good coaster, has a good track layout, good theming, fun to ride and have many tricks up its sleeve and I think Spinball has em all. Except for the theming!
phillipvass

I think Alton do need a family coaster like SW, not my choice of ride but it's still good :)
Anonymous

Its really good fun, i wasnt disapointed with it anyway :D
Anonymous

[quote=""Ketchup""]No offence but do you know what your on about, a good coaster is not mearsured by G's, in my view a good coaster, has a good track layout, good theming, fun to ride and have many tricks up its sleeve and I think Spinball has em all. Except for the theming![/quote]

Apinballs nice but I think out of a hit and miss formula, its a miss. There are to many faults with the ride to make it a trus Alton Classic. Queuing is a bitch, which only the most dedicated Alton Towers fanboy will do (or member of public who doesn't know any better). Its a novelty coaster, but is simply wiped out by its Southern Cousin.
Williscroft

I was well pleased with it and thought it was a great ride. I enjoy being thrilled more thow but spinballs not ment to thrill you so people cant say bad things about it in that way. I have ridden it loads of times this year and i think it was a great move for alton towers and i cant wait to get back there next year to ride it again. :D :D :D :D :D Ow and peopel say the themeings no good but i think it fits in well :D
Anonymous

I loved it! I though it was a scream, laughed all the way through it! Came off saying it was better than Nemesis! :lol:

What I say to people who say they've had a crap ride on it - every ride is different! Depends on how many people are in the car, how much they weigh, what angle you face! Taking the first drop backwards is exhilerating and makes your stomach go! I've queued 3 hours for it, and it didn't matter - came off not caring, it was a laugh!

:twisted: :P
loop_the_loop

Well, I found it extremely good, even waiting the long time of 5 mins (single rider) and hotel pass.

I espically like the first drop going into the banked curve. It just seems to spin at the right times during the ride to give great g-forces
.........Chance favours the prepared mind..........
Anonymous

[quote=""Kaycee""]

What I say to people who say they've had a crap ride on it - every ride is different! Depends on how many people are in the car, how much they weigh, what angle you face! Taking the first drop backwards is exhilerating and makes your stomach go! I've queued 3 hours for it, and it didn't matter - came off not caring, it was a laugh!

[/quote]

Yeah I erm think its shoddy at best, but then I have ridden Dragons Fury 195 times.
Anonymous

Can't comment on Dragon's Fury...can't say that Chessington is worth the trip :P Problem I found with Dragon's layout was that it WAS very big and open....tight corners and compactness = high intensity don't you know! :wink: SW is fun, well it was for me anyway! Didn't think it needed to be anything else.

phillipvass

[quote=""loop_the_loop""]Well, I found it extremely good, even waiting the long time of 5 mins (single rider) and hotel pass.

I espically like the first drop going into the banked curve. It just seems to spin at the right times during the ride to give great g-forces[/quote]

I hated doing that the second time I went to Alton with my rider pass, everybody just gave you dirty looks as you walked past 'em all lol :D
spinwhizzer

I loved it! Its was a laugh, we got the car (number 7) that spins as you go up the lift hill! :D :D
Anonymous

Aren't they all supposed to spin up the lift hill?
Williscroft

Fury, no there not. For some reason the number 7 car spins sometimes as it gose up the lift hill so you realy dont know wich way your going to take the first drop :)
Anonymous

Ah, that would be the process of running in then. Simple theory Car Number 7 has probably been on the track for the majority of the 2004 season meaning its part are less likely to stick or be clunky. It could also be made of lighter materials then the other 7 cars. Its the same with Dragons Fury, Car's 1,2 and 3 are extremely spinny when you have a right weight combination.