Future of Adventure Land?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Altontowersbarlow

Its the fact they are doing farm yard sonic and cloud cuckoo land together wich gives a very mixed matched impression and their are no theming in it apart from shove all of this together far far away shrek would be good or expand cuckoo land :D
Henry

I think what he means is that it would be  a fresh start, not just combining them. So new rides, re-themed old ones etc.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
stu1980

Henry wrote: I think what he means is that it would be  a fresh start, not just combining them. So new rides, re-themed old ones etc.
yea thats what i mean lol a whole brand new area
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Altontowersbarlow

Oh ok my mistake lol :D
DrReeve

Henry wrote: 100th post!!!

There used to be an Alton Towers towers zoo didn't there?
I wouldn't mind one with a few animal-themed rides
there wasn't entirely a zoo just the farmyard actually had real animals. I think they were removed when foot and mouth disease broke out. I wouldn't mind have a few cows and stuff there but now I think of it it's not merlons sorta thing

I would love a roal Dahl themed area with rides about each of his books
Image credit to Lewis97
ManiaMuse

Why did Alton Towers build Spinball again? I mean it can be a fun ride when the queue isn't huge but it's obvious no proper thought went into it's location or theme.

The good thing I suppose is that it is built on a pretty flat piece of land so shouldn't be too hard to relocate it to another park and get some of their money back.
maliluph

I heard last year that for AT were wanting to delevop the area into something that can compete with Thomas Land at DM. Bob the Builder was mentioned as a potential character.
Kenzie2012

Totally agree here, the book worm is in an absolute terrible state! By the end of this season it is going to need considerable work to get it into shape again.

If the Dreamworks Shrek land had gone ahead, we would have a new area by now.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
clayj

I can't remember who it was that mentioned Roald Dahl theme, but personally I would love to see this. The only problem I see with this theme is that I believe it would apeal more too the parents then the kids as unfotunately RD isn't as well known these days... Well not as well known as Bob the Builder..

IF a major theme was to be brought into the park I'd love to see it kept as a Britrish IP. As Thomas is taken locally by DM & it would be percieved to be copying to bring in BBC's Chugginton (which would lend itself brilliantly to a theme park) I recon either Roald Dahl or Horrible Histories would make a brilliant addition too the park ??
Last edited by clayj on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Maseyg123

Adventure land only has one ride at the moment, The Sonic Spinball. I think it needs more rides, maybe the land can be rethemed around video games? They could have a Mario ride, an arcade and a Mario Kart bumper cars or something? There is some room on the grass opposite the sonic spinball. Any ideas about the future of Adventure Land? :) Image
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Benjsh

Aren't there rumours that Sonic or Spinball or whatever you want to call it is due to be removed sometime between now and 2019 as part of the future plans? Noise complaints were mentioned. As well as capacity and reliabilty issues.

I don't see Adventure land ever taking off personally. I think the whole area will be scraped or turned into a larger area for smaller children like people have speculated.
Henry

I may be wrong, but I don't think the grass can be built upon, but seriously I might be wrong so...
Boz

Topics merged, please ensure you check that a similar topic does not already exist, before starting a new one, thanks.
Maseyg123

Sorry... I'm new...  :)
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
gaz1313

Henry wrote: I may be wrong, but I don't think the grass can be built upon, but seriously I might be wrong so...
Maybe now. There used to be Sea Lions on it, and it would be a bit of a shame if they did, as it's a nice area at the end of Towers Street.
Evostance

Remove Sonic Spin ball and retheme the entire area. It could easily house a large cartoon style section.

Also, my suggestion would be to demolish that tree where the ice show used to be and build a big indoor warehouse ride like the finding memo coaster at DLP
Henry

Re-theme and a proper indoor coaster.
Like Evostance said before, Crush's Coaster and DLP.
WhatARoaster

I dont mind Sonic Spinball, plus its the only really family orientated coaster. I dont think the can get rid of it easily without providing another coaster that isnt specifically for the 'ultimate thrill seeker'.
cookiee_munster

out of curiosity, does anyone know what the hospitality marquee is used for? and if its used on a regular basis?

its sitting on a nice piece of land inbetween adventure land and x-sector.

somehow, id love for any events that went on in the marquee to take place inside the towers (obvs refurbished) the original marquee demolished and the land used for more space in adventure land.

id also like to see a hell of a lot more planting surrounding the borders of adventure land and the lake. that way, its kind of hidden away as you enter the park, just adding to the mystery of everything.

many folk think that adventure land, storybook land and the farm should eventually be merged into one huge land. i think thats a bit too much and rather just see adventure and storybook merged leaving the farm to eventually undergo some sort of re-theme catering for the really young'uns.

i like the idea someone mentioned about having an indoor spinner like the crush coaster at DLP :)
Henry

Thats a great idea about moving the hospitality suite to the towers, it would make more space for rides and i'm pretty sure that i would prefer the hospitality suite in the towers.